Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Helicopter parents

Vermilioncore

Vermilioncore

permavirgin failure
★★★★★
I'm 23 and my mom and dad still treat me like I'm 10 years old. They don't want me to leave the house at night, go places by myself, or go to concerts alone. They get scared and want me in their sight at all times. This has contributed to my social anxiety and inability to function properly in any setting. I am so inexperienced in life and have the mind of a child still. Overprotective parents do more harm than good. Another reason I don't know how to drive is because for many years my dad constantly put it off because he wanted me to stay "young" as long as possible. Now, I'm 23 with no social skills, no driver license, no anything. I feel like roping, but I wanna hold on a big longer. Still good copes...

Sucks bro. Trucels will understand.

Growing up I thought my parents were strict because they didn't want me riding my bike on a particular, kinda major road near where we lived, while my friends all could.
Now I look at parents today (burger parents, at least) and their kids are somewhere between prince(sse)s and prisoners. I have a nephew, his parents barely even let him outside (I bought him an unambiguosly "outdoor" toy for his birthday last year, they found an awkward way to use it inside). They're constantly hovering over him. They worry about every little thing*. If he stumbles and bangs his knee like any normal kid pre-2000 did a million times, they get super concerned and monitor him even more closely. I don't pretend to be a parenting expert, but you don't need to be Dr. Spock to see that this kid is already struggling, has the social, physical, and emotional development of a kid half his age.

* Actually, they don't worry about 2 things they should/should have: his mom was late-30s when she had him, and they're feeding him a "plant-based" diet. Both certainly also causes of his retardation.

Is he an only child? That might explain a lot.
Of course they're placing all their (withered, powdered) eggs in one basket, they're millenial parents!
Well, I guess his mom is Gen X, actually.

I’m so glad i dodged this bullet for once. I would just explode if I had nosy busybodies for parents, if there is one thing I enjoy it is my privacy and freedom

I’m so glad i dodged this bullet for once. I would just explode if I had nosy busybodies for parents, if there is one thing I enjoy it is my privacy and freedom

My father used to whistle everytime I was out of his sight in our neighbourhood. Looking back I feel like he thought I was his dog.

Whenever I go out my mom gets concerned and she always mentions to my grandmother that she is happy I don't leave my house often(Ldar mode).I think it's her instincts to protect her child,and since I'm genetically inferior(manlet,autism) she knows that I'm very vulnerable in the outside world.

you can use helicopter parents to your own good (i know this because i live in the same environment).
right now you don't value it because you are young and have plenty of disposable income

I can relate. It is one of the reasons for being incel. However I have just absent, indifferent father and overprotective, overcompensating mother.

Just smother sees me as child. Father overprotective too, and wanted me to "grow up", but in very narrowminded way, becoming normal conformist. He opposes all those alternative subculktural things. Tfu on both them

Same here at least with my mother. My dad didn't care much about me. She's constantly asking were I'm going, with who I'm going, what did I eat and every time I go outside at night she can't sleep because she's worried and thinks I'm taking drugs or whatever. Portuguese call these mothers "mãe galinha" wich means chicken mother

My father used to whistle everytime I was out of his sight in our neighbourhood. Looking back I feel like he thought I was his dog.
jfl...though being a dog means you'll get pussy :feelsthink:
since I'm genetically inferior(manlet,autism) she knows that I'm very vulnerable in the outside world.
It's over for autistic manlets :feelscry:

I'm constanly expressing how I'm "thanfull" for them, and telling them to go to Vietnam for finding me cute young waifu, because I cannot travel. Thank you very much, again, thank you blet for my ruined life

(I bought him an unambiguosly "outdoor" toy for his birthday last year, they found an awkward way to use it inside).
good on you tbh, that's fucked up what they're doing to him
* Actually, they don't worry about 2 things they should/should have: his mom was late-30s when she had him, and they're feeding him a "plant-based" diet. Both certainly also causes of his retardation.
never began holy fuck

Better having that kind of parents then having a parents that beat u treat u like shit and kick you out the house :feelstrash:
That's bad too, but on the plus side you will learn to be independent, strong, and accustomed to people treating you like shit

My parents are strict too so this is relatable. My parents do let me go shopping at our local store but when I’m out for too long, I get phone calls.

Better having that kind of parents then having a parents that beat u treat u like shit and kick you out the house :feelstrash:
A neglectful householdn is a lot more conducive towards developing Chads than shitty hover parenting is

What kills me is that my parents dropped virtually all of their rules and standards once my brother turned 10

That's bad too, but on the plus side you will learn to be independent, strong, and accustomed to people treating you like shit
And u will develop anger issues, depression, and other mental illnesses. Maybe even you will end up homeless and die. :feelstrash::cryfeels:
And u will develop anger issues, depression, and other mental illnesses. Maybe even you will end up homeless and die. :feelstrash::cryfeels:

well...if death takes us....it is what it is. We never belonged here anyway :cryfeels:

well...if death takes us....it is what it is. We never belonged here anyway :cryfeels:
Dont be sad. Here take this heart shaped candy :heart: i hope it will make ur day better.
I know we never belonged here but thats the life.

Unexpected driver license pill

My mother was not as bad when it comes to going outside but she was always doing everything by her instead of me, she has very short temper so if i don't do something perfectly first time she will push me and do it by herself. What a great parent now she wonders why i can't do anything and have social anxiety. Single mothers were a mistake at least dad would want you to learn by failing not to do everything by himself acting like you could learn by failing once and then blaming you for not doing it correctly within 0.01ms. My grandpa was even worse than my mom but she is dead now. :what:

normal people that i know SPECIFICALLY made sure that they went to college in another town for the "dorm room experience" and freedom.

defectives like us who only left home at 24 years old or older, will probably be fucked up forever

normal people that i know SPECIFICALLY made sure that they went to college in another town for the "dorm room experience" and freedom.

defectives like us who only left home at 24 years old or older, will probably be fucked up forever
It's important to have that independence. Get it now, whenever now is.

legit man, can relate

It's important to have that independence. Get it now, whenever now is.

i got out at 24 but it was too late by then. there was nowhere to get out to by then.

time to go hit meetup.com and explore this beautiful city! :soy: :feelskek: