Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How I escaped nihilism and continue to move away from it

Braincel14w

Braincel14w

Greycel
In a nutshell I take very seriously my instincts and I obey them.

Instincts = your feelings, involuntary actions and behaviours and importantly also the involuntary thoughts that pop into your head.

All these things are a function of your body (which includes your brain). Your body is your entire experience. You don't experience the external world, you only experience your body's reaction to it. You can improve your body with exercise and activity and you can improve your experience by improving your body. So that's a good start to escaping nihilism: exercise everyday no matter how tiny the amount you're capable of to start with. Just do enough so that you're getting stronger in some way. This alone will improve your experience of life.

Your body knows things that your cognitive mind does not. Did you ever get the feeling you've forgotten something important as you leave the house? Is that feeling ever wrong? How do your feelings know something before you've thought of it? Your cognitive mind is just the surface of your consciousness, there's a vast amount going on in your subconscious and it is as much you as your cognitive mind is. It is just more difficult to access, especially if you don't know about it and ignore it.

Trust your instincts and obey them. They are telling you what to do and what not to do all the time. When you are feeling lost and hopeless it is because you are internally saying no to every idea that pops into your head. Your cognitive mind doesn't believe that it's worth the effort but your body/instinct knows much more than your cognitive mind can comprehend.

When an idea of something you need to do pops into your head just do it instead of continuing to do nothing. This is the same as trusting your instincts and obeying but applied to your involuntary thoughts. I believe they are basically part of the same thing.

Watch yourself like you're someone you don't know. Jordan Peterson is right about this. You do all sorts of things that you're not aware of and you can learn a great deal from studying yourself. Write down interesting things that you observe and try to work out why you behave in that way. You can't fix a problem until you recognise that it exists. This is an entire book worthy subject on it's own.

I still ignore my instincts sometimes and just LDAR but I think my life would be much better if I didn't. At least I am doing enough to not be hopeless and nihilistic like I used to be.

I'm the opposite, fantasizing about things is my best cope. Often I'll spend hours doing little more than sitting.

I may be wrong, but if I only followed my I'd end up escaping most situations to LDAR. Whenever I enter a social situation, my brain goes into fight or flight mode. Because of past experiences, flight becomes the automatic choice. This used to be the case but I'm on 2 anti-depressants now which nullify this. Instead I just want to go home ASAP, because anything social tires me.

I'd probably become fat too

I may be wrong, but if I only followed my I'd end up escaping most situations to LDAR. Whenever I enter a social situation, my brain goes into fight or flight mode. Because of past experiences, flight becomes the automatic choice. This used to be the case but I'm on 2 anti-depressants now which nullify this. Instead I just want to go home ASAP, because anything social tires me.

I'd probably become fat too
Mega good points! I believe drugs interefere with your instincts because obviously they hijack the chemical systems that your instincts use to "communicate" with you. This is why mundane things can seem meaningful when on drugs and why drug users end up being nihilistic.

My body definitely wants me to be fat. Presumably this is partly due to an outdated Winter survival instinct. I also think that we haven't evolved to thrive and deal with the presence of high sugar and processed foods.

The answer for me is to cut out drugs and processed food and ignore the instinct to consume these things. So I'm already breaking my rule about always obeying my instincts, well, it isn't an absolute rule and I don't believe there are any absolute rules for human behaviour.

Why would you want to escape nihilism?

And every cuck does exactly what you are preaching @Braincel14w but we dont want to be like them right? Otherwise the incel phenopenon would have never existed.

Motivation to do something other than LDAR?
Yeas. Why would we want to dance into arms of death with fortitude rather with despaire? It is not logical

hey whatever helps you cope bro
im sorry to say but this reads like a stoner drivel, i don't think you can rationalise nihilism away

Just be an absurdist theory.

Yeas. Why would we want to dance into arms of death with fortitude rather with despaire? It is not logical
Totally your choice. I'm just sharing what happened to me in the hope that it makes some sense and helps someone.
hey whatever helps you cope bro
im sorry to say but this reads like a stoner drivel, i don't think you can rationalise nihilism away
Letting go of rationality is part of my process tbh. You absolutely cannot rationalise nihilism away, it is the main cause of nihilism. My advice is more to do with taking action even when there is no rationality for it because your instincts are smarter than your rationality.

Totally your choice. I'm just sharing what happened to me in the hope that it makes some sense and helps someone.

Letting go of rationality is part of my process tbh. You absolutely cannot rationalise nihilism away, it is the main cause of nihilism. My advice is more to do with taking action even when there is no rationality for it because your instincts are smarter than your rationality.
I can already picture myself trying the method and ultimately realizing I'm a tool that just keeps doing weird stuff because something compels me to.
Maybe it beats nihilism, who knows.

Instincts " are smarter " than rationality in way of self preservation but self preservation in intself is not smart thing to bother with. The game has no sense.

Instincts " are smarter " than rationality in way of self preservation but self preservation in intself is not smart thing to bother with. The game has no sense.
I think self preservation is a smart thing to bother with. Dying earlier than necessary doesn't appeal to me personally but I understand that other people feel differently. I reached rock bottom a while ago and decided I wanted to live and move away from "hell" and I have an instinct for what will lead me back there which I now can steer away from.

I think self preservation is a smart thing to bother with. Dying earlier than necessary doesn't appeal to me personally but I understand that other people feel differently. I reached rock bottom a while ago and decided I wanted to live and move away from "hell" and I have an instinct for what will lead me back there which I now can steer away from.
It is the questiom of your personal whim .ok good luck with that.

I can already picture myself trying the method and ultimately realizing I'm a tool that just keeps doing weird stuff because something compels me to.
Maybe it beats nihilism, who knows.
That "something" is YOU!
It is the questiom of your personal whim .ok good luck with that.
Not quite, there's endless nuance but thanks for the good wishes.

Last edited:
Following my instincts has saved me some trouble a few times in the past but nihilism is still legit