[It's Over] How do you (srsly) get through work being too quiet

CopeKeith

CopeKeith

Masters of Illusion
-
Nov 22, 2019
With a workforce of about 80% women, its truly over. I can only barely get pass ice breakers for conversations. Beyond asking them about generic topics like the holidays, or where they're from, I am completly quiet. I can't really associate & I'll only perk up if they mention one of my few interests (like the aspie I am JFL). I think it's too late to even work on my relationship with my co workers. Despte them being all women, they aren't so bad of people (all ethnics like me). Sure I do get ostracized or given the death glare sometimes by a few but I somehow don't care about that so much. Anyone else in a similar situation? I think I may have a form of Selective Mutism, next week I definately should see a psychiatrist like I've been planning for weeks. :feelscry:

GreaseCel

GreaseCel

Banned
-
May 19, 2019
It’s over for you, just so you know

CopeKeith

CopeKeith

Masters of Illusion
-
Nov 22, 2019
It’s over for you, just so you know
Wageslavery is pretty gruesome..although working with as little people as possible will make it a bit enjoyable I think. If only those "Work from home Data Entry Jobs" weren't flooded with applications already.

HidekiTojota

HidekiTojota

Conquistadorcel, Historycel
-
Jul 21, 2019
I barely have any contact since most of my time is spent either stocking shelves or working in the storage room.

GiveMeRamus

GiveMeRamus

5'7"-130lbs-5 inches-Pharmacel 20yo KHHV
-
Sep 26, 2019
I work in a pharmacy with 6 co working foids, as the only male and the only sub 5 in looks i struggel alot ( their smv is infinite, while i dont have any) as a pharmacist i have to deal with 100s of people daily, i am noticing improvements in my social skills BUT I STILL HATE THE INTERACTIONS, i hate people. i hate looking, smelling, hearing, talking to them and knowing about their private life and drama. i do not care about the people i am selling medicine to, but i chose this job anyways because i enjoyed learning about illnesses and conditions- including their symptoms, causes and treatments.

CopeKeith

CopeKeith

Masters of Illusion
-
Nov 22, 2019
Further explanation?
Well two years ago I saw a therapist, which I think wasnt the right step but at the time I thought he would help me through a depression state I was in at the time. He basically told me that I could be suffering with an audio speech disorder. Something about not being able to process thoughts into words, I cant remember entirely what he said to me. After some more sessions with him (turned out to be quite a waste of money, looking back at it), and some computerchair psychiatrist research, I found out about selective mutism, and while I am not officially diagnosed, I was finally able to find a phase for what Ive been dealing with my entire life.
i hate people. i hate looking, smelling, hearing, talking to them and knowing about their private life and drama.
Talking about my personal life to co workers sounds impossible to me. Its too personal.

T

tooth monster

monstre des dents
-
Apr 21, 2018
It's not possible to talk to foids normally if you're ugly. I experience this at work every day. They would rather stare at you as if youu were a circus freak instead of talking to you.

TheGambler2

TheGambler2

Non NT=Death
-
Jan 19, 2019
If they wanted to talk to you,they would lead the conversation.I've struggled with this all my life until I realized people don't really want to talk to me.It is so much different when both people are engaged in conversation,makes it much more fluent