Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Gene Editing

Mountainbikecel

Mountainbikecel

Genetiker und Evolutionspsychologe.
★★★★
Imagine for a moment you would ascend through betabuxxing, and you and your wife want to make a baby. The doctor tells you that thanks to advancing science, gene editing is now possible. e.g. you can edit your future sons frame, height, dicksize, face-shape, neurotypicallity. even fucking ethnicity. you could make sure that he will have an easier life than you had. would you do it?

if your answer was yes, i have another question for you. would you also, instead of impregnating your wife yourself, choose a sperm donour with the wanted characteristics for her?

the latter sounds more cucked, but in the end the result is similar. the son won't be YOURS, because either way it's not your genes anymore.

ps: some of you fantasised maybe, that if you die one day, and you leave behind some children (from your cum, and you didnt gene edit it), and they make children themselves one day, and so on, a part of you lives on forever.
Just For Laughs.
Because of radioactivity and other environmental influences, your genes will continously be altered, until at some point none of your original genes exist anymore.

Isn't it sarcastic? ALL we do in life, we essentially do because of the biological imperative to pass on our genes, and if you don't do, your genes will not be present in the next generation anymore.
but in the end, even if you betabuxx really hard and DO pass on your genes, they will remain for a while after your death, but NOT FOREVER.

Trust me, its not all its cracked up to be

20200525 023017

Great thread, this is why I'm personally against gene editing.

I would never have kids.