Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel First time makin Chicken

JohnDoe

JohnDoe

MaskedCel
★★★★
Looks good so far. Making me more hungry then I was to begin with

What do you guys recommend to go with chicken (side dish)

Quinoa and avocado

Penislossus with the chicken

I hope you're using a lid. It will cook faster and you wont get oil splatter everywhere.
I usually eat sweet potato with chicken cos tryna make gains

did you enjoy it?

Usually I have some crushed berries juice and leaves with my human meat. But thats just me

That is a strange way to make chicken, usually it is fried or boiled or baked or flame broiled. Just cook it thoroughly.

That is a strange way to make chicken, usually it is fried or boiled or baked or flame broiled. Just cook it thoroughly.
Not sure if I did. I'll post another thread if I end up with salmonella

You mog me in cooking skills.

Implying I can cook. Almost gave myself salmonella tbh
Yeah I was gonna ask if it's undercooked or not. If I tried to cook most meats, I'd probably give myself food poisoning.

Yeah I was gonna ask if it's undercooked or not. If I tried to cook most meats, I'd probably give myself food poisoning.
I didn't end up getting sick but the juice was still red and it looked and tasted under cooked

I barely remember the first chicken i killed and butchered. It was so long ago...

I do remember it was too tough and stringy.

Best way for "yardbirds" is a pressure cooker or canned. Overnight crockpot or woodstove cooking works ok too.

Then you can fry/ dry the precooked leftovers...

I didn't end up getting sick but the juice was still red and it looked and tasted under cooked
When you fry chicken drumsticks put a lot more oil or it will burn outside while raw inside. Its better and easier to bake it in the oven, also you could add potato in the same time.

When you fry chicken drumsticks put a lot more oil or it will burn outside while raw inside. Its better and easier to bake it in the oven, also you could add potato in the same time.
Thanks for the tip

Looks good but I would use more oil and seasoning. Maybe coat it in Panko as well.

You should try making a dip with some plain whole yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper.

Looks good but I would use more oil and seasoning. Maybe coat it in Panko as well.

You should try making a dip with some plain whole yogurt, lemon, salt and pepper.
For the yogurt dip. How much lemon, salt and pepper?

Looks good so far. Making me more hungry then I was to begin with

View attachment 356932
That's a real large portion size for the chicken to eat in one meal tbh
Imo it's like the quantity eaten at a thanksgiving buffet instead of a regular dinner.

That's a real large portion size for the chicken to eat in one meal tbh
Imo it's like the quantity eaten at a thanksgiving buffet instead of a regular dinner.
I just cooked a whole package end put leftovers in a container. Probably gonna re-cook before eating though

stir fried bellpeppers and a lid

I just cooked a whole package end put leftovers in a container. Probably gonna re-cook before eating though
Re-cooking leftovers after they've already been cooked doesn't seem like a good idea tbh
It might ruin the flavor and texture if you re-cook the meat again.

Probably would have been good to just store the chicken breasts you weren't going to eat in the freezer or refrigerator and only cook the portion of chicken breasts you were going to eat.
I haven't heard good things about re-cooking food.
Even re-heating food isn't something you should do too often imo.

Re-cooking leftovers after they've already been cooked doesn't seem like a good idea tbh
It might ruin the flavor and texture if you re-cook the meat again.

Probably would have been good to just store the chicken breasts you weren't going to eat in the freezer or refrigerator and only cook the portion of chicken breasts you were going to eat.
I haven't heard good things about re-cooking food.
Even re-heating food isn't something you should do too often imo.
Well the inside still looks and tastes kinda raw so I don't see why I shouldn't. I'll probably do it on a low heat until it looks better

you can use a big plate if you don't have a lid, just make sure you don't immediately douse it with cold water or it will break

For the yogurt dip. How much lemon, salt and pepper?
for 1p0 mL yogurt I'd put a quarter lemon, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of pepper

type of yogurt matters though, this tastes much better with something full-fat

You could try creamed spinach, or a cauliflower gratin, or french fries, or roast potatoes, or honey glazed carrots

Remember to stop cooking it when it's a healthy pink colour inside. More tasty that way.

Well the inside still looks and tastes kinda raw so I don't see why I shouldn't. I'll probably do it on a low heat until it looks better
Imo a reason you shouldn't re-cook chicken too much is because while it destroys germs it also destroys nutrients in the meat.
It's a tradeoff of sorts tbh similar to how a well-done steak is safer to eat than a medium-rare steak but a medium-rare steak has more flavor and doesn't taste overcooked.

Imo a reason you shouldn't re-cook chicken too much is because while it destroys germs it also destroys nutrients in the meat.
It's a tradeoff of sorts tbh similar to how a well-done steak is safer to eat than a medium-rare steak but a medium-rare steak has more flavor and doesn't taste overcooked.
I like medium rare stake tbh

I like medium rare stake tbh
Same but if you are ordering it from some restaurant, depending on which place cooks it you can't be sure it will be that safe to eat and you're better off with the steak being prepared more to the well done side.

Same but if you are ordering it from some restaurant, depending on which place cooks it you can't be sure it will be that safe to eat and you're better off with the steak being prepared more to the well done side.
I like to bbq my steak tbh. It's easy to do, I can make it to my liking and I can see what's being done to it so I know nothing sketchy is going on

Mashed potatoes and some other vegetable like broccoli or carrots are probably the best side dish for that. "Like mom used to make".

I like to bbq my steak tbh. It's easy to do, I can make it to my liking and I can see what's being done to it so I know nothing sketchy is going on
If you bbq your steak then there's no harm in cooking it less so that it's prepared medium rare imo.
Cooking for yourself is good but sometimes you just don't have the time and energy to do it so it's just more convenient to order steak from some steakhouse restaurant.

Plus grilling is best done during period when it isn't cold and windy outside which in many areas isn't year round unless you live in near the equator.

It's a tradeoff

This is what the chicken looks like after 2nd cook

View attachment 358075
This is what the chicken looks like after 2nd cook
Cooked chicken doesn't look as good imo as other cooked meats like turkey, beef so I can't really tell except the insides of the chicken still look pretty pink and remind me of the undercooked chicken with white/yellow/pink innards they serve from those cheap catering companies, no offense.

What's the orange stuff to the left of the chicken?
Sauce or dip of some kind is a must to eat large quantities of chicken without getting exhausted from the bland taste ngl

Cooked chicken doesn't look as good imo as other cooked meats like turkey, beef so I can't really tell except the insides of the chicken still look pretty pink and remind me of the undercooked chicken with white/yellow/pink innards they serve from those cheap catering companies, no offense.

What's the orange stuff to the left of the chicken?
Sauce or dip of some kind is a must to eat large quantities of chicken without getting exhausted from the bland taste ngl
Bell peppers

Bell peppers
I see.
I'm not used to see orange bell peppers ngl
It's like they mostly sell green or red bell peppers these days but maybe that's just some stores.

Imo chicken wings you order from a restaurant usually taste better than homemade. Homemade chicken wings have too much of a baked or overcooked flavor imo.

did it kill you?