Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do I become motivated

I

ionlycopenow

Self-banned
-
For years upon years I have had almost no motivation, people call me lazy all the time but I never enjoyed being lazy or liked it or thought I was. I just could never find any motivation to start anything. If I did start anything I could never see what is the point in continuing it. It takes insane willpower to do basic things like brushing my teeth or showering. Alot of days I would just rot in bed all day long. I have never been able to get out of this slump. It's like shit genes are a package, both physically and inside.

Unironically watch/read Shōnen

Lift your mood. An easy way to do that is to cut contact with all pessimistic and negative people.

For years upon years I have had almost no motivation, people call me lazy all the time but I never enjoyed being lazy or liked it or thought I was. I just could never find any motivation to start anything. If I did start anything I could never see what is the point in continuing it. It takes insane willpower to do basic things like brushing my teeth or showering. Alot of days I would just rot in bed all day long. I have never been able to get out of this slump. It's like shit genes are a package, both physically and inside.
That's clearly depression/dysthymia, not a mere lack of motivation. Still, if you think motivation is a problem, I can tell you that motivation invariably fluctuates/fails. I rely on discipline instead of motivation.

I don’t know man, I can’t even remember the last time I was motivated in the slightest. I feel so drained and fatigued.

I am negative as fuck tbh
Well most overly negative people have a similar problem as you. It's a common symptom of depression. If you can whitepill yourself, I think this problem will go away. I was the same way when I was depressed. I never saw a reason to do anything, so I just slept 12+ hours a day and then layed in bed for hours after waking up, but since I've become whitepilled I haven't had difficulty finding the motivation to do things.

Motivation is related with the dopamine chemical in the brain. Try no fapping for weeks and the dopamine will kick in hard.

Motivation is related with the dopamine chemical in the brain. Try no fapping for weeks and the dopamine will kick in hard.
This isn't true my man. If it was I would have fixed this year's ago

As long as I see what I'm missing out on I can't be motivated tbh

You don't need motivation to work you just have to do it until your brain creates a dopamine response to it and then you get motivated

You don't need motivation to work you just have to do it until your brain creates a dopamine response to it and then you get motivated
muh dopamine muh chemicals. What a tired response man, that isn't even really how the brain works

i need answers :cryfeels: :cryfeels: :cryfeels: :cryfeels:

Money and vidya are my only motivation they have been my whole life and will never die out

In my opinion, generally the more you've already achieved, the more you are motivated. It's easier for someone already in college to keep studying than it is for a dropout to start. It's easier for someone already good enough at programming to benefit from that skill to not get discouraged and quit than it is for someone just starting out.

Most people stay on the rails of having a social life, picking up some interests when they're young, the educational system, having a career, etc., if you get de-railed from many of these things enough to spend your days in a half-vegetative state it's just intrinsically harder to find the motivation to try and make something out of nothing.

You either manage to tough it out and progressively become more motivated through small achievements before getting to the point of building up enough to be intrinsically motivated by your success, doing a lot of work for no immediate benefit in the process, or fall back down to just getting by somehow and rotting.

it's because you see no future in anything you do.no man who wants to drink milk,travels to the amazons to get it.Even if you find a task that you would like to do,you find it impossible.that's just regular old depression.life is brutal

No motivation for your face

muh dopamine muh chemicals.
No need for that low of an IQ. Have you tried using stimulants? I would hazard a guess you haven't, there's your problem.

No motivation for your face though, be ready.

This is how inceldom affects you, i was always lazy, even when i was bluepilled.

Its really hard to do it if you dont have a gf, personally I kind of love doing school related assignments and stuff cause for me theyre like puzzles so it can be fun to kill time actually being productive

Also feels good once youre done

Its just getting started thats the hardest part

There really isn’t a way to be motivated if you don’t have a loving gf. I just cope hard on vidya and fapping

Always have goals and deadlines. If you don't, set them yourself. Without this your life will not move forward and you will be drifting aimlessly for years.

There's no such thing as laziness, there's only a lack of incentive, reward or consequences. If deadlines themselves aren't enough incentive then make sure there are enough consequences if those deadlines are not met.

Last edited:
In my opinion, generally the more you've already achieved, the more you are motivated. It's easier for someone already in college to keep studying than it is for a dropout to start. It's easier for someone already good enough at programming to benefit from that skill to not get discouraged and quit than it is for someone just starting out.

Most people stay on the rails of having a social life, picking up some interests when they're young, the educational system, having a career, etc., if you get de-railed from many of these things enough to spend your days in a half-vegetative state it's just intrinsically harder to find the motivation to try and make something out of nothing.

You either manage to tough it out and progressively become more motivated through small achievements before getting to the point of building up enough to be intrinsically motivated by your success, doing a lot of work for no immediate benefit in the process, or fall back down to just getting by somehow and rotting.
:blackpill: :blackpill: :blackpill: :blackpill:

Must come naturally

Depression is a vicous cycle which doesn't help. You feel demotivated because you aren't happy with your life which demotivates you further. Wish I could say I knew the answer to conquering that.