Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does work help with loneliness?

does work help with inceldom?

• YES

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • NO

Votes: 28 70.0%

• Total voters
PollockCel

PollockCel

I am not an incel
-
I am currently not working, never been in a position where i have been dependant on myself for income. Does work help with all the time you have as an incel? I will just add that i do have some buddies, no meaningful or stable friendships tho and i am not even going to start with romantic relationships.
I did some work before and i got the feeling that work makes you appreciate your freetime, i hope that this is what will happen. I wasnt so painfully aware of my situation as i am now, does work help or make the situation worse? I am becoming more numb and empty each day, copes i enojoyed in the past and no longer fun, stimulants ie beer help but when i am not on them and alone, the suffering doubles.
i am asking because i still have some time before i will be "on my own" and currently just rot at home in front of my computer.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :feels:

Whan started working, had hopes in new crush. When crush failed, work became torture and shame

For me work is the most important source of sanity and purpose. I love what I do though, I probably wouldn't feel the same way if I was working at a job I hate.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :feels:

At the start it feels like you are contributing to something and you are happy, but soon you realize nothing really matters, and you are just trading your life for some pocket change.

At the start it feels like you are contributing to something and you are happy, but soon you realize nothing really matters, and you are just trading your life for some pocket change.
For me work is the most important source of sanity and purpose. I love what I do though, I probably wouldn't feel the same way if I was working at a job I hate.
so you are both talking about jobs that are some what meaningful?

>mfw neet

Bottom text society

I'm a programmercel, I make games and apps and I love 30% of it which is way more than other things I did for money.

Ask the Poles who are stealing jobs from North-Western Europeans.

Most jobs suk, so no.

I am currently not working, never been in a position where i have been dependant on myself for income. Does work help with all the time you have as an incel? I will just add that i do have some buddies, no meaningful or stable friendships tho and i am not even going to start with romantic relationships.
I did some work before and i got the feeling that work makes you appreciate your freetime, i hope that this is what will happen. I wasnt so painfully aware of my situation as i am now, does work help or make the situation worse? I am becoming more numb and empty each day, copes i enojoyed in the past and no longer fun, stimulants ie beer help but when i am not on them and alone, the suffering doubles.
i am asking because i still have some time before i will be "on my own" and currently just rot at home in front of my computer.
I thought it did tbh but the loneliness is replaced with pains such as social anxiety and having to force yourself to stay awake when tired.

do you make a good living?
Yes, but I have other sources of income too and I got lucky a few times. I wouldn't recommend it as your only source of income, you can easily make 4-5 quality apps/games and be earning only like $50 a month. If you want to try it out, first do it as a hobby until something you make catches on.

Depends, I found the money meaningful, not really the job itself.
Nothing is really meaningful(Unless you are like the 8%, if you were I doubt you'd be posting this), it only matters that it feels meaningful to you at least.

Even if i work with ppl it doesnt. I always think how lonly i am. Its only making it worse :cryfeels: :feelstrash:

Doesn't really help to make loneliness feel better tbh, but helps you not to feel numb and go insane. and to appreciate you free time as you already mentioned. It's also possible to make friends at work (chances of befriending your co-workers depend on wich job you are working at)

No. Depending on the work, the workplace can be the worst especially if you have female co-workers. You will see how most of the men will interact with them without noticing your presence. Some people are rude even if you make small talk. You will also notice ass lickers in the process, they will stop at nothing to get promoted only to be treated like a bitch.

Working hard is a meme, makes you look like a bigger fool. Being lazy in some places nets you rewards.

My work enviorment is lonely. Its almost all driving alone. So I dont know, it makes me feel even more isolated from all the youth that are at parties and events together while im just working some meaningless industrial job.

best answer, written perfectly

I get my sense of "life purpose" by gardening!

The only good thing about working is the extra cash and the ability to stare at foids! (That will never love you!( When the day is done it's slightly more soul crushing to be alone.

Unless you arr self-employed only then can work set you free! Especially if you've chosen well!

That way you have control of your interactions!

Anyone saying "NO" is fucking lying, or they're shitty employees. One of the only things that takes my mind off my loneliness

Yes and no. It will prevent isolation and can get your energy on something else besides planning a killing spree or a suicide. However, high investment in a hobby can accomplish most of the same things without having to repeat all of the same bullshit from highschool like cliques and authority approved bullying.

If you hate your job and its nothing more than wageslavery for you its not really gonna help that much. Unfortunately for incels you're not nearly gonna get as much choice with jobs because your interview score is essentially divided by 5.

I think it depends of the work. Working with Chads and females gossiping all day would only make me feel worse.

Not for me. I miss being a neet
God damn it. This is too true.
I think it depends of the work. Working with Chads and females gossiping all day would only make me feel worse.
Yeah. Some bitch who thought I couldn't hear her literally whispered to her friend and called me retarded. I was too high inhib to do anything.

Work is like every single thing in life. A groundhog day of Murphy's law

Last edited:
yeah it can cope coz it fill ur time and u can cope with something to get shekels

Sometimes if you have a decent conversation with some dude etc. it can alleviate the loneliness temporarily, but it gets cancelled out by coming home to an empty place every day, weekends alone, getting lifemogged and mogged by coworkers and the crushing feeling of repetitive never ending slavery with few rewards.

Jobs dealing with customers are potent Suifuel.
Even coworkers clown me for not having a significant other or kids.:feelsrope:

I work with a very large amount of foids. None of them want me there so it's practically like working alone. It does help with inceldom though because instead of LDARing I now have money to fund my copes. LDARing gets boring over time anyways.

It only makes more depressed than before...

I find it does. It keeps you busy, so you’re nothing thinking of how shit the world is.

It hasn’t helped me yet

I'm a programmercel, I make games and apps and I love 30% of it which is way more than other things I did for money.
What games have you made bro.

Yes if you actually like the work. Or if it makes you have a regular schedule that you otherwise wouldn't.