Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do you guys handle procrastination?

FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow

Banned
-
My biggest hurdle in studymaxxing besides my low IQ is the fact that I procrastinate so fucking much. It's not really my fault considering theres so many great copes all around me.
I fucked up and waited last second again, now I gotta spend tommorow doing a ton of work to hand in the next day.
How do you guys handle your procrastination?

Procrastination is a common problem for incels .
If you are confronted with this overwhelming Nihilism and get no positive reinforcement ,
its hard keep focused and disciplined tbh .
It always helps me to meditate and take 15 minutes to focus myself on whats really important in Life
and how i intend to get there .
Make it a habit to do this every morning .

i dont tbh, i work better under pressure anyways. however I try not to leave things to the very last minute, like if I have a project due a month from now ill try to spend the last 2 or so days working on it, cramming is bad

i dont handle

I deal with it later

Why work hard when no roastie wants you? That's what I blame my laziness on.

had this problem. again cold shower and meditation

I have an exam tomorrow and still haven't studied shit.

stop procrastinating

that's the only way. serious

Nothing really matters so no point stressing, holmes.

stop procrastinating

that's the only way. serious
Basically this (not that I don't still procrastinate from time to time).

The thing is, sometimes it's a lesson you can only learn too late. As in, when you actually suffer as a result of being late - not getting a job, getting fired, not getting into a course, graduating late, something like that. One time I pulled two all-nighters in a row just to submit a long-ass paper like three days late and lost so much credit for being late that I had to retake the course after I transferred to a different undergrad, which is equivalent to me stealing money from my future self and giving it to some suits at the university, all because I wanted to play vidya. When I was hit by the full impact of this realization, I cleaned up my act a lot.

Just like nearly everything else in life, you have to work on it gradually. Start actually doing things whenever you think about them, even if it's just for five to fifteen minutes. Read assignments as soon as you receive them so they will be in the back of your mind, so that idle thoughts and unconscious daydreams may stumble upon something constructive that will give your final product direction. Set a time at which you will start working on it every day. There are tons of strategies, but they all require you to actually do the work - which you would have to do anyway.