Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How do you organize your documents / papers? Any tips?

How do you organize your documents / papers

• Classic folder

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Hanging file folder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accordion folder

• Letter rack

• Just dump it on one big pile

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Other (elab in comments)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
Can't decide. Pros / cons? Any experience?

I don't really have any physical papers, if I do get some I just pile them up somewhere.

Can't decide. Pros / cons? Any experience?
I sperate then by category and then scan em all. I do this at the end of every 3 months, I do all the documents separation.

I don't really have many Important documents

separate them by themes in folders and Accordion folder if you have many save the Accordion folders in boxes. You can name the folders and boxes as a classification system , that can help to see wath is insaide :feelsokman:

I don't
full

Stuffed everything into two folders
9131528_1_xnl.jpg

with two of these:
1897839-1-Xnl.jpg

You would assume there are more than five colors, jfl what is this shit?

I get the feeling that the constant flipping will wore out the documented pretty fast. Maybe one small folder or hanging file folder for each topic would have been better. :worryfeels:

I sperate then by category and then scan em all. I do this at the end of every 3 months, I do all the documents separation.
Documents separation wdym?

Best solution, because you can easily make digital a tree structure and name everything appropriately, tbh ngl.

Do you keep the original? I fear some that some accident deleting everything ngl. Are there special failure and fire proof harddrives? Maybe a cloud service would be good. IDK.

This shit makes me uncomfortable. I am so mentally dysfunctional. Can see myself easily fuck something up.

Stuffed everything into two folders
9131528_1_xnl.jpg

with two of these:
1897839-1-Xnl.jpg

You would assume there are more than five colors, jfl what is this shit?

I get the feeling that the constant flipping will wore out the documented pretty fast. Maybe one small folder or hanging file folder for each topic would have been better. :worryfeels:

Documents separation wdym?

Best solution, because you can easily make digital a tree structure and name everything appropriately, tbh ngl.

Do you keep the original? I fear some that some accident deleting everything ngl. Are there special failure and fire proof harddrives? Maybe a cloud service would be good. IDK.

This shit makes me uncomfortable. I am so mentally dysfunctional. Can see myself easily fuck something up.
I upload it to Google drive so even if hardrive failed it would be fine. if you don't want Google having access, you can zip the files and put password on them. or you can also use an external hardrive and copy paste everything over as a backup.

I would keep the physical copies of important documents like medical tests, bank statements,tax return. but of stuff like electric bill, water bill, coupon trash, random recipes I throw out
as for the documents separation, basically at end of three months I collect all the useless mail/documents piled up, separate them into caterogries. then scan them into the desired folders. I used to scan weekly but I don't get enough mail to justify that amount effort so I do three months.

One chunky big folder fs

With great efficiency and tidiness.

I upload it to Google drive so even if hardrive failed it would be fine. if you don't want Google having access, you can zip the files and put password on them. or you can also use an external hardrive and copy paste everything over as a backup.

I would keep the physical copies of important documents like medical tests, bank statements,tax return. but of stuff like electric bill, water bill, coupon trash, random recipes I throw out
as for the documents separation, basically at end of three months I collect all the useless mail/documents piled up, separate them into caterogries. then scan them into the desired folders. I used to scan weekly but I don't get enough mail to justify that amount effort so I do three months.
As what filetype do you scan? Do you turn the documents into compuer readable files with any text prediction software?

separate them by themes in folders and Accordion folder if you have many save the Accordion folders in boxes. You can name the folders and boxes as a classification system , that can help to see wath is insaide :feelsokman:

alphabetical order.
in a folder, ofc.

As what filetype do you scan? Do you turn the documents into compuer readable files with any text prediction software?
I use a doc scanner and turn files into PDFs if possible. in some cases only an image format works tho

I use a doc scanner and turn files into PDFs if possible. in some cases only an image format works tho
Doc scanner? Is that a program that tutns images into pc words?

But the content's texts are searchable and copypastable then or are they just "image" pdfs?
It’s searchable most of the time. But some documents content isn’t easily searchable unfortunately