Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do you guys feel about dragon ball super?

Crustaciouse

Crustaciouse

Banned
-
Do you think it's a good continuation of the series?
Or should they have taken it in another direction?

I've never seen Dragon Ball.

I can't watch dragon ball super, I stopped when trunks returned it was just very uninteresting.

That's a long 48 minutes

I still watch it because it became a habit

It has a few good moments but the anime overall isn't that great .Their enemies aren't that terryifying anymore because they introduced a powerful kid who can nuke the whole universe in an instant

Facade said:
I still watch it because it became a habit

It has a few good moments but the anime overall isn't that great .Their enemies aren't that terryifying anymore because they introduced a powerful kid who can nuke the whole universe in an instant

My biggest problem is that there is no danger in the show.
One of the earliest instances is when golden freeza is first defeated, he then blows up the whole planet.
The show just had whis reverse time, it made it seem like nothing mattered because they can just recover.

Crustaciouse said:
My biggest problem is that there is no danger in the show.
One of the earliest instances is when golden freeza is first defeated, he then blows up the whole planet.
The show just had whis reverse time, it made it seem like nothing mattered because they can just recover.

Yeah this is my problem as well.Zeno can just erase everything He is way too powerful for this show

I havent watch DB as a child so I don't have the nostalgia glasses on and DBZ for me was absolute boring dogshit. First series where Goku was a kid was funny and interesting but DBZ = :poop:

Akarin said:
I havent watch DB as a child so I don't have the nostalgia glasses on and DBZ for me was absolute boring dogshit. First series where Goku was a kid was funny and interesting but DBZ = :poop:

You might enjoy GT then. Goku gets turned back into a kid. Most fans hate it because it's not official Toriyama, but he designed the characters and it's got some great arcs.

DBGTcharacters02.png

A Good Friend said:
You might enjoy GT then. Goku gets turned back into a kid. Most fans hate it because it's not official Toriyama, but he designed the characters and it's got some great arcs.

DBGTcharacters02.png

I actually started with GT, I've seen few episodes on TV and then watched DB. I've dropped DBZ soon after Goku fought Vegeta for the first time, it had zero appeal to me.

Akarin said:
A Good Friend said:
I actually started with GT, I've seen few episodes on TV and then watched DB. I've dropped DBZ soon after Goku fought Vegeta for the first time, it had zero appeal to me.

I can't say you'd like Z later on, but it gets way more complex. If you ever get the urge to try it again, the Kai version might be better because it cuts the series in half by removing filler and long, dramatic tension before fight sequences.

I kinda hate the idea because muh nostalgia, but a lot of people have responded positively to it.

Akarin said:

9RSHLV0.jpg

blickpall said:

DBZ was really boring shit. Only a child or nostalgiafag could watch this with interest.

Akarin said:
DBZ was really boring shit. Only a child or nostalgiafag could watch this with interest.

Best fights of all 4 series, sorry to break it to you.

Actually, I guess we should take your word for it. You're the expert since you saw what, 30 episodes, right?

Fucking rofl.

blickpall said:

Actually, I guess we should take your word for it. You're the expert since you saw what, 30 episodes, right?

Fucking rofl.

You're just proving my point, fights are the only (mildly) interesting thing in this shit. And they last for 4 hours because they had to somehow fill the airtime with teleporting, dodges, blocks, bruce lee kicks and charging superpowers for whole episodes with constant screaming.

Akarin said:
You're just proving my point, fights are the only (mildly) interesting thing in this shit. And they last for 4 hours because they had to somehow fill the airtime with teleporting, dodges, blocks, bruce lee kicks and charging superpowers for whole episodes with constant screaming.

FIghting is the only thing interesting in any of the series tbh, the story is pretty trash in all of them. If you don't like the charging up and all that, watch Kai. DB might be the exception, a few spare moments in Z, but otherwise it's all bad.

blickpall said:
FIghting is the only thing interesting in any of the series tbh, the story is pretty trash in all of them. If you don't like the charging up and all that, watch Kai. DB might be the exception, a few spare moments in Z, but otherwise it's all bad.

I enjoyed all of the drama in the Frieza arc, and I always enjoy thinking about DBZ time travel rules as laid out in the Cell saga, not to mention the time chambers

A Good Friend said:
I enjoyed all of the drama in the Frieza arc, and I always enjoy thinking about DBZ time travel rules as laid out in the Cell saga, not to mention the time chambers

Yea, like I said, there were a few interesting plot points. Outside of that, it's pretty low level writing IMO. I personally enjoyed the episodes around the time when Goku lands on Namek to where he fights Captain Ginyu to where he needs to heal in Frieza's ship. Also, Vegeta during the start of the arc has a decent story progression because of how it "ends."

blickpall said:

Fucking rofl.

Your new avi makes me wet

Looks like we got a Fist of The North Star fan here, respect bro, that's my favourite old school anime.

Never bothered with it tbh. It gives me the impression of being an extremely autistic fanfic that just so happened to get a production budget.

I tried watching super but didn't really like it. There's no tension and everything is just too convenient, even for the Dragon Ball series. I also didn't think Dragon Ball needed anymore op plot devices, but I guess I'm alone. Apparently there are even better dragon balls and they can now resolve arcs just by calling the creator of all things. I doubt Toriyama is involved heavily because it reads like a fanfic. After watching Super I can't tell if I like DBZ because it's legitimately good, or if I like it just because of nostalgia. I recently tried going through One Piece again but then just got bored. I just don't find the majority of shonen interesting I guess.

Dragonball super is boring and generic. It's only popular because it's dragonball and dragonball has always been super braindead so you don't have to think to understand what's going on which most people will like. I'm sorry, I tried but there's nothing special about it. It exists solely to please the fanboys by making goku as powerful as they can. It's like bad fanfiction.

I mean, dragon ball super is recommended by everyone I talked to and the show is so incredibly braindead and boring.

Jiren? Big buff alien that punches really hard. Anilaza? Big buff robot that punches really hard. Caulifla? Bigg buff mary sue that punches really hard. Goku? Big buff gary sue that punches really hard and even harder the more HIS HAIR COLOR CHANGES.

It's ridiculously repetitive

Salutextm said:
Dragonball super is boring and generic. It's only popular because it's dragonball and dragonball has always been super braindead so you don't have to think to understand what's going on which most people will like. I'm sorry, I tried but there's nothing special about it. It exists solely to please the fanboys by making goku as powerful as they can. It's like bad fanfiction.

I mean, dragon ball super is recommended by everyone I talked to and the show is so incredibly braindead and boring.

Jiren? Big buff alien that punches really hard. Anilaza? Big buff robot that punches really hard. Caulifla? Bigg buff mary sue that punches really hard. Goku? Big buff gary sue that punches really hard and even harder the more HIS HAIR COLOR CHANGES.

They should give the characters special powers to make the rights more unique and less repetative, like hit having the time skip power.

Salutextm said:

You're mistaken jiren punches reallllly hard

Too hard that they make him meditate for no reason