Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel driving is literally impossible for us autists

• Thread starter Deleted member 27495
  • Start date
Deleted member 27495

Deleted member 27495

mrkittycel
-
what the fuck is this shit, my mom signed me up for driving classes and on the first lesson they already expected me to be driving on the main roads. WTF????

despite the concept being simple (stop/go etc), its impossibly difficult for me to learn because of autism, the amount of activity to pay attention to is fucking insane theres just so much going on that i instantly get anxiety attacks.

my 16yo cousins are already driving and im 19 (well in a few months) and i cant even fathom going on busy roads i would crash immediately. my next lesson they are gonna force me to drive home and i guarantee im crashing their car.

Dude, you get the hang of it I promise. just keep trying, who cares

I couldn't handle the gearshift and didn't want to waste time and money on it, so I just got an automatic license.

I have light aspergers btw.

I couldn't handle the gearshift and didn't want to waste time and money on it, so I just got an automatic license.

yea i have aspergers as well although its more severe and i actually enjoy not wearing contacts or glasses because at least the blurryness reduces the amount of visual information i get pounded with every day. but when driving i have to wear my contacts and everything is so vibrant and overwhelming that i start shaking and sweating like crazy

I’m sorry to hear that. Though this just proves how neurotypical I am since I picked up driving quite quickly.

yea i have aspergers as well although its more severe and i actually enjoy not wearing contacts or glasses because at least the blurryness reduces the amount of visual information i get pounded with every day. but when driving i have to wear my contacts and everything is so vibrant and overwhelming that i start shaking and sweating like crazy
@LastGerman thoughts?

what the fuck is this shit, my mom signed me up for driving classes and on the first lesson they already expected me to be driving on the main roads. WTF????

my 16yo cousins are already driving and im 19 (well in a few months) and i cant even fathom going on busy roads i would crash immediately. my next lesson they are gonna force me to drive home and i guarantee im crashing their car.

It is infuriating, right? I know from where you are coming from here. Still, most people here will not understand it though as you can already see it for yourself.
Yet wen can also see a growing number in men who actually have problems with driving itself.

yea i have aspergers as well although its more severe and i actually enjoy not wearing contacts or glasses because at least the blurryness reduces the amount of visual information i get pounded with every day.

@LastGerman thoughts?

This is actually weird because I also have to wear glasses and I also enjoyed the blurriness to some degree because I was not exposed to all kind of information. The blurriness gave me also some sort of excuse to a certain degree.

Im gonna get my drivers license this year.

despite the concept being simple (stop/go etc), its impossibly difficult for me to learn because of autism, the amount of activity to pay attention to is fucking insane theres just so much going on that i instantly get anxiety attacks.

Bro I have aspergers & drive. I did the lessons & test in manual as it's expected but knew the moment I pass I'm going automatic as the seesaw synchronisation required to not stall at a stop & constant requirement of smoothly engaging the clutch every time you change gear combined with everything going on around you is too much for my brain that struggles with multi tasking.

Here's the kicker, I actually enjoy driving auto but in a manual I feel stressed & it feels more like work, no wonder all these ppl in England have roadrage issues. All for what, to save a little bit of money that they then waste every week on vaping & alcohol?

At first you'll feel nervous about the speed, line management & stiff arms on wheel. Relax & don't be all heavy on the pedals.

I fully believe many on the spectrum struggle with manual due to the multi tasking aspect of it.

Last edited:
I have 'spergers, and I have a driver's license, but I've only drove automatic cars. I feel like I wouldn't be able to drive stick, though. Too much shit going on.

i like driving

Parallel parking is probably meant to weed out autists because they are known to have poor hand eye coordination and motor skills ngl

I was shocked too the first time (I have mild autism) but I was able to get myself on the mood of "not caring"

You’re following In the footsteps of @LastGerman

parents signed me up at 16.
I didnt want to.
What ensued were a few months of hell.

I was trenched in Sweat after every session, it became a central Thing in my life. Everything revolved around driving and how much I hated it.
I was so bad that the instructor called my parents and told them that I should quit.

I did the Theory first try.
Driving exam, 3 failures, passed on the 4th under favourable conditions.
After that I didnt drive for 4 years.

only when I got my first Job did I give it another shot.

Idk, i cant park for shit, that is sure.
Paralel parking was one of the Things that I couldnt do.
I didnt have to do it for the final exam (old guy didnt give a fuck)
but during the lessons I think we did it almost 20 times and I never got it down.

Also, the guy made pull over and told me that I was a whiney bitch because I would almost tear up.
And he asked me if I even wanted to drive.

I had lots of issues.
At this Point I am seriously questioning if I am on the spectrum.

Now, I can drive but not smoothly.
I also drive very slow compared to other People.
Sometimes I think I am a fast Driver and then I drive passenger with my colleageus and I realize that i am a joke.
they handle traffic and Speed effortlessly.

idk, if you want more info or some tips or some shit, ask me.