Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Free will?

My position is that...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gengar

Gengar

Commander
★★
After moderate success with my morality thread that gave us interesting results, I've decided to make the same thread about free will, just out of curiosity.

It is encouraged to describe your position in more detail in the comments.

1 seems impossible even given a basic understanding of causality, I would like it to be 3, but the reality is most probably 2.

I'll go with 2.

Isn’t determinism the idea that everything happens for a reason?

Researchers also analyzed EEG recordings for each trial with respect to the timing of the action. It was noted that brain activity involved in the initiation of the action, primarily centered in the secondary motor cortex, occurred, on average, approximately five hundred milliseconds before the trial ended with the pushing of the button. That is to say, researchers recorded mounting brain activity related to the resultant action as many as three hundred milliseconds before subjects reported the first awareness of conscious will to act. In other words, apparently conscious decisions to act were preceded by an unconscious buildup of electrical activity within the brain - the change in EEG signals reflecting this buildup came to be called Bereitschaftspotential or readiness potential. As of 2008, the upcoming outcome of a decision could be found in study of the brain activity in the prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 7 seconds before the subject was aware of their decision.

If free will doesn't exist, then Elliot Rodger did nothing wrong. It was chemical reactions in his brain that put the gun in his hand.
Also every rapist was determined to rape.

I believe in free will, though

If free will doesn't exist, then Elliot Rodger did nothing wrong. It was chemical reactions in his brain that put the gun in his hand.
Also every rapist was determined to rape.

I believe in free will, though
Something can be bad but still be unavoidable. Although I ultimately I agree, nothing is really anybody's fault. Existence is just a sick joke.

That said, it's psychologically healthier to believe in fee will, even if it isn't real. But ironically, it isn't your choice whether you believe in it or not. The exact same irony applies to the belief in a just world.

I don't believe in free will. The idea of free will makes no sense to me, given that I exist and I'm made of matter. I obey the laws of the universe, as everything in the universe does. Whatever will I have is not free; it's dependent on some universal law I have no control over.

I don't believe in free will. The idea of free will makes no sense to me, given that I exist and I'm made of matter. I obey the laws of the universe, as everything in the universe does. Whatever will I have is not free; it's dependent on some universal law I have no control over.
This is high iq. We have "free will" in the sense that there are lots of possibilities and choices we can make I suppose. You could even break your own leg on purpose. Pretty cool if you think about that. But you're right in saying what you did as well.

What really used to get to me wasn't the rejection of free will, but when I asked myself who I was. I began to wonder, objectively, where is the evidence that I am the same person that I was yesterday, where is the ever present notion of "I" who is observing events around me? All the comforting answers were arbitrary, largely dependent on being present in the same body and having memories.

The only conclusion that made sense is that there is no real "I" at all, there never was. I am the culmination of all of my past experiences, I am not the observer, I am the experiences themselves. Meaning that there is no way that I could've existed before the present moment, and that the feeling and idea of continuity is in and of itself, an illusion.

This triggers the religiouscucks.

• free will does not exist and universe is deterministic (determinist).

We're clouds of atoms somehow having a dream together.

High iq.

Of course, as long as we accept the virtue of free speech, everyone, even the biggest hypocrite, liar and manipulator has the right to spread even the most idiotic propaganda. But only, if the other side is fully given the same right.

Freedom is possible only in Corporatist, Organic society, based on Natural Order. Where everyone is Free and know its place, relations between the people are based on the principle of reciprocity, like "eye for eye, tooth for tooth". Everything else is a slavery.

Of course, as long as we accept the virtue of free speech, everyone, even the biggest hypocrite, liar and manipulator has the right to spread even the most idiotic propaganda. But only, if the other side is fully given the same right.

Freedom is possible only in Corporatist, Organic society, based on Natural Order. Where everyone is Free and know its place, relations between the people are based on the principle of reciprocity, like "eye for eye, tooth for tooth". Everything else is a slavery.
Nice, but that's not what this thread is about. :feelsseriously:

Nice, but that's not what this thread is about. :feelsseriously:
TBC, Globalism is nothing more than a Global Slavery. Beeing a Nationalist, especially National Corporatist, makes me a Truly Free Man. Since, none and nothing will make me, to do anything, against my Free Will.

So, yes I believe in free will, but also in fully rational, purely logic, Newton created such a theory in Physics, that Action sparks Reaction. 

I think people like believing there's no free will so they can continue being lazy to some degree or continue with some bad habit addiction because its all determined and i'm supposed to be this way.

It also absolves feeling shame or guilt because its all supposed to be this way...its mental mind game to not feel responsible for anything.

Satanic Hollywood really likes pushing forward movies with everything is all determined recently to.

TBC, Globalism is nothing more than a Global Slavery. Beeing a Nationalist, especially National Corporatist, makes me a Truly Free Man. Since, none and nothing will make me, to do anything, against my Free Will.

So, yes I believe in free will, but also in fully rational, purely logic, Newton created such a theory in Physics, that Action sparks Reaction. 

So you're a compatibilist? Nevermind.

I think people like believing there's no free will so they can continue being lazy to some degree or continue with some bad habit addiction because its all determined and i'm supposed to be this way.

It also absolves feeling shame or guilt because its all supposed to be this way...its mental mind game to not feel responsible for anything.
Oh absolutely, that's the funny part. Having a lack of belief in free will actually damages you psychologically. It's clear to me that humans are supposed to feel as if they are in control of their lives and environment, regardless of that feeling's validity.

There's no free will and the universe is probabilistic.

Definitely free will. I've made useless decisions that had no reason and I'm also not a Religiouscuck.