Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How am i supposed to learn social skills at my age?

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
Im 27 and about average looking, maybe a bit below that. My bigger problem is that im a complete mentalcel.

I never had any friends because i just couldn't connect or relate to other people and their mainstream normie shit. Even if i get a conversation going it doesn't last longer than 2 minutes and the people make it obvious that they don't like me and end it pretty fast. Also i don't know what to say or talk about most of the time which makes it really hard for me.

People told me dude you need to go out and be more social. Ok i did that but without any success. Everything they suggested i did, i went alone to events, bars, clubs, discos etc. and really tried it. The result was always failure and pure suicidefuel. There is no worse place in the world for a friendless mentalcel like me. How am i supposed to learn social skills then if everyone rejects me?

I also noticed this terrible blackpill truth. At my age the people have settled. They all have their social circles and friends, so they don't want to make new friends, hell they even don't want to meet new people most of the time. Many also have a partner at that age or are already married and have kids.

there are no social skills dude, u just have to have a lot of life action to talk about

going places, work events, traveling, discussing people, discussing politics, discussing ur colleagues, discussing current trends w/e

point is not that u dont know how to be sociable, point is that u r boring and have no friends

at that age is impossible to make normal real friends. friendships are created through 3-5 years. u cant just go to party and make friend, even if u get acquinted, people will not give a shit about u afterwards unless u r slayer

What are your interests? Do you have any hobbies? Have you ever traveled?

For example if you're really into some type of music, then you probably know a lot about it, such as different bands and their history, and other aspects of that subculture. If you're into sports cars then you might know a lot about different cars and how they work, which one is the fastest etc.

Having a hobby where you must interact with other people could also be helpful, like for example martial arts or a sport, or even playing card games like poker or Magic The Gathering, or whatever you might enjoy doing. There you can make friends and talk about the hobby with them.

Traveling to other states in the US or countries around the world, exploring those places, cultures and so on will give you a lot to talk about.

So basically find some things you might be interested in or passionate about and learn a lot about those things. Find some hobbies you might want to do, preferably at least one where you must interact with other humans regularly. Consider traveling, pick up a travel guide book and go visit the normie tourist spots, and also explore for yourself.

Finally, you might want to try some therapy if you can afford it. I'm not a huge believer in therapy, but you'll have someone to talk with and practice socializing who won't reject you immediately for being an awkward mentalcel. It could be helpful.

BlackPillDealer said:
What are your interests? Do you have any hobbies? Have you ever traveled?

For example if you're really into some type of music, then you probably know a lot about it, such as different bands and their history, and other aspects of that subculture. If you're into sports cars then you might know a lot about different cars and how they work, which one is the fastest etc.

Having a hobby where you must interact with other people could also be helpful, like for example martial arts or a sport, or even playing card games like poker or Magic The Gathering, or whatever you might enjoy doing. There you can make friends and talk about the hobby with them.

Traveling to other states in the US or countries around the world, exploring those places, cultures and so on will give you a lot to talk about.

So basically find some things you might be interested in or passionate about and learn a lot about those things. Find some hobbies you might want to do, preferably at least one where you must interact with other humans regularly. Consider traveling, pick up a travel guide book and go visit the normie tourist spots, and also explore for yourself.

Finally, you might want to try some therapy if you can afford it. I'm not a huge believer in therapy, but you'll have someone to talk with and practice socializing who won't reject you immediately for being an awkward mentalcel. It could be helpful.

My problem is that nothing interests me anymore these days. I watch some tv shows, play some vidya and occasionally read a book. Everytime i go outside i don't know what to do with myself and usually walk aimlessly arround. If it's hot i go swimming but otherwise there is not much to do outside for a friendless mentalcel like me. Travelling sounds interesting and expensive but i can't imagine how that should help me other than im a depressed mentalcel in another country lol.

You are screwed, I am sorry dude, you will not live a fulfilled life at this point.

Socializing isn't a skill this is a myth of modern society

NeverSubmit said:
Socializing isn't a skill this is a myth of modern society

I just hate all this normies telling me you need to be more social or outgoing

NutNotBusted said:
You are screwed, I am sorry dude, you will not live a fulfilled life at this point.

Thanks, i know i probably wont make it, i prepare for a life of ldar until i maybe suicide if i grow old and my health declines

It becomes harder as you age. I need to get rid of my inhibitions and stop being such self hating pussy before it's too late

dr-problematic said:
there are no social skills dude, u just have to have a lot of life action to talk about

going places, work events, traveling, discussing people, discussing politics, discussing ur colleagues, discussing current trends w/e

point is not that u dont know how to be sociable, point is that u r boring and have no friends

at that age is impossible to make normal real friends. friendships are created through 3-5 years. u cant just go to party and make friend, even if u get acquinted, people will not give a shit about u afterwards unless u r slayer

:clap: Nothing to add to this golden post.

You're kind of fucked at your age.

Social skills mainly the result of the first stages of your live. it's the main factor on socializing. You'll never be a normie if you didn't learn the basic skills since early age.