Gif Profile Pictures are Partially Broken

Reality

Reality

Banned. Don't worry about it.
-
1d 3h 30m
I have been trying to change my profile picture for an animated gif, but they continue to appear damaged (i.e., some black shapes surround the animation). This is restricted to only profile pictures though. If I use a gif on a post or reply, it does not appear broken:
Take, for instance, @Iwanttolive profile picture (i.e., animated pokemon) (Sorry for mentioning you btw). It is broken. On the other hand, if I post a gif below, it appears correctly:

001asdf.gif

Why is that happening?

Thanks.

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Honorary Greycel
★★★★★
139d 23h 53m
Yeah I noticed this too ngl. Don’t know why that is.

Yerberito

Yerberito

Enlightened
★★★★★
57d 15h 36m
Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Honorary Greycel
★★★★★
139d 23h 53m
same tbh, good i dont have this problem, but it will be cool to be fixed
Yeah it would be nice if it was fixed. Especially for gif avi users.

NEETard

NEETard

Overlord
★★★★★
61d 16h 4m
I dont see shit

coppernicus

coppernicus

Professional thread bumper
-
19d 9m
Yeah, happened to me when trying to set this as my profile gif
blinking lain.gif

Here looks normal, but as profile pic the rate on which the image blinks is much lower, and kinda kills the effect.

Grothendieck

Grothendieck

★★★★
31d 21h 36m
Rest in peace tbh :feelsbadman:
The so-called ‘psychotically depressed’ person who tries to kill hImself doesn’t do so out of quote ‘hopelessness’ or any abstract conviction that life’s assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire’s flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It’s not desiring the fall; it’s terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling ‘Don’t!’ and ‘Hang on!’, can understand the jump. Not really. You’d have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling.​

coppernicus

coppernicus

Professional thread bumper
-
19d 9m
Brutal.
I love when people say "just don't be depressed bro"
fuck this gay planet tbh.

"Just love yourself bro"
How can it be possible for one to love the self when literally everything points out to the fact that our bodies are just not good enough to make the cut. Constantly throwing super chads as super heroes in movies and incel looking guys as the villain, and then telling us that we just have to love ourselves.

TheSecondComing

TheSecondComing

no looks no life
★★★★★
131d 21h 7m