Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Doing Exams as an Incel

Dalaran

Dalaran

Banned
-
I have an exam in 20 minutes in statistics and I seriously would prefer to take a cyanide pill than to do this shit. I'm way too depressed to study for this. Like, as an incel, you have nothing to enjoy afterwards except a NEET lifestyle and fapping. The normies get to have house parties while you barely pass an exam. Why was I fucking born?

I have an exam in 20 minutes in statistics and I seriously would prefer to take a cyanide pill than to do this shit. I'm way too depressed to study for this. Like, as an incel, you have nothing to enjoy afterwards except a NEET lifestyle and fapping. The normies get to have house parties while you barely pass an exam. Why was I fucking born?
Statistics? How much did you study boyo?

Tbh I hate stats.
As for my other exams, well I got no problem yet (although this may come...). Studying is the only thing that keeps my brain alive, "healthily" alive if I could say so.

Exams are brutal
Had one on operations research today

Couple of YouTube videos and looked at some slides. I have to know how to do confidence intervals, normal distribution and hypothesis testing.
I don't think that will be enough but YMMV.
Homework assignments, extra practice problems, possibly even tutoring with concepts you don't understand? That's where it's at imo.

Confidence intervals doesn't seem so bad because at least it's not like the tediousness involved in selecting random samples or predicting the probability of events occurring or not occurring.
Normal distribution is I'm pretty sure having to do with bell curves and what values fall within certain standard deviations.
Hypothesis testing I remember some details about null hypothesis and using the equation to find out whether your stated hypothesis can be rejected.

all i can say to you for now is wishing you some luck, although i know it is pointless for me and you.

Bruh who the fuck study statistics it's easy as fuck.
You serious?
I don't think that will be enough but YMMV.
Homework assignments, extra practice problems, possibly even tutoring with concepts you don't understand? That's where it's at imo.

Confidence intervals doesn't seem so bad because at least it's not like the tediousness involved in selecting random samples or predicting the probability of events occurring or not occurring.
Normal distribution is I'm pretty sure having to do with bell curves and what values fall within certain standard deviations.
Hypothesis testing I remember some details about null hypothesis and using the equation to find out whether your stated hypothesis can be rejected.
Can you post some stuff that might help me? Like formulas or methods to use for those questions. I have a basic grasp of the concepts but putting them together in my head is the real challenge.

mogs me at getting actual education
I haven't found anything challenging here, education in this country is a shitshow
I barely do anything and I get an "university" degree, holy fuck
our Master's degree is probably the equivalent of high school in a sane country

Can you post some stuff that might help me? Like formulas or methods to use for those questions. I have a basic grasp of the concepts but putting them together in my head is the real challenge.
PM

Yeah dude im low iq and i even did well on them.
What part did you study in statistics? It's not a very straightforward subject at all imo you have to make a lot of assumptions and fill in the blanks when not all information is given.

General statistics? idk man the ones you use in economic classes.
Examples though?
Like did you do word problems involving selecting random samples, computing the probability of events happening or not happening, predicting the chance of an event occurring using poisson distributions etc?

What part did you study in statistics? It's not a very straightforward subject at all imo you have to make a lot of assumptions and fill in the blanks when not all information is given.

It's hard if you can't grasp it AND do the question practice. Same with mathematics. Once conquered it should be a breeze

It's hard if you can't grasp it AND do the question practice. Same with mathematics. Once conquered it should be a breeze
Yeah it's not something you can skim over at the last minute or rely on memorization for. Practice with many problems to see the range of possible questions that might be featured on an exam is the best way.

Hope you succeed, man! Godspeed!

Yeah it's not something you can skim over at the last minute or rely on memorization for. Practice with many problems to see the range of possible questions that might be featured on an exam is the best way.
Exactly, you can pretty much pull almost any class last second, but not math

I found the problem came with the text books themselves. I didn't see enough of a worked example of a sample question in the study manuals and how it relates to the question. Add to that the variables thrown in and you don't know what's what.

Not being able to do it or feel like you're not getting anywhere = depression = distraction = procrastinating = work not done.

i feel you brah

Yeah there's no variety of answers possible but a set number of them at most. So you can't leave things open to interpretation when doing math like when doing literature work.
I found the problem came with the text books themselves. I didn't see enough of a worked example of a sample question in the study manuals and how it relates to the question. Add to that the variables thrown in and you don't know what's what.

Not being able to do it or feel like you're not getting anywhere = depression = distraction = procrastinating = work not done.
Agreed the books by themselves aren't very helpful. Going to the lectures definitely helps but it really isn't enough all the time with so much competition for the instructor's time from other students. Worse thing about uni classes imo there's always a line of other people also asking questions. Eats into so much of your time.

That's why I mentioned the tutoring aspect to OP.
Buying extra materials and the solutions handbook is sometimes worth it but let's be real that's not the first thing most of us here want to spend time on so it would be very frustrating and a waste of money. If you can find a good tutor that's the best option.

I've noticed. Also you can do all the memorization you want but if you can't and don't know how to answer the question then youre fucked.
High quality greycel post
Yeah there's no variety of answers possible but a set number of them at most. So you can't leave things open to interpretation when doing math like when doing literature work.

Agreed the books by themselves aren't very helpful. Going to the lectures definitely helps but it really isn't enough all the time with so much competition for the instructor's time from other students. Worse thing about uni classes imo there's always a line of other people also asking questions. Eats into so much of your time.

That's why I mentioned the tutoring aspect to OP.
Buying extra materials and the solutions handbook is sometimes worth it but let's be real that's not the first thing most of us here want to spend time on so it would be very frustrating and a waste of money. If you can find a good tutor that's the best option.

You mean 1 to 1 tuition? Yeah I always found that helped. Again it's just the lack of resources in knowing how to answer a simple question and the step by step procedures you have to take.

Im a stemcel and its pretty hard to be motivated when you are a loser and your life is falling apart. Only thing that allows me to focus is the fear or failing.

Im a stemcel and its pretty hard to be motivated when you are a loser and your life is falling apart. Only thing that allows me to focus is the fear or failing.

Still bloody smart though.

lift weights right before studying

You mean 1 to 1 tuition? Yeah I always found that helped. Again it's just the lack of resources in knowing how to answer a simple question and the step by step procedures you have to take.
Yup if there's one subject that 1 to 1 tuition helps it's statistics imo.

The basic materials like textbooks and worksheets that are assigned just aren't enough to get an idea of the full range of the subject matter. And the full range of the subject matter is often featured in exams including problems and techniques not gone over much in detail during class.

Yup if there's one subject that 1 to 1 tuition helps it's statistics imo.

The basic materials like textbooks and worksheets that are assigned just aren't enough to get an idea of the full range of the subject matter. And the full range of the subject matter is often featured in exams including problems and techniques not gone over much in detail during class.

Yeah I've noticed. The questions in the exams don't match the examples set in the classrooms as well as the techniques etc don't match up.

Ideally if there were 1 to 1 tuition classes or forums which you could upload problems and then share examples and how to answer them that would be a start.

mogs me at getting actual education
I haven't found anything challenging here, education in this country is a shitshow
I barely do anything and I get an "university" degree, holy fuck
our Master's degree is probably the equivalent of high school in a sane country
Same where I live

I actually study tho because I want to pursue muh passion.

I saw the ppt uploaded by the teacher and there were two mistakes. These are people who did a PhD ( in this shithole where I live so you know it's nothing special ) but are making mistakes in introductory courses for Bachelor students.

Yeah I've noticed. The questions in the exams don't match the examples set in the classrooms as well as the techniques etc don't match up.
This is a big problem in many uni courses imo.
Of course the professors have absolute free reign to put whatever they want on the exam so you are at the mercy of what they decide to include on the exam and what not to. Many students say it's a weed out procedure and that could very well be the case.
Ideally if there were 1 to 1 tuition classes or forums which you could upload problems and then share examples and how to answer them that would be a start.
Chegg is something close to the forums example but it costs money to make an account and keep one so as helpful as it is it's really frustrating to have to resort to that.

This is a big problem in many uni courses imo.
Of course the professors have absolute free reign to put whatever they want on the exam so you are at the mercy of what they decide to include on the exam and what not to. Many students say it's a weed out procedure and that could very well be the case.

Chegg is something close to the forums example but it costs money to make an account and keep one so as helpful as it is it's really frustrating to have to resort to that.

Hmm very interesting. Glad to be know I'm not the only one. Also with professional qualifications it would seem follows the same pattern.

I'll look into Chegg.
Tbh. We need more threads like this where we help one another.

Last edited:
I can relate, I have a difficult exam tomorrow however I didn't study hard

Tbh. We need more threads like this where we help one another.
True but imo a reason a lot of people are hesitant to participate in such threads is the free-rider issue involving lurkers also getting benefit from this information.
In a way it's pretty cucked to let others benefit from personalized information or least I'm sure some people here feel that way.
But I think through things like more personalized messaging features on this site is a way around this free-rider problem.

True but imo a reason a lot of people are hesitant to participate in such threads is the free-rider issue involving lurkers also getting benefit from this information.
In a way it's pretty cucked to let others benefit from personalized information or least I'm sure some people here feel that way.
But I think through things like more personalized messaging features on this site is a way around this free-rider problem.

Okay understood and agreed.
That part you mention should be only for users of the site and nobody else. Educational help forums I meant. Cc @SergeantIncel @Master

Last edited:
statistics is cancer my dear fuhrercel
what are you majoring in?

statistics is cancer my dear fuhrercel
what are you majoring in?
We ask don't that question in Ireland or Europe. It's a weirdly phrased sentence that screams that you're American. To answer your question though, It's pharmaceutics. And no, don't mix it up with pharmacy which produces pharmacists who hand over drugs in a store as prescribed by a doctor. Pharmaceutics revolves around drug creation and delivery.

don't mix it up with pharmacy which produces pharmacists who hand over drugs in a store as prescribed by a doctor. Pharmaceutics revolves around drug creation and delivery.
yeah I figured that much
We ask don't that question in Ireland or Europe. It's a weirdly phrased sentence that screams that you're American.
I'm actually not an American