Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Finally cured myself of craving to own games on Steam rather than just pirating.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I've made several posts about this, but I'm finally cured. Some backstory: I've pirated games all my life (third world country). But, for quite a while now I've had this strong desire to actually own the games on Steam. Idk why, can't explain it, but it felt so much more satisfying to actually own it. Of course I'm way too frugal to spend my money on games I can just pirate, so I ended up agonizing over it a lot.

But I'm finally cured. What finally did it was actually playing a game I actually owned for quite a while. All of a sudden, what my mind was craving about owning a game seemed irrelevant and meaningless. I felt the same lack of happiness and fun and excitement when owning a game as when pirating it. Suddenly, all the features of owning it like achievements, which seemed so important to me when I was just pirating it, and other features, they were all meaningless and so fucking pointless.

So yeah, I'll just pirate as I always did from now on. Although I probably will stop playing games altogether, I haven't actually enjoyed a game in many years, but I end up wasting hours every day searching for a game to play, installing one every once in a while and just uninstalling cause I don't find any fun in it. But I still waste time searching every day, as if I'll find the perfect game one day, when in fact I've seen them all by now.

I'm too much of a jew to buy games

Gaben uses your money for onlyfans anyway.

if it's not physical media, legit and pirated makes no difference.
i feel good about having games on my shelf with their cover art and instruction booklets but i feel intuitively like anything digital is not real and worthless, including crypto, which i have a lot of.
what's the point if they can revoke your game at any time or alter it through patches?
remember when amazon deleted all copies of 1984 from kindles?
that won't happen with pirated.

i feel good about having games on my shelf with their cover art and instruction booklets but i feel intuitively like anything digital is not real and worthless, including crypto, which i have a lot of.
what's the point if they can revoke your game at any time or alter it through patches?
Good point mate. Good to hear you have a lot of crypto, good job. Hope it pays off for you.

:feelshehe:

Good point mate. Good to hear you have a lot of crypto, good job. Hope it pays off for you.
the problem is i bought a lot at the previous ATH at the beginning of 2018.

Based.

The only reason I might want to buy the game on steam is if I'm impatient. For example if I'm playing a pirated game and that game I'm really liking it, but the updates and DLC hasn't been pirated yet or something. If the game is cheap before the rest of the stuff I want is pirated, then I might buy it.

I have some games that I got for free or very small price, if you see my steam library all the games can be found under 5$ and most of them under 2$ on sale, i have around 30 games so not much.

It's legal to pirate games so i just pirate them, and tbh when im very tempted to buy a game i pirate it first to try it, which i end up playing it so i don't buy it.

Tbh i don't see the appeal because the fact that you have to run steam to play it mean you don't own it (at least in my opinion) i mean you have to run steam first, you can't give the game, you can't borrow the games, you can sell them i much rather own a physical copy in my shelf that i can touch, give, sell, borrow etc etc.

It's like people who pay to own a digital copy of a game, i honestly don't get it, why not buy the DVD?

Honestly we should just pirate them, in this day and age we don't buy games we just pay to have the right to use them, which is crazy because we are spending more money than we used to do when we physically owned a game/movie/program.
You got it.

they deleted 1984? lmao what soy cucks. A bunch of little good goys listening to their masters.
And tbh even with physical games, they can be altered with patches. Some won't ALLOW you to play the game anymore unless you patch it

they deleted 1984? lmao what soy cucks. A bunch of little good goys listening to their masters.
And tbh even with physical games, they can be altered with patches. Some won't ALLOW you to play the game anymore unless you patch it
they reinstated 1984 after everybody complained. but it's annoying that they can do that.

with physical games at least you can play it on old hardware that hasn't updated its firmware.
i was talking more about old consoles that didn't connect to the internet and write-only media.
but old cds and dvds can degrade as well with dye decay.
and cartridges can lose the ability to use the battery.

For me you only truly own the game when you have a physical media.

they reinstated 1984 after everybody complained. but it's annoying that they can do that.

with physical games at least you can play it on old hardware that hasn't updated its firmware.
i was talking more about old consoles that didn't connect to the internet and write-only media.
but old cds and dvds can degrade as well with dye decay.
and cartridges can lose the ability to use the battery.
Yeah that's why physical media will only last for so long. 200 years from now, most Atari 2600-xbox 360 era games probably won't even work anymore, assuming the consoles could still physically work. All that will be left is the boxes, manuals and discs probably. Kinda sad tbh But digital is what will keep them alive forever.