Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Has the halo and horn effect traded places for anyone else?

ThePlagueDoctor

ThePlagueDoctor

:(
★★★★
Here’s what they are for people who don’t know. The halo effect is a documented cognitive bias that makes people subconsciously attach more positive traits to a better looking person such as them being kinder

The horn effect is the opposite of that, people will subconsciously attribute more negative traits to an ugly person, such as them being more rude or less intelligent.

Ive noticed that I’ve been getting mad every time I see an attractive person, so it feels like the halo effect has worn off on me, and I automatically assume a cel tier dude is cool.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this shift.

I.ve noticed that I’ve been getting mad every time I see an attractive person, so it feels like the halo effect has worn off on me, and I automatically assume a cel tier dude is cool.
Yes, that's totally me, and it has a name: tall poppy syndrome

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome

Zero-sum prestige
Some sociologists, notably Max Weber, believe that in certain social groups, the acquisition of prestige and power is a zero-sum game, and this situation may provide a rationalisation for the dislike of "tall poppies".[20] In such groups, there is only a limited amount of prestige for its members to share in and only a fixed quantity of attention, authority and material resources that its members can give to each other. Status is a relative value, so for someone to rise in status, another person must fall. A person who is more prestigious is an obstacle to another person's rise simply by being more prestigious, and a person who suddenly rises is an outright threat to the other's current status. Humiliating or sabotaging a popular member of the group will lower that person's status and thus make it possible for the aggressor to supplant him in the group hierarchy.

i still think ugly incels would still hate on other ugly incels just due to who is the bigger "mogger"
we can cope together since we'd both be incels, but any slight advantage someone has over another will still not be ignored
i can't say i've gotten over the halo vs horn effect tbh, being around a chad means u get mogged everywhere u go, being around incels labels you as a loser. i don't know

i still think ugly incels would still hate on other ugly incels just due to who is the bigger "mogger"
we can cope together since we'd both be incels, but any slight advantage someone has over another will still not be ignored
Tbh cels who do this make me furious, it’s over for all of us, any slight advantage like 2 inches in height isn’t gonna change anything.

i can't say i've gotten over the halo vs horn effect tbh, being around a chad means u get mogged everywhere u go, being around incels labels you as a loser. i don't know
Why would you be around a Chad? It’s fucking suifuel seeing people look at him with lust and look at you with disgust.

Tbh cels who do this make me furious, it’s over for all of us, any slight advantage like 2 inches in height isn’t gonna change anything.

Why would you be around a Chad? It’s fucking suifuel seeing people look at him with lust and look at you with disgust.
tbh it's like the people who say "don't compare yourself to other people," cope. even here some tallcels get hate, some whitecels get hate from ethnics, etc telling ourselves who has it better

and i don't find a reason to hang out with chad, i guess bluepillers would since they think being around a high SMV person would help them gain something like hooking him up or getting him laid

Zero-sum prestige
Some sociologists, notably Max Weber, believe that in certain social groups, the acquisition of prestige and power is a zero-sum game, and this situation may provide a rationalisation for the dislike of "tall poppies".[20] In such groups, there is only a limited amount of prestige for its members to share in and only a fixed quantity of attention, authority and material resources that its members can give to each other. Status is a relative value, so for someone to rise in status, another person must fall. A person who is more prestigious is an obstacle to another person's rise simply by being more prestigious, and a person who suddenly rises is an outright threat to the other's current status. Humiliating or sabotaging a popular member of the group will lower that person's status and thus make it possible for the aggressor to supplant him in the group hierarchy.
Tl;dr
Some niggas be hustlin, other niggas be hatin cuz they jelaous, so them niggas tryna fuck the hustle niggas over.

Imagine inventing a "syndrome" and using expressions like "zero-sum game" TO DESCRIBE A BASIC FUCKING HUMAN EMOTION. Sociology is an absolute joke.

"Do you drink enough water?"
"Indeed, I consume sufficient quantities of dihydrogen monoxide." :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

Ive noticed that I’ve been getting mad every time I see an attractive person, so it feels like the halo effect has worn off on me, and I automatically assume a cel tier dude is cool.
Same ngl, I see most incels as smart and educated men of culture
and i don't find a reason to hang out with chad, i guess bluepillers would since they think being around a high SMV person would help them gain something like hooking him up or getting him laid
Normalfags have some of the shittiest coping strategies

Cuck normie term
We call it the failo effect.

Tl;dr
Some niggas be hustlin, other niggas be hatin cuz they jelaous, so them niggas tryna fuck the hustle niggas over.

Imagine inventing a "syndrome" and using expressions like "zero-sum game" TO DESCRIBE A BASIC FUCKING HUMAN EMOTION. Sociology is an absolute joke.
Bluepill Trait : Being triggered over random vocabulary

I prefer "failo" instead of horn tbh sounds better.
True af. Male competence can't be avoided we all want to be the best at something.

I prefer "failo" instead of horn tbh sounds better.
Don’t care, as long as people understand what it means

failo vs horn is practically like arguing whether it should be spelled trucel or truecel. The answer is who cares?

There is certainly a dichotomy between "conscious living" vs "subconscious living". Who is in the driver seat? The conscious mind or the subconscious? It's a team effort of effectively two distinct alter egos engaged in continuous negotiations. Who is conceding to the other more often in these negotiations? The subconscious has the advantage in always being there. It speaks up without your conscious consent. It also doesn't think in terms of language, but in emotion, visuals and symbols. The conscious has to learn to recognize it's language to even become aware of it's influence. It then has to learn to communicate in it to exert it's own influence over the subconscious.

i'm currently at a stage where the separation between to two is wider than it has been in the past and I would say wider than the average normie walking around. I'm still going through the process of learning how to get the conscious mind to influence the subconscious.

What you say is very logical. We see the transparent world, as far as looks are concerned, we know the mechanics of this, so therefore we will have more sympathy with those who are less favored and repudiated by those blessed.

Tl;dr

"Do you drink enough water?"
"Indeed, I consume sufficient quantities of dihydrogen monoxide." :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
You're right. Artists captured human behavior and emotions in poetry, paintings etc. long before the academics started to write about them.

You're right. Artists captured human behavior and emotions in poetry, paintings etc. long before the academics started to write about them.
The purpose of an academic is to make things ironclad, hell, the incel wiki is proof of that. One of the biggest legs that the blackpill has to stand on are the literal hundreds of scientific papers done on human psychology and evolutionary psychology.

new crow avi?

We've had larpers with 10k+ posts get b& for being normalfags.
Newfag numale reddit tourist.
Posts don’t mean anything, even Cuyen has less hours than me.

Posts don’t mean anything, even Cuyen has less hours than me.
Hours mean nothing. I only ever have one tab open. You can leave .co open in a secondary tab all day to rack up hours. Lurk a bit more before posting, newshit.

no I hate everyone

The purpose of an academic is to make things ironclad, hell, the incel wiki is proof of that. One of the biggest legs that the blackpill has to stand on are the literal hundreds of scientific papers done on human psychology and evolutionary psychology.
A good point.

To be honest with you I just realized I always looked at very good looking people with suspicion. I wonder where that came from.