Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious [GIGA IQ] Oswald Spengler predicted all of this

Teutonic Knight

Teutonic Knight

Mythic
This is a very good quote from Oswald Spengler's book The Decline of the West (1918). He described how whenever men start seeing women as companions rather than mothers of their children, a period of sterility emerges and depopulation and decline of civilizations happens. He saw that as a great turning point and noticed that turning point in the West.

Keep in mind that he was writting that 100 years ago when there was still some sort of patriarchy and the West was dominant. Yet he understood that complex processes of decline were already on their way. Now with the declining birth rates in the West, with women no longer being urged to have children and be mothers, with men worshipping women for simply existing and as their companions, he was proved right.

It's interesting how all these great minds and philosophers of the past are basically supporting our arguments while the bluepilled cucks from the modern West think they're somehow smarter than everyone in the past and think their cucked society is sustainable while it clearly isn't because it's sterile and lacks virility.

When the ordinary thought of a highly cultivated people begins to regard "having children" as a question of pro's and con's, the great turning-point has come. For Nature knows nothing of pro and con. Everywhere, wherever life is actual, reigns an inward organic logic, an "it," a drive, that is utterly independent of waking-being, with its causal linkages, and indeed not even observed by it. The abundant proliferation of primitive peoples is a natural phenomenon, which is not even thought about, still less judged as to its utility or the reverse. When reasons have to be put forward at all in a question of life, life itself has become questionable. At that point begins prudent limitation of the number of births. In the Classical world the practice was deplored by Polybius as the ruin of Greece, and yet even at his date it had long been established in great cities; in subsequent Roman times it became appallingly general. At first explained by the economic misery of the times, very soon it ceased to explain itself at all. And at that point, too, in Buddhist India as in Babylon, in Rome as in our own cities, a man's choice of the woman who is to be, not mother of his children as amongst peasants and primitives, but his own "companion for life," becomes a problem of mentalities. The Ibsen marriage appears, the "higher spiritual affinity" in which both parties are "free"--free, that is, as intelligences, free from the plantlike urge of the blood to continue itself, and it becomes possible for a Shaw to say "that unless Woman repudiates her womanliness, her duty to her husband, to her children, to society, to the law, and to everyone but herself, she cannot emancipate herself." The primary woman, the peasant woman, is mother. The whole vocation towards which she has yearned from childhood is included in that one word. But now emerges the Ibsen woman, the comrade, the heroine of a whole megalopolitan literature from Northern drama to Parisian novel. Instead of children, she has soul-conflicts; marriage is a craft-art for the achievement of "mutual understanding". It is all the same whether the case against children is the American lady's who would not miss a season for anything, or the Parisienne's who fears that her lover would leave her, or an Ibsen heroine's who "belongs to herself"--they all belong to themselves and they are all unfruitful. The same fact, in conjunction with the same arguments, is to be found in the Alexandrian, in the Roman, and, as a matter of course, in every other civilized society--and conspicuously in that in which Buddha grew up. And in Hellenism and in the nineteenth century, as in the times of Lao-Tzu and the Charvaka doctrine, there is an ethic for childless intelligences, and a literature about the inner conflicts of Nora and Nana. The "quiverful," which was still an honourable enough spectacle in the days of Werther, becomes something rather provincial. The father of many children is for the great city a subject for caricature; Ibsen did not fail to note it, and presented it in his Love's Comedy.

At this level all Civilizations enter upon a stage, which lasts for centuries, of appalling depopulation. The whole pyramid of cultural man vanishes. It crumbles from the summit, first the world-cities, then the provincial forms, and finally the land itself, whose best blood has incontinently poured into the towns, merely to bolster them up awhile. At the last, only the primitive blood remains, alive, but robbed of its strongest and most promising elements. This residue is the Fellah type.

If anything has demonstrated the fact that Causality has nothing to do with history, it is the familiar "decline" of the Classical, which accomplished itself long before the irruption of Germanic migrants. The Imperium enjoyed the completest peace; it was rich and highly developed; it was well organized; and it possessed in its emperors from Nerva to Marcus Aurelius a series of rulers such as the Caesarism of no other Civilization can show. And yet the population dwindled, quickly and wholesale. The desperate marriage-and-children laws of Augustus—amongst them the Lex de maritandis ordinibus, which dismayed Roman society more than the destruction of Varus's legions—the wholesale adoptions, the incessant plantation of soldiers of barbarian origin to fill the depleted country-side, the immense food-charities of Nerva and Trajan for the children of poor parents—nothing availed to check the process.

brutal long threadpill

The notion that something as essential to both the individual and society as sex and relationships should not be regulated but completely left to the free sexual market is beyond ridiculous.

This is high IQ

In order for a civilization to survive, men must see foids as nothing more than baby incubators.
Companionship and friendship should come from your brothers, not foids.
Foids must never be seen as equals.

it should be really obvious

once people change their mentality, the change back will be slow, especially if the new thinking and new mode of behavior is more facile (just be fat, sterile and degenerate, because it's easier)

But femoids are shitty companions

way too tired to read that

remind me 12 hours :soy:

I don't think a reduction in population is the problem. It's the reduction of culture and equal distribution of sexual relationships. Humans want to continue to grow but this will inevitably lead to depopulation. Most here don't even want children. Our civilizations are corrupted by diversity, homosexual empowerment, and female privilege. Having a non-degenerate society that reproduces would be nice but that's not necessarily a good thing.

We need a balance to the system.

Most here don't even want children.

But that's because of the social environment where you can't have a normal marriage and you also can't raise your children but the state does it through school system and media.

Also, children are expensive these days because they're expected to be pampered and provided - again, a modern social thing.

I'm pretty sure that most people here would want children with a young virgin wife who would care for them and who would need minimal investment (just like in the old days). Like living in the countryside, having 8 children who help with the work like in the old days.

The reason why I personally don't want children is because I'm unable to find a suitable wife, because of the cucked laws and society and because even if I had this, the children would still likely become Western degenerates after they go through school indoctrination.

I think in a different society, I would like to have children.

Posting so i can read later

Have about 50 black pill books on my bookcase, but not this one. Will try to get a second hand copy off amazon. thanks OP.

Spengler's work The Decline of the West is a must read.

I read it several times and I always find something new and interesting.

I've been wanting to read that for a while. This Youtube channel that I follow also used some great quotes from his book:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=g_vH2uZ7KOk

By the way, you may want to read Fate of Empires by John Glubb if you haven't already. I don't know if Spengler also does this but he showed many historical examples of how feminism and multiculturalism have always appeared in crumbling empires, from the ancient Persian Empire up to the British Empire.
But that's because of the social environment where you can't have a normal marriage and you also can't raise your children but the state does it through school system and media.

Also, children are expensive these days because they're expected to be pampered and provided - again, a modern social thing.

I'm pretty sure that most people here would want children with a young virgin wife who would care for them and who would need minimal investment (just like in the old days). Like living in the countryside, having 8 children who help with the work like in the old days.

The reason why I personally don't want children is because I'm unable to find a suitable wife, because of the cucked laws and society and because even if I had this, the children would still likely become Western degenerates after they go through school indoctrination.

I think in a different society, I would like to have children.
Very much agreed, I would never have children in the modern west. But if I had a virgin wife who would help me out and I was allowed to disciple my children and guard them from Marxist influences to prevent them from becoming little shits, I wouldn't mind having them.
I always find it ridiculous when people say they don't want children because they are "annoying". The reason why children are so annoying nowadays is simply because their parents allow them to do whatever they want.

Its common sense tbh

Now he would post his writings here on incel co ! :feelskek: