Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Have you been able to genuinely smile in the past decade?

I

ionlycopenow

Self-banned
-
i realized I haven't been able to genuinely smile in at least a decade now. When I try it feels so forced and fake and just painful. Obviously that is a reflection of how you feel so that just confirms I have felt like shit for at least a decade. When I saw my peers smiling I could never understand, are they like me and taking it or is it genuine? It depressed me immensely because I could not understand it. I have been unable to feel joy enough to smile genuinely for a photo or whatever in years. last time I must have genuinely smiled must have been in elementary school. It has been completely over since everyone hit puberty in 6th grade.

It's so depressing. I can't even understand why all my peers are still smiling in all their social media posts or whenever the rare blue moon I see them. I can't understand it or how that feels.

a few months ago I went to go and see about correcting my crooked teeth. They asked me to smile for the photo and there was an awkward delay of me trying to force it. The photos after made me feel even worse. You can see on my face how forced and uncomfortable I am when smiling.

Yeah barely a few moments that i laughed from retarded memes and another copes that i used to enjoy, but not much.

Only if i see something that is funny or something like that.
I haven't had a proper smile of happiness in years

Only forced smiles.

feel like shit almost daily

Ive had very few moments of feeling genuine happiness and smiling. The last one i can remember was a month ago when i started gymcelling and saw how I didnt look like a complete stick anymore

When i pissed some guy off in gta and he cried about it was pretty funny

I smile and laugh reading some comedy threads here.

When I'm high on weed
full

No larp, smiling is awkward for me. Even in pictures I just can’t seem to get myself to smile correctly. Last time I genuinely felt happy, was probably in the first grade, and I’m almost done with college now. It’s been nothing but suffering almost my entire life.

same smiling is very awkward. I only smile naturally if I was laughing due to something. for photos, I find it very hard to smile

I smile and laugh reading some comedy threads here.
Same hear!

Also watching critters play make me happy. But other people? Nah. They make me cringe.

never been happy ever

I don't smile much really.