Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Does anyone still play Pokémon Emerald on the GBA ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18912
  • Start date
It is an all time classic, whether you like it or not u ginger nosechvultzelwitz.
Maybe a classic to 16 year old jites like you :lul: :lul:
And we all know jite opinion doesn't matter

Maybe a classic to 16 year old jites like you :lul: :lul:
And we all know jite opinion doesn't matter
It´s always:
jite dizz..
jite dat..
U R A JITE MUH JEWISH NIGGAH:feelsahh:

i played pokémon sapphire as a hand-me-down from my cousin.

i think i replayed sapphire about 2-3 times. i remember sucking ass during watson’s gym battle and the rival battle under the cycling bridge. my fav pokemon from that game was claydol for some reason lol

for me, my favourite pokemon games were the ones in gen 4 and 5.
beginning gen 6, the games felt a lot weaker compared to previous entries in the series.

i played pokémon sapphire as a hand-me-down from my cousin.

i think i replayed sapphire about 2-3 times. i remember sucking ass during watson’s gym battle and the rival battle under the cycling bridge. my fav pokemon from that game was claydol for some reason lol

for me, my favourite pokemon games were the ones in gen 4 and 5.
beginning gen 6, the games felt a lot weaker compared to previous entries in the series.
They did.
Kyogre is too OP.
jites are so corny. ew

Shalom.

I remember having a GBA, good times

Envy all of you who still kept their old games from childhood. :cryfeels:

I have all the games from gens 3-7. I have blue on my 3ds. 4 is my favorite tbh. I have roms for most of the games on my computer and i make randomized save files sometimes
Even the music sounds like a downgrade compared to 3rd gen.
Arceus theme and Cynthia theme are great

Pokemon stadium 2 and gen 2 as a whole has a special place in my heart since I used to play stadium 2 with my cousin when I was a kid

2nd Gen is always going to be the best.

I haven't played it in a few years but Crystal version is the goat. Need to replay it soon.

I feel like the only person who's never played Pokémon.

I feel like the only person who's never played Pokémon.
Same here. Only played it on emulator, but never owned any of the games as a kid. My dad did had Gen 1 or Gen 2 Pokemon for the Game Boy (forgot which version), but I never got to play it.

Same here. Only played it on emulator, but never owned any of the games as a kid. My dad did had Gen 1 or Gen 2 Pokemon for the Game Boy (forgot which version), but I never got to play it.
I have literally never played it at all. Never got into Nintendo games.

Nope. They always seemed like kiddie games and I never saw a reason to buy a Nintendo console.
Ah, I see. You go for PlayStation or XBox, instead?

Yeah. Not especially partial to either, at this point. And I play most of my retro games on my laptop.
Ah, I see.

Grew up on Nintendo mostly, but my mom threw out all my working consoles. So now I just have a DSi and a PS3 Super Slim.

Ah, I see.

Grew up on Nintendo mostly, but my mom threw out all my working consoles. So now I just have a DSi and a PS3 Super Slim.
Holy shit that's rough. I got a 360 and a PS4, and I play the latter between semesters. I want to snag an Xbox Series X at some point, but I doubt that'll be soon

Holy shit that's rough. I got a 360 and a PS4, and I play the latter between semesters. I want to snag an Xbox Series X at some point, but I doubt that'll be soon
Yeah. I used to have the Game Boy Color, the Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite and the Wii. I also used to have a VTech V-Flash which was an "edutainment" system.

Nowadays, I play old game on my PC via emulators. And now, I'm working on a homebrew platformer game for the GBC.

Yeah. I used to have the Game Boy Color, the Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS Lite and the Wii. I also used to have a VTech V-Flash which was an "edutainment" system.

Nowadays, I play old game on my PC via emulators. And now, I'm working on a homebrew platformer game for the GBC.
Dude that's pretty fuckin sweet, man.

Dude that's pretty fuckin sweet, man.
Yeah. I actually have the sprite ready, but trying to learn C and assembly so I can actually put in the code. Did you know that the Game Boy processor was Z80-like?

Yeah. I actually have the sprite ready, but trying to learn C and assembly so I can actually put in the code. Did you know that the Game Boy processor was Z80-like?
Man, I don't even know what that means: so no. I am surprised it's C compatable but I know virtually nothing lol

Man, I don't even know what that means: so no. I am surprised it's C compatable but I know virtually nothing lol
The Z80 was an processor that was used in a lot of computers in the '80s, such as the TRS-80 and the ZX Spectrum. It was also used on the Sega Master System and the Game Gear.

The Game Boy uses a modified version of the Z80. And yeah, you can compile C code with GBDK or SDCC. But its better to code in assembly, which is (almost) machine language.

The Z80 was an processor that was used in a lot of computers in the '80s, such as the TRS-80 and the ZX Spectrum. It was also used on the Sega Master System and the Game Gear.

The Game Boy uses a modified version of the Z80. And yeah, you can compile C code with GBDK or SDCC. But its better to code in assembly, which is (almost) machine language.
Dude the ZX Spectrum was dope old computer. Does C compile at a lower level than assembly? And bro where'd you learn all this? Are you an aspiring dev?

Dude the ZX Spectrum was dope old computer. Does C compile at a lower level than assembly? And bro where'd you learn all this? Are you an aspiring dev?
It's possible to use assembly language with C or use architecture-specific libraries and code.

And I know a lot about computers, including old computers and its history. Trying to learn programming, too.

As for Game Boy development, I get my resources mostly from this wiki: https://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Main_Page

It's possible to use assembly language with C or use architecture-specific libraries and code.

And I know a lot about computers, including old computers and its history. Trying to learn programming, too.

As for Game Boy development, I get my resources mostly from this wiki: https://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Main_Page
That's an awesome skill man! Knowing programming is a really valuable trait. I don't know shit about computers to be honest, and the most I'm willing to do is open a hex editor to get some buggy old games running now and again.

That's an awesome skill man! Knowing programming is a really valuable trait. I don't know shit about computers to be honest, and the most I'm willing to do is open a hex editor to get some buggy old games running now and again.
Ah, I see. Haven't really dove into using hex editors. I have use them to make certain things working when I'm patching hack ROMs, but haven’t done anything too sophisticated with them.

I have made my own "hack" of Earthbound (more really, just a resprite) using a tool called CoilSnake.

Ah, I see. Haven't really dove into using hex editors. I have use them to make certain things working when I'm patching hack ROMs, but haven’t done anything too sophisticated with them.

I have made my own "hack" of Earthbound (more really, just a resprite) using a tool called CoilSnake.
They're a little confusing to me, and my time with them has mostly been browsing to change certain values of force new resolutions when nothing else works.

They're a little confusing to me, and my time with them has mostly been browsing to change certain values of force new resolutions when nothing else works.
For me, I just used them to turn on or off a few settings. Like change what sounds are used, or to change sprites and their locations on a map, etc.

For me, I just used them to turn on or off a few settings. Like change what sounds are used, or to change sprites and their locations on a map, etc.
Sounds Iike that could be pretty fun tbh. I'd like to toy around with a few older games beyond screwing around in config files.

Sounds Iike that could be pretty fun tbh. I'd like to toy around with a few older games beyond screwing around in config files.
Yeah, you could do some simple ROM hacking with some guides or automated tools. Though if you want to do something much more sophisticated, then you might need to learn assembly language as well as study the source code.

Yeah, you could do some simple ROM hacking with some guides or automated tools. Though if you want to do something much more sophisticated, then you might need to learn assembly language as well as study the source code.
Doubt that'll happen lol. I'm already a slow learner with the shit I need to learn, and if my experience with Excel teaches me anything, it's that I'm almost a boomer with technology

Doubt that'll happen lol. I'm already a slow learner with the shit I need to learn, and if my experience with Excel teaches me anything, it's that I'm almost a boomer with technology
Yeah, same. I'm just too lazy to learn anything if I just want to get right into actually making something.

Damn I feel that.
Yeah. Can't really focus if I'm spending my own time having to read chapters after chapters of every manual just to learn everything I need.