Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Gymcels, how to incorporate boxing into lifting?

• Thread starter VirginAutistManlet
  • Start date
VirginAutistManlet

VirginAutistManlet

Mythic
★★★★★
As of the last year or so I stopped doing typical gymcel routines, and I now only train Upper Body and do Cardio for legs (hill sprints etc)

I train daily, I do Upperbody (A) and then Cardio (B) and go ABABABAB year round.

But I'd like to put in boxing some how, but anytime I do it, I notice it impacts my lifting greatly, is there anyway I can implement boxing and not have it effect my lifting?

Maybe go UpperBody(A) Boxing(B) Cardio(C) and go ABCABCABCABC year round?

If your boxing isn't cardio enough for you, you're doing it wrong.

Also good luck staying on your feet in a real fight with chicken legs.

What do you think is a good squat to have decent legs

Im a manlet, squats and deads just made me look like I had elephantiasis, now I just do stuff like walking or intense hill sprints, and my legs are far more aesthetics and appealing, and my cock looks bigger.

What do you think is a good squat to have decent legs
Front squats and deadlifts on leg day will give you strong well-proportioned legs.

Im a manlet, squats and deads just made me look like I had elephantiasis, now I just do stuff like walking or intense hill sprints, and my legs are far more aesthetics and appealing, and my cock looks bigger.
Sounds to me like you just lost fat.

Front squats and deadlifts on leg day will give you strong well-proportioned legs.

Sounds to me like you just lost fat.

Im not coping. I have naturally wide legs, even when I was a non-lifter and at like 15% bodyfat. Ive never had the "chicken leg" issue, I don't think many manlets have that issue tbh.

I know "Ecto" "Meso" and "Endo" thing is a meme, but I would say Ive got a Meso frame. My brother isn't a manlet, but he has a really narrow ecto frame, my shoulder frame/bone are wider than his despite me being 7 inches shorter than him.

Im not coping. I have naturally wide legs, even when I was a non-lifter and at like 15% bodyfat. Ive never had the "chicken leg" issue, I don't think many manlets have that issue tbh.

I know "Ecto" "Meso" and "Endo" thing is a meme, but I would say Ive got a Meso frame. My brother isn't a manlet, but he has a really narrow ecto frame, my shoulder frame/bone are wider than his despite me being 7 inches shorter than him.
I can't imagine anything making your cock bigger except fat loss. There's a small chance the running improved blood flow to your member, but fat loss is far more likely.

Though I don't doubt that your legs look more proportional after not squatting or deadlifting. Big legs just make short guys look even shorter.

I can't imagine anything making your cock bigger except fat loss. There's a small chance the running improved blood flow to your member, but fat loss is far more likely.

Though I don't doubt that your legs look more proportional after not squatting or deadlifting. Big legs just make short guys look even shorter.

Well, there's also the fact that my Lower body developed a lot more than my Upper body did, which made my Upper body look not so great compared to the Lower body. Now I'm sounding like Jason Genova, but you get my point. With smaller legs, my Upper body looks better now, having huge legs made me arms/shoulders/chest look small, but now that my legs have come down in size, my Upper body just looks like I lift a lot more than before.

If you look at most natural lifters, they tend to have really developed legs that mog their upper bodies, I have suspicion natural lifters are able to develop the lower body better than the upper body mostly due to the fact of how effective Squats & Deadlifts are, the workloads on them are far greater than what you can do on Bench/OHP/Weighted-Chinups/Rows, so it makes sense really.

Well, there's also the fact that my Lower body developed a lot more than my Upper body did, which made my Upper body look not so great compared to the Lower body. Now I'm sounding like Jason Genova, but you get my point. With smaller legs, my Upper body looks better now, having huge legs made me arms/shoulders/chest look small, but now that my legs have come down in size, my Upper body just looks like I lift a lot more than before.

If you look at most natural lifters, they tend to have really developed legs that mog their upper bodies, I have suspicion natural lifters are able to develop the lower body better than the upper body mostly due to the fact of how effective Squats & Deadlifts are, the workloads on them are far greater than what you can do on Bench/OHP/Weighted-Chinups/Rows, so it makes sense really.
I don't see a ton of natural lifters with disproportionately large legs. Maybe you were just running a very lower body dominant program like Starting Strength. I run a push-pull-legs routine and my legs are proportional to the rest of my body.

I don't see a ton of natural lifters with disproportionately large legs. Maybe you were just running a very lower body dominant program like Starting Strength. I run a push-pull-legs routine and my legs are proportional to the rest of my body.

I've mostly done Full body or Upper/Lower. So yeah, its probably why. My joints eventually start hurting with PPL so I could never do that long-term.

I like to tone my muscles up and then lift heavy

I've mostly done Full body or Upper/Lower. So yeah, its probably why. My joints eventually start hurting with PPL so I could never do that long-term.
Upper/lower splits with one day's effort split evenly between pushing and pulling muscles in the upper body, and another day's effort fully dedicated to the legs, are recipes for overdeveloped legs. Ditto for full body routines where the legs get a disproportionate amount of volume compared to the upper body.

If PPL is hurting your joints, I'd be willing to bet you're doing too much on your push and pull days. Throwing everything but the kitchen sink at your body six times a week is asking for trouble. One horizontal and one vertical compound plus a couple assistance exercises is all you really need for push and pull days.

Upper/lower splits with one day's effort split evenly between pushing and pulling muscles in the upper body, and another day's effort fully dedicated to the legs, are recipes for overdeveloped legs. Ditto for full body routines where the legs get a disproportionate amount of volume compared to the upper body.

If PPL is hurting your joints, I'd be willing to bet you're doing too much on your push and pull days. Throwing everything but the kitchen sink at your body six times a week is asking for trouble. One horizontal and one vertical compound plus a couple assistance exercises is all you really need for push and pull days.

My upper body day atm is just

1.bench 3-5 sets 6-12 reps

2.chin-ups 3-5 sets 6-12 reps

3.side laterals 5-10 sets 10-20 reps (i find high volume side laterals more effective than OHP for side deltoids, and that rear/front deltoids get done enough on bench/chins/facepulls/chestflys)

4.face pulls 3 sets 10-20 reps

5.chest flys 3 sets 10-20 reps

6.curls 3 sets 10-20 reps

My upper body day atm is just

1.bench 3-5 sets 6-12 reps

2.chin-ups 3-5 sets 6-12 reps

3.side laterals 5-10 sets 10-20 reps (i find high volume side laterals more effective than OHP for side deltoids, and that rear/front deltoids get done enough on bench/chins/facepulls/chestflys)

4.face pulls 3 sets 10-20 reps

5.chest flys 3 sets 10-20 reps

6.curls 3 sets 10-20 reps
Try adding dips and rows for 3-5 sets of 6-12 reps. You should be able to drop the flys if you're doing both dips and bench presses; rows will work your middle back more than chin-ups. Barbell row, dumbbell row, t-bar row, cable row, any row will work.

Try adding dips and rows for 3-5 sets of 6-12 reps. You should be able to drop the flys if you're doing both dips and bench presses; rows will work your middle back more than chin-ups. Barbell row, dumbbell row, t-bar row, cable row, any row will work.

I lift at home, no dips here, and I dont like barbell rows. Not heavy enough dumbbells for rows at home. I feel like chinups and facepulls are fine without rows.

Calisthenics training do very well with martial arts, especially explosive excercises like clapping push ups and burpees. Circuit training could help you too with the endurance.

I lift at home, no dips here, and I dont like barbell rows. Not heavy enough dumbbells for rows at home. I feel like chinups and facepulls are fine without rows.
You could do dips between a pair of chairs or tables. If you want to put weight on them, you can put a dumbbell between your legs like you can with chinups. You can also do bench dips on a chair while resting a dumbbell on your legs.

Adding a heavy horizontal pull of some kind will benefit you immensely. Chinups are mostly hitting your lats and biceps, with modest activation in the rhomboids and traps that are worked far more by rows. Maybe try to do front lever pullups? You'll have to master the front lever first, but once you do, you'll have a horizontal pull that'll give you more resistance than table rows, which you can do in the meantime.

You could do dips between a pair of chairs or tables. If you want to put weight on them, you can put a dumbbell between your legs like you can with chinups. You can also do bench dips on a chair while resting a dumbbell on your legs.

Adding a heavy horizontal pull of some kind will benefit you immensely. Chinups are mostly hitting your lats and biceps, with modest activation in the rhomboids and traps that are worked far more by rows. Maybe try to do front lever pullups? You'll have to master the front lever first, but once you do, you'll have a horizontal pull that'll give you more resistance than table rows, which you can do in the meantime.

tbh thinking of buying ironmaster adustable dumbbells, the base set is 5 to 75lbs (each db), theres an extension kit for it upto 120 or 165lbs. normie dumbbells are a lot more expensive and require far more room, whatcha think?

i could actually start doing db rows with these.

Attachments

• adjustable-dumbbells-with-stand-800x800.jpg
    adjustable-dumbbells-with-stand-800x800.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 44
tbh thinking of buying ironmaster adustable dumbbells, the base set is 5 to 75lbs (each db), theres an extension kit for it upto 120 or 165lbs. normie dumbbells are a lot more expensive and require far more room, whatcha think?

i could actually start doing db rows with these.
$649 :feelsmega:

You can get a set of olympic plates and a pair of 2-inch dumbbell handles for less. More total weight without nearly as much a chance of breaking as adjustable dumbbells.

$649 :feelsmega:

You can get a set of olympic plates and a pair of 2-inch dumbbell handles for less. More total weight without nearly as much a chance of breaking as adjustable dumbbells.

Theyre aids to add/remove weight with though, and take up a lot of room, and they're not so great in terms of the fact they end up being fucking huge, and not really possible to OHP or bench with them effectively, ironmaster adjustables are really thin plates, so its not an issue.

Theyre aids to add/remove weight with though, and take up a lot of room, and they're not so great in terms of the fact they end up being fucking huge, and not really possible to OHP or bench with them effectively, ironmaster adjustables are really thin plates, so its not an issue.
I guess it's fine, though I don't know what you'll do once you start rowing 75 lbs in each hand.

Extension set?

I guess it's fine, though I don't know what you'll do once you start rowing 75 lbs in each hand.

Extension set?

Could just stick in the higher rep range, or buy one of these

Money isn't an issue, im on autismbux and live with parents, my bux just piles up.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    65.7 KB · Views: 45
Could just stick in the higher rep range, or buy one of these

Money isn't an issue, im on autismbux and live with parents, my bux just piles up.
If money's really not an issue, it's not a bad idea. Though I'd be concerned with mechanical issues. Hopefully, there's a good warranty on these.

If money's really not an issue, it's not a bad idea. Though I'd be concerned with mechanical issues. Hopefully, there's a good warranty on these.

Gymcel does tests on it

As of the last year or so I stopped doing typical gymcel routines, and I now only train Upper Body and do Cardio for legs (hill sprints etc)

I train daily, I do Upperbody (A) and then Cardio (B) and go ABABABAB year round.

But I'd like to put in boxing some how, but anytime I do it, I notice it impacts my lifting greatly, is there anyway I can implement boxing and not have it effect my lifting?

Maybe go UpperBody(A) Boxing(B) Cardio(C) and go ABCABCABCABC year round?
Pick either one and stick with it. Either be good at boxing or be good at chasing arbitrary pr numbers and false body expectations . Although you can be better at boxing and still lift. Be consistent with your cardio though.