Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How did oldcels cope without internet?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Imagine being an Incel between 1960s and early 1990s. There's no internet, how do you cope? Watching TV and reading all day? Playing videogames?

It was better to be honest. The internet is hell. You just played nintendo and watched TV and went out for a bike ride or rollerblade every now and then. You talked to your friends on the phone occassionally or hung out with them at their house or yours.

The internet shows you everything. Things you really ought not know. And it replaces humanity.

Internet is hell. People actually went outside before the net

Now you have tinder and becky is one swipe away from banging chad.

They played outdoors and interacted with other kids.

This is sadly uncommon with today’s generation.

Ham radio, writing in to Star Trek newsletters, D&D, trainspotting, model train kits, etc. But when you talk about the pre-mainstream Internet age, you might as well be talking about inceldom in Ancient Greece.

I'd assume it was better.

they could find their looksmatched 2/10 gf unless they were 0.2/10

Makes me wonder if there are any modern day blackpilled incels who don't fuck around on the internet at all. Based homelesscels I guess.

Looksmatches existed back then. Tinder and social media screwed up everything

Literally everything else. In middle school I used go out into nature and hangout with my friends and tbh just fucking around doing the dumbest shit with people who I enjoyed spending time was much more fun then lurking online. Inb4 brag this was in middle school and I'm genuinely answering a question.

I dont know we need to ask fellow oldcels here

I was just thinking about it the other day.... I just think most of them didn't know what they were missing... And promiscuity was a little less rampant so they didn't feel missing out. Ignorance is a bliss.

The problem if you were high inhib, you were fucked. In my case, I never had any problem to make friends.
With internet, you have too much of everything.

@CopeWithTheRope

The internet shows you everything. Things you really ought not know. And it replaces humanity.
This, if I wasn't aware of all the chads fucking prime pussy I wouldn't feel as bad, but since insta whores are in our screens it's worse

easier than you think. plenty of things to do off a computer you just have become addicted to it.

The internet shows you everything. Things you really ought not know.

So true man. We’d all be better off in bluepill bliss if we couldn’t see human nature in social media, tinder experiments, etc.. chad’s world would be known only to him, and foid nature would be limited to how they treat you personally.

We were marginally better off because people didn't have easy, free access to potential mates worldwide.

Fapping to playboy magazines.

I’d be a different person if it weren’t for the internet. When growing up with something that provides knowledge at your fingertips, it’s hard not to be cynical and bored of life at such an early age. You’re suppose to learn through experience as you grow older and become wise and hear the occasional cool fact thrown your way, not acquire 10 years worth of knowledge in a day through Wikipedia. Life loses its luster this way.