Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Guitarcels, describe your current rig and/or dream rig.

Sparrow's Song

Sparrow's Song

Violent Convicted Chomo
★★★★★
I have a modern Fender Jaguar (MIM), the one with the DiMarzio copy humbucker in the bridge. It was buzzy as fuck when I got it because the Jaguar bridges are a nightmare to set up. The screws in the bridge had to be cut with a bolt cutter in order to set it the intonation perfect and have zero buzz. Now it sounds perfect and kind of vintage and there is no buzz anywhere on the neck. I'm poor and live at home so I have to play with headphones and an ampsim on my PC. My simulated rig is an Orange TH30 and a 2x12 cab with a Tube Screamer, Big Muff, spring reverb, stereo delay, and occasional rotary pedal that simulates a Leslie for my dirty sound. My clean sound on the sim is a Roland JC120 with a spring reverb, stereo delay, stereo chorus and rotary pedal. I don't always use all the effects at once, mainly just the overdrive/fuzz and reverb/delay. The Big Muff sound is essential for the feel I go for. When I'm noodling, I usually wander into D Major territory and play a lot of stuff that sounds like the chorus riffs of The Smashing Pumpkins and The Cult.

My dream rig would be just like my ampsim rig, but with the addition of a Ravish pedal, Southland Overdrive, Polaris reverb, any compressor, and a decent looper. I pretty much have the perfect guitar for the kind of music I play, although if I was rich I would probably have a nice SG on the side.

Guitarcels, what kind of rig do you have/want?

@modern_grendel

@Mainländer

inb4 someone says they play a BC Rich through a Peavey Bandit or a 58 Goldtop through a Dumble...

I have a shitty guitar that I bought for 100 euros (amp included), still it's the best thing I have in my life

Right now, I have a few cheap guitars and a bass I got at a pawn shop. I also a solid state bass and guitar amp and a multi effects pedal I use for modulation and compression on both guitar and bass. I have some cheap Chinese clones of overdrives and distortions that I also use. I've also got a pawn shop acoustic guitar that is pretty decent as well. I have a midi keyboard and fully weighted 88 key electric piano I can connect to my computer to use software instruments, but I need to practice more. Right now, I have cheap versions of everything I need in a rock studio minus a drumkit which I will get soon.

Eventually, I'd like to have a studio so I'm not wedded to one model, so I have a wishlist to build the ultimate rock home studio:

Guitars -
strat, tele, Les Paul, either a Les paul junior or fender Jazzmaster and a hollowbody gretsch type guitar.

I want either a Japanese yamaha or ibanez acoustic as well.

Basses -
Precision bass, jazz bass, and 5 string of some kind

Guitar amps -
Marshall DSL 40
Fender tone master
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Bass amps -
Ampeg SVT and some kind of darkglass amp

Drums -
Just one Japanese drumkit. Tama or pearl or something

Keyboards -
I already have a nice midi keyboard and a fully weighted piano that I can connect to my computer and use software instruments.

I am studycel-ing hard so I can eventually afford this stuff and as long as I don't fuck up in school, I should be able to afford this if I live in a small house in a somewhat rural area and buy over time.

If I had to pick one rig:

Guitar
Les Paul with Jimmy page wiring
Fender deluxe reverbe (loud and clean)
Pedal chain
Tuner > boss EQ > tube screamer > fulltone OCD > Provo rat > Wampler multi modulation pedal > line 6 dl4 multi delay pedal > amp

Bass
fender PJ with ampeg SVT and some kind of multifx

Last edited:
I used to own a Stratocaster. One made in Japan.

I eventually sold it when I finally admitted to myself that I have no musical talent whatsoever.

I used to own a Stratocaster. One made in Japan.

I eventually sold it when I finally admitted to myself that I have no musical talent whatsoever.
apparently the japanese strats are some of the best ones

I've heard. It was wasted in my hands.
well, it takes a shitload of time to learn. i've been playing for a long ass time minus a few months here and there when I lose interest and I still feel like I have a long way to go. i just need to spend more time practicing.
well, it takes a shitload of time to learn. i've been playing for a long ass time minus a few months here and there when I lose interest and I still feel like I have a long way to go. i just need to spend more time practicing.
fingerpicky
something I came up with for yesterday's guitar thread on r9k
I have a modern Fender Jaguar (MIM), the one with the DiMarzio copy humbucker in the bridge. It was buzzy as fuck when I got it because the Jaguar bridges are a nightmare to set up. The screws in the bridge had to be cut with a bolt cutter in order to set it the intonation perfect and have zero buzz. Now it sounds perfect and kind of vintage and there is no buzz anywhere on the neck. I'm poor and live at home so I have to play with headphones and an ampsim on my PC. My simulated rig is an Orange TH30 and a 2x12 cab with a Tube Screamer, Big Muff, spring reverb, stereo delay, and occasional rotary pedal that simulates a Leslie for my dirty sound. My clean sound on the sim is a Roland JC120 with a spring reverb, stereo delay, stereo chorus and rotary pedal. I don't always use all the effects at once, mainly just the overdrive/fuzz and reverb/delay. The Big Muff sound is essential for the feel I go for. When I'm noodling, I usually wander into D Major territory and play a lot of stuff that sounds like the chorus riffs of The Smashing Pumpkins and The Cult.
do you play in bands or are you a solo rocker? I don't listen to any pumpkins or cult, but I'll check it out. I remember billy corgan made waves a couple years back for saying that the color of a guitar affects the sound.

Last edited:
good post... I used to have a really pretty white Ibanez, looked very similar to a Jem, but it was like 10 times cheaper. But I had to sell it because I needed the money... :cryfeels: I was barely playing it anyways... but I must admit It was tough to sell it to someone else, because It was actually a gift from my late grandpa, so it had high sentimental value... :cryfeels: oh well... It is what it.
I never had an amp, I used some audio interface hooked up to my PC and simulated amps/effects with Guitar Rig and Amplitube... but I sold that as well.
Now I only have an old acoustic guitar left, but I'm never selling it.

My dream guitar would be something like a jem
Jem77p

or a Petrucci Picasso guitar
PetrucciPicasso

or a Jason Becker JB200, I really like this one, this shade of blue looks really good ngl
JasonBecker

but I also have a thing for Les Pauls, so I'd want a Gibson too, maybe one like Zakk's... I could never reproduce those brutal pinch harmonics with my Ibanez

Zakk

but I'm poor af, and each one of these guitars is at least 2 thousand euros JFL... so I'd probably never have one of these

Last edited:
I have a Yamaha and that's it. Tbh, I don't really care about rigs or anything like that, as long as it plays alright im good on anything else

I'm not a guitarist, but threads like this are cool. I've long been fascinated by the guitar tones of some of the heavier bands I like - that huge, high gain tone that helps to create the 'wall of sound' effect.

good post... I used to have a really pretty white Ibanez, looked very similar to a Jem, but it was like 10 times cheaper. But I had to sell it because I needed the money... :cryfeels: I was barely playing it anyways... but I must admit It was tough to sell it to someone else, because It was actually a gift from my late grandpa, so it had high sentimental value... :cryfeels: oh well... It is what it.
I never had an amp, I used some audio interface hooked up to my PC and simulated amps/effects with Guitar Rig and Amplitube... but I sold that as well.
Now I only have an old acoustic guitar left, but I'm never selling it.

My dream guitar would be something like a jem
View attachment 264020
or a Petrucci Picasso guitar
View attachment 264022
or a Jason Becker JB200, I really like this one, this shade of blue looks really good ngl
View attachment 264026

but I also have a thing for Les Pauls, so I'd want a Gibson too, maybe one like Zakk's... I could never reproduce those brutal pinch harmonics with my Ibanez

View attachment 264029

but I'm poor af, and each one of these guitars is at least 2 thousand euros JFL... so I'd probably never have one of these
I'm not much of a high gain pinch harmonic type player, but it helps to have high gain and I think it also helps to have an amp for feedback, at least when learning to make the sound. Although, some acoustic players are able to do pinch harmonics.
I'm not a guitarist, but threads like this are cool. I've long been fascinated by the guitar tones of some of the heavier bands I like - that huge, high gain tone that helps to create the 'wall of sound' effect.
Not the biggest fan of 'high gain' genres but I do like the tight high gain sound and riffs. The surprising thing is that from an arrangement perspective the individual instruments don't sound super huge, but it is the combination of the guitar riff(s) bass line and drums that give you the wall of sound. One noob move I used to make is thinking that I could accomplish it with just one huge guitar sound, but the hugeness of the sound is like 70% composing and 30% tone in my opinion.
good stuff, man... sounds like something Frusciante would come up with
Thanks, I like that kind of 6th sound that Hendrix and frusciante use a lot although I am nowhere near the player. The beginning part chord progression is just Amaj, Emaj/G#, F#Min with the inverted echord giving a 'walk down' effect due to the bass note of the chords going down the a maj scale. The second part is just some major 'bluesy' stuff using the 6th a lot which I think gives it a psuedo Hendrix/frusciante feel

I have a Madrid MD-100 EC acoustic guitar. Most of the songs from my channel were recorded with an Auburn Aubvo622MS though. This one is now back with my cousin.

I have a Madrid MD-100 EC acoustic guitar. Most of the songs from my channel were recorded with an Auburn Aubvo622MS though. This one is now back with my cousin.
Any particular reason you went with classical guitar? Is that the type of music you liked when you started?

Any particular reason you went with classical guitar? Is that the type of music you liked when you started?
Acoustic guitars are cheaper and more practical because you don't need amps or anything. I got used to playing them way more than playing electric ones, although of course I can as well. I just wanted a cheap one with that that horn like thing so you can go beyond the 12th fret comfortably. I don't regret getting the Madrid one.

If the question is why I chose guitar, I was heavily into rock/grunge at 15 when I got my first one.