Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How many users here are autistic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 24081
  • Start date

Are you autistic?

• Yes - Diagnosed

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Likely - Social Awkward, No Eye Contact etc.

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member 24081

Self-banned
-
It’s interesting to know that we have a fair number of autistic users here but I’m just curious to see just how many there are.

@Blacktarpill

Professionally diagnosed by doctors, yes

I haven't been diagnosted but show signs, especially being socially inept, though I don't really have a problem with holding eye contact

I’m not entirely sure, but maybe I am.

No.

But I do have social anxiety so I probably give the impression of being autistic to many.

"Autism" and "the spectrum" are so vaguely defined as to be rendered nonsense. My therapist suggested that I have Asperger's (renamed Autism-lite I believe) but I had no interest in doing the test. The diagnostic line between sperg and normie is drawn arbitrarily. This holds true for most of the diagnoses that we slap on kids. The bottom 5% have ADHD or Obedience Defiance Disorder or Dyslexia.

It's as useful as saying the bottom 5% of swimmers have Aquatic Dysfunction Disorder. Or maybe the bottom 5% of singers have Pitch Misidentification Syndrome.

Some people excel in certain areas and some people have been done a cruel disservice by nature. Most people can do most things to a functional degree of competency (with required practice).

An additional problem is how readily doctors diagnose people. Just look at all the videos on youtube of happy, outgoing, socially competent women talking about their Asperger's. It's a massive kick in the cobblers to the 20% of men who are absolutely crippled with shyness through years of rejection.

No.

But I do have social anxiety so I probably give the impression of being autistic to many.
Ironically, having social anxiety probably makes you seem neurotypical, rather than autistic.

You see, the most prominent autistic stereotype is of somebody who lacks neuroticism, and over-shares his life, like Chris Chan.

To have phobias and fears implies an understanding of social dynamics and reciprocity on some level, which is not popularly associated with autism.

Here's an example of this:

Wtf what's that tryptophobia? He says he's scared of holes, I'm also scared of girls, that's why I'm here, I can't approach foids cos I lack self esteem and am insecure because they will reject me because I'm not Hemsworth, or even worse, put me in jail like that guy in Glasgow.

But I would have thought autists were opposite, because they are super low inhib? Rain man sure was

And so it happens that low-functioning autists tend to have better social lives than high-functioning autists, even though (or precisely because of the fact) they are less intelligent, perceptive, prudent, and punctual.

To be neurotic and afraid of judgement, and therefore socially alienated, is paradoxically a neurotypical trait.

Last edited: