Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How can I learn how to draw? (Drawcels GTFIH)

zangano1

zangano1

incel
★★★★★
How do I leaen from the start. I'm gonna watching youtube videos or something

Watch Stan Prokopinko's videos

Wish I could draw tbh. My hands get to shakey when I try to draw but steady for everything else. I also dislike my work when I find slight discrepancies and no longer want to continue

lemme give u some guidance

1) first draw this shape
IMG 20200116 195920

2) then this semi circle
IMG 20200116 195931

3) then some eyebrows
IMG 20200116 195945

4) then this L-shape
IMG 20200116 200003

5) then this curvey line
IMG 20200116 200020

6) and now some hands
IMG 20200116 200035

You'd probably learn observational drawing, then some perspective and construction, then gesture and anatomy for drawing people, and then painting/rendering/how light works in order to make complete pieces. Either systematically, or by choosing what you want to draw/paint and researching how to accomplish each aspect, or a mix of both.
Personally I gave up pretty early since you need to dedicate many hours every day to it for at least a year or 2 to be any good at all.

You'd probably learn observational drawing, then some perspective and construction, then gesture and anatomy for drawing people, and then painting/rendering/how light works in order to make complete pieces. Either systematically, or by choosing what you want to draw/paint and researching how to accomplish each aspect, or a mix of both.
Personally I gave up pretty early since you need to dedicate many hours every day to it for at least a year or 2 to be any good at all.
I don't want to dedicate many hours ngl. I want to draw pokemons

At LEAST one drawing every single day. Constant study and practice, use references, dont ever think you're too good to improve on an area you already know, be humble, set a weekly schedule for your practice hours. Actually draw and get a sketch book and pencil. Get a drawing tablet. Follow people on YouTube, Jazza is a great place to start.

You grab a pencil, and draw whatever you want to.

Over for drawcels :cryfeels:

At LEAST one drawing every single day. Constant study and practice, use references, dont ever think you're too good to improve on an area you already know, be humble, set a weekly schedule for your practice hours. Actually draw and get a sketch book and pencil. Get a drawing tablet. Follow people on YouTube, Jazza is a great place to start.
very good summary tbh. pretty much what I was going to say as well.

I'd also suggest just straight up drawing pokemon you like so you can better learn the style as well.

I would say don't bother, you will never be as good as people who have been drawing most of their life. 10,000 hour rule is king. Same as learning an instrument, unless you happen to be naturally talented its a bit pointless after the age of 13/14.

No idea tbh i have no talent whatsoever

I really wanna learn to draw too. It's a magnificent cope tbh but I'm too lazy to start watching long complicated tutorials of how to draw a circle or a flower tbh.

Draw landscapes, its the basic

Drawing is so complicated, it's like a shitty cliff where some people manage to climb on top of the cliff and become skilled. While most people like myself are stuck on the ground looking at the cliff.

First and most important thing is find something you want to draw
Then I'd recommend drawing portrets for a while,after that try to sketch anatomy
Also, find a style you enjoy and eventually it'll change to your own
I settled on using some real anatomy
IMG 20200117 034059

Last edited: