Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How old were you when you got your first job?

How old were you when you got your first job?

• Under 16

• 16-17

• 18-20

• 21 or over

• Never had a job

Results are only viewable after voting.
i live with both , and its mainly my father who doesn't want me to work and my mother just follows his opinion
I'm surprised that it's your dad especially. Usually moms are like that.

What job does your parents have?
its over i cant even moneymaxx with a side job
Maybe try freelancing, or learning a skill online that you can do on the computer and once you know that you can look for gigs and tasks do to for people that are hiring.

I'm surprised that it's your dad especially. Usually moms are like that.
fathers obsessed with stoodying he quite literally told me to forget about everything else in life and just study and maybe after i finish ill be able to do what i want
What job does your parents have?
manual labor
Maybe try freelancing, or learning a skill online that you can do on the computer and once you know that you can look for gigs and tasks do to for people that are hiring.
i cant just do that LMAO, i have to inform them about everything i do even though im a "young adult".
what frustrates me more about this is the fact that i never asked them to do filthy and useless stuff i always asked them if i was allowed to do productive things besides studying but no not allowed.

anyone who would have been in my shoes would have lost their mind by now

Last edited:
fathers obsessed with stoodying he quite literally told me to forget about everything else in life and just study and maybe after i finish ill be able to do what i want

manual labor
Ah, maybe I can understand why he is like that now. He doesn't want you to work the same job he is doing and is hoping that you studymaxx to get an actual respectable career that doesn't involve manual labor and pays well.
i cant just do that LMAO, i have to inform them about everything i do even though im a "young adult".
Does your parents know everything that you're doing on the Internet? If not, maybe there's a way where you can teach yourself and freelance without them knowing. Even if you don't have a bank account, you can look for some sites that pay in crypto instead.

Ah, maybe I can understand why he is like that now. He doesn't want you to work the same job he is doing and is hoping that you studymaxx to get an actual respectable career that doesn't involve manual labor and pays well.
no thats not it and although it might sound like it , he just doesnt want me to do anything but stoody or ldar cuz they literally dont mind seeing me in the weekend lying in my bed all day, but when i mention a weekend-job all hell breaks loose . Also literally they highest scoring students most often have aprt time job so like i said it wont hinder my studies.

i know this sounds mind boggling but theyre like that, letting me have some financial freedom would loosen the leash on me, understand?(even though i wouldnt do anything nor change lmao)
Does your parents know everything that you're doing on the Internet?
no
If not, maybe there's a way where you can teach yourself and freelance without them knowing. Even if you don't have a bank account, you can look for some sites that pay in crypto instead.
I dont want to anger them since they would get mad if i did something like this . but tbh i have been looking into graphic design etc and that seems intersting but ill need a better pc(which is only possible through a part time job)

no thats not it and although it might sound like it , he just doesnt want me to do anything but stoody or ldar cuz they literally dont mind seeing me in the weekend lying in my bed all day, but when i mention a weekend-job all hell breaks loose . Also literally they highest scoring students most often have aprt time job so like i said it wont hinder my studies.

i know this sounds mind boggling but theyre like that, letting me have some financial freedom would loosen the leash on me, understand?(even though i wouldnt do anything nor change lmao)
But why do they want you to be dependent on them? I don't get why they don't want you to make money on your own if you're already an adult? Maybe they're worried about you going outside?
no

I dont want to anger them since they would get mad if i did something like this . but tbh i have been looking into graphic design etc and that seems intersting but ill need a better pc(which is only possible through a part time job)
I don't think they would care or notice if it means you're still working from home.

But why do they want you to be dependent on them? I don't get why they don't want you to make money on your own if you're already an adult? Maybe they're worried about you going outside?
im under 20 jfl, and like i said they want me to be dependent on them since its a control mechanism.

and i dont go outside since ive got no interest in going outside and theyre always suspicious of me if i do (last time i left the house for something besides school was 3 years ago lmao)
even though i literally just stay away from bad things , im literally a loner lmao. so yeah its not worth thr trouble
I don't think they would care or notice if it means you're still working from home.
they would , i know that youre trying to help a fellow brocel out , but you would never undertand my parents /situation :feelsYall:
no one would be able to bear this

My mom forced me to play violin on the street for money as a little kid i dont even remember what age. We were so poor i begged her not to but had to anyways. First proper job id say like around 17/18.

My mom forced me to play violin on the street for money as a little kid i dont even remember what age. We were so poor i begged her not to but had to anyways. First proper job id say like around 17/18.
Was this in America?

I'm working with my dad and he's so mean to me at this fucking job

And how much did you earned from busking? Do you still play the violin well?
Usually around 50 but on a couple occasions almost 100. My mum took all the money. I havent played it in years.

email password recovery question maxxing thread

Never worked a day in my life

Tbh, I’m 19 now and I never had a paying job. I tried when I was still in school, but then pandemic stroke and all prospects are off the table so I’m just NEETmaxxing and LDARmaxxing for all this time.

Also, if you’re still working and have you kept the job since.

Jobs suck ass.
They really do, but if I don’t work I’m homeless so it’s choosing between 2 shitty options.

Even getting involved with ETFs/index funds hasn’t helped like people always say it will in the long run (though perhaps things may turn around eventually). If you happen to put your funds in at an inopportune moment, then it can take years just to break even again on mounted losses and if you make any mistakes selling/buying into something else triggers tax events, it sucks dick. But if you don’t invest you’re getting railed by inflation so the whole things a fucking joke and I’ll be a wage slave forever. I’ll never be able to afford a home so I’ll be rent trapped forever too. Without a partner to split costs you’re also fucked.

Putting 2 and 2 together, seems to me women entering the work forced fucked everybody since the amount of labor basically doubled so it becomes an employers market where they can pay less since everyone is competing with each other. Cut out half the labor force and see how pay rises.

I genuinely do not understand why women think being a stay at home mom is worst thing on earth, it’s literally the easiest fucking job on the planet and requires no higher education whatsoever. They also can just divorce their husbands later in life if they do choose and get enough money to coast in retirement, imagine if you could do that lol.

Honestly at this point I just think life is all luck. Genetics, circumstance, and chance dictate way more than people seem to acknowledge.

Last edited: