Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Forum PM Anomaly

78980n

78980n

★★★★★
An unusually amount of PMs were sent between Sunday 2:30 PM and Monday 7:57 PM (EST) - 10,117 PMs were sent in little over a day.

For comparison, over a period of 88 days I got an average of 387 PMs sent daily. In another period of 30 days I got 398 PMs sent daily. So there was HUGE spike between Sunday and Monday. From yesterday 7:47 PM to right now there have been 280 PMs sent, so the rate is back around at the normal. The 24 hours preceding the anomaly had 290 PMs.

If you're wondering how I know the PM trends all I did was just look at the number you see when you quote a post, PMs are numbered just like posts. So around 370,00 PMs have been sent since the start of the forum. The forum started 1,001 days ago so the overall average is about 368 PMs sent daily.

Very high rate between August 2 and 3. Who's been PMmaxxing?

This is very unsettling.

(on a serious note there is a rate limit on how many PMs you can send in a limited period of time, one person would not be able to send that many messages in the allotted time period even if they PM maxxed for 24 hours straight. so evidently this is the result of one or multiple group chats)

(on a serious note there is a rate limit on how many PMs you can send in a limited period of time, one person would not be able to send that many messages in the allotted time period even if they PM maxxed for 24 hours straight. so evidently this is the result of one or multiple group chats)

I figured that of course, maybe a new group chat was created and it started getting spammed and then this was combined with usually high posting rates for other group chats. Still over 10,000 posts in a day is so high I can't imagine, it is so strange. 10,000 posts would equal a 200 page thread. Multiple group chats must of been bombarded or something.

Anyways, the reason I'm interested is because I wish I could see everyone's PMs like an all-knowing god, so monitoring the numbers is tantalizing to me but the closest thing to it

Serge with the surveys

Serge with the surveys

Lol, didn't think of that. That's definitely why.

I knew there was now way 10,00 PMs could of been sent between users in that time frame.

Where u get the stats from though

This:
If you're wondering how I know the PM trends all I did was just look at the number you see when you quote a post, PMs are numbered just like posts. So around 370,00 PMs have been sent since the start of the forum. The forum started 1,001 days ago so the overall average is about 368 PMs sent daily.

Didnt read lol