Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How many of you actually have active social lives?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Help me out here, I honestly don't know how normal people live.

I'm an avoidant person, I never had friends and I had my eyes glued to a screen since I was a kid. So I really have no idea.

While reading books, browsing the internet, watching movies and shows - people constantly "go out", do stuff with other people, hang out with others as much as possible. Hell even in MMOs they do that, while I was playing solo for all the hundreds of thousands of hours I've been playing MMOs,

So, can you please describe your social life? It's like I'm an alien here, trying to understand "the humans".

Me neither bro I don't know how people get friends. I can't even get fucking nerd friends. It's like I don't fit in anywhere.

Me neither bro I don't know how people get friends. I can't even get fucking nerd friends. It's like I don't fit in anywhere.
Do you also actively avoid people? I might have gotten friends if I tried, idk, but I get anxiety if I get friendly with anyone. It's weird, I just don't feel comfortable around other people. Perhaps on a subconscious level I think they're going to make fun of me.

Do you also actively avoid people? I might have gotten friends if I tried, idk, but I get anxiety if I get friendly with anyone. It's weird, I just don't feel comfortable around other people. Perhaps on a subconscious level I think they're going to make fun of me.

Yes because I don't know how to befriend them it always ends up being awkward when we do hang out so I don't even bother anymore. Like people want to hang out or there is events that people from work go to but I don't because I have nobody to go with and they all have their social circles already I hate to be just fucking making fool of myself it happened in the past so don't wanna repeat it.

I get extreme anxiety whenever I step outside my house.

My days consist of me going to work, not talking to anybody, then coming home and crying for 30 minutes. Then repeat.

I don't really know tbh, it kinda makes me sad, always hearing other people talk about "how great the other night was". While I'm sitting at home doing nothing, it has always been like that though. I can't get any friends, not even the fucking nerds, they're all fucking normies.

society doesn't "teach" us social skills, at least not directly. So the people with friends and relationships are those with a natural skill (high serotonin levels, etc.) Basically eugenics for mentalcels on a massive scale

always hearing other people talk about "how great the other night was"
Don't take normie words for granted though.All of them try to make their lives seem better than they really are

No bro im a friendless loser

-active social life
-incel
Pick one.

Its getting harder for me to make friends as I get older.

None whatsoever

Help me out here, I honestly don't know how normal people live.
A normal human enjoys talking to other normal humans. They mostly talk about themselves (things they've done recently) or things their friends have done recently. A normie feels uncomfortable alone, so it prefers to spend time talking to people, which makes it feel positive emotions. Normies can party or have sex, but a prerequisite for that is a social life. A social life requires you to form connections with other normies. To do so, you need to spend a lot of time just talking to those other people. When a normie feels positive emotions from talking to another normie, a form of conditioning occurs. In other words, the normie begins to associate positive feelings with interacting with that normie, and that's how friendships are formed.

But normal friendships can't be formed between any combinations of humans. For a social interaction to be positive, it needs to not be uncomfortable for the normie. An example of an uncomfortable interaction is when a normal man speaks with a friendless man. Since the friendless man cannot talk about his own social life or the social life of his friends, the normie feels uncomfortable and a bond cannot be formed between them. In other words, you need to already have a social life to make friends with a normie. A catch 22 for friendless people who want a social life.

NO. i dont have a social life. my life sucks and i hate this country

I am a puzzle piece in the wrong puzzle box

None whatsoever

A normal human enjoys talking to other normal humans. They mostly talk about themselves (things they've done recently) or things their friends have done recently. A normie feels uncomfortable alone, so it prefers to spend time talking to people, which makes it feel positive emotions. Normies can party or have sex, but a prerequisite for that is a social life. A social life requires you to form connections with other normies. To do so, you need to spend a lot of time just talking to those other people. When a normie feels positive emotions from talking to another normie, a form of conditioning occurs. In other words, the normie begins to associate positive feelings with interacting with that normie, and that's how friendships are formed.

But normal friendships can't be formed between any combinations of humans. For a social interaction to be positive, it needs to not be uncomfortable for the normie. An example of an uncomfortable interaction is when a normal man speaks with a friendless man. Since the friendless man cannot talk about his own social life or the social life of his friends, the normie feels uncomfortable and a bond cannot be formed between them. In other words, you need to already have a social life to make friends with a normie. A catch 22 for friendless people who want a social life.
That was very well-put. I do believe that it's next to impossible to make friends if you don't already have a social circle. But since I don't even want to make friends, getting that social circle and friends simply as a means to getting a girlfriend is also a pointless endeavor.

I had an ok social life in my teens and early 20s. We used to do drugs and get obliterated with alcohol. People liked me for how much of a clown I was when I was drunk and how eager I was to get more and more fucked up on whichever drug we were doing at the time. My whole social life was based on this and it lasted about a decade before I sobered up and realised I had nothing in common with these people and they don't even like the real me.

No more. Was time of some socialmaxxing, but new generation sucks, and older people not helping to search for cute adorable loli waifu in streets

You sound like me, I don't have any friend or acquaintances. I am a social shut in who only "goes out" to buy groceries. I buy most of my copes online.

I have no social life. At the weekend, I stay in by myself; I don't go out, and I avoid bars and clubs like the plague. I don't have any friends with whom I meet up on even a semi-regular basis - the most recent occasion on which I met up with a friend was last summer.

In general, I'm more suited to being alone. For the most part I would rather just be alone than spend time with others.

I cry in restrooms sometimes after going out alone.

Not sure about my social life, but I have a very active digestive system and intestines, I can eat and shit a lot. If that counts.

I don't really know tbh, it kinda makes me sad, always hearing other people talk about "how great the other night was". While I'm sitting at home doing nothing, it has always been like that though. I can't get any friends, not even the fucking nerds, they're all fucking normies.
You gave them your phone number n' you asked and all but no... don't let that weird looking " よっこま" kid come along...OH F1CKEN NO!!!

I have zero social life unless you count talking online (which no one really does)