Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How old were you when you got your first job?

How old were you when you got your first job?

• Under 16

• 16-17

• 18-20

• 21 or over

• Never had a job

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thats very psychopathic of them. Once you get a job, run, run far
Yeah, that's what I want to do. My family treats me as if I'm some sort of retard and a failure.

Tbh, would rather just move somewhere that's warmer all year round and become a homeless vagabond living off grid and being self-sustainable.

Yeah, that's what I want to do. My family treats me as if I'm some sort of retard and a failure.

Tbh, would rather just move somewhere that's warmer all year round and become a homeless vagabond living off grid and being self-sustainable.
Sounds like a plan ngl, where do you live currently?

Sounds like a plan ngl, where do you live currently?
I'm from one of the hoods of NYC. Just want to get out of this place and go somewhere out in the countryside where I can get a gun and hunt my own food and grow my own crops.

In one of the hood sides of NYC. Just want to get out of this place and go somewhere out in the countryside where I can get a gun and hunt my own food and grow my own crops.
I have heard it was rough around there, I was planning to move there at one point. Most people in nyc hoods have guns anyway, i thought.

I have heard it was rough around there, I was planning to move there at one point. Most people in nyc hoods have guns anyway, i thought.
Nah, as far as I know. Unless you buy via black market. But I don't got the connects with that. I do have a friend that has a BB and air soft collection.

The city and the state where I live in have very strict gun laws. Can't even own certain kinds of knives and other self-defense tools. NY state in general is a very liberal state. Just as bad as Canada over here.

If I could, I want to move somewhere in the Midwest where land is cheap, easier to get guns, expansive wildlands and is barely populated with people.

16 I began working as a janitorcel.

I was 22. My first job was the most comfy job I ever had before my male boss got sick and an old hag substituted him. But I earned too little.

I was 22. My first job was the most comfy job I ever had before my male boss got sick and an old hag substituted him. But I earned too little.
How was the job?

Is elective NEETdom out of choice common in Brazil and the rest of Latin America, or is it common to have a lot of under-18s working over there.

How was the job?
I was a receptionist. Had to speak English as well. I spent most of the day reading books and playing games on the computer.

Some of the downsides were the formal attire I had to wear, only 15 mins for lunch, and above all the meager wage like I already mentioned.

Is elective NEETdom common in Brazil and the rest of Latin America, or is it common to have a lot of under-18s working over there.
Neither is very common. I'd guess we have less NEETs per capita than the first world. People usually study till 18 then get a job or go to college, at least in my location.

I was a receptionist. Had to speak English as well. I spent most of the day reading books and playing games on the computer.

Some of the downsides were the formal attire I had to wear, only 15 mins for lunch, and above all the meager wage like I already mentioned.
How much were you earning? Still working or have you gone back to NEETdom?
Neither is very common. I'd guess we have less NEETs per capita than the first world. People usually study till 18 then get a job or go to college, at least in my location.
I can see how being a voluntary NEET isn't viable in a country like Brazil, and most people don't have jobs because of involuntary unemployment.

But even then, you have kids working in those countries, even if it doesn't pay much for them in order to feed the entire family.

Fired from the first job I ever had because I missed work while in the hospital. Miss those sweet minimum wage bux.

I got when I was 18 and fuck having jobs I just wanna neet and rot

Fired from the first job I ever had because I missed work while in the hospital. Miss those sweet minimum wage bux.
McDonald's?
I got when I was 18 and fuck having jobs I just wanna neet and rot
At least you get money.

But I understand if you have social anxiety from working with people and dealing with customers/clients.

McDonald's?

At least you get money.

But I understand if you have social anxiety from working with people and dealing with customers/clients.
Wal-Mart. Surrounded by roasties getting knocked up. It was fucking miserable. Literally had girls refuse to go down my line once saying out fucking loud they wanted a cute cashier.

How much were you earning?
Minimum age, which back then was like 800 reais or so.

Still working or have you gone back to NEETdom?
I'm technically in college but my college was destroyed by covid. Online shit isn't working properly, everybody is putting college on-hold, this online shit seriously suck, especially when it's that disorganized.

I'm technically in college but my college was destroyed by covid. Online shit isn't working properly, everybody is putting college on-hold, this online shit seriously suck, especially when it's that disorganized.
Also in college. Covid fucked college sideways with a chainsaw.

Wal-Mart. Surrounded by roasties getting knocked up. It was fucking miserable. Literally had girls refuse to go down my line once saying out fucking loud they wanted a cute cashier.
Ah, I see. Imagine getting mogged by co-workers and your customers would rather pay them and give them tips than you.

Same here. Left high school and went to college for one semester before COVID. But how do you guys afford college if you NEET? Here in burgerland we get financial aid from the feds in addition to my state's tuition assistance program, and in NYC, city colleges are pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Ah, I see. Imagine getting mogged by co-workers and your customers would rather pay them and give them tips than you.

Same here. Left high school and went to college for one semester before COVID. But how do you guys afford college if you NEET? Here in burgerland we get financial aid from the feds in addition to my state's tuition assistance program, and in NYC, city colleges are pretty cheap.
I use Mom and Dad bux and go to a Community College. Still have to pay for some costs but it's still pretty manageable.

@PPEcel @Robtical @Broly @kanyepilled

Last edited:
I was 13
Received my first employment in summer of 2009 on a massive ranch in the south

still have no job(i'm 26)

I believe I was 22 if meme-ory serves me correctly

i’ve never worked :::::

Got my first job at Walmart a month before I turned 21, lasted 3 months.
(Spent my 21st birthday stocking shelves at walmart too.)

I'm a Security Guard now and I've been doing it for almost three years.

Got my first actual job at 16. I mowed lawns when I was around 10-13ish before my allergies got worst.

I'm a Security Guard now and I've been doing it for almost three years.
Screenshot 2021 09 23 at 19 02 55 BlueShift Cover Original webp  WEBP 550  538

@Barney Calhoun

I got my first internship when I was 21. I got my first job after I turned 22.

Barney Calhoun is a character from Half-Life who was also a security guard just like you. :feelsbaton:
"Prepare for unforeseen consequences" is a quote from the mysterious G-Man:
:dab::dab:
Also check out this masterpiece if you haven't

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt2sbtvBuk8&t=43s

first and only job at 16, after that i have not been able to find a job nor been allowed to work

I’m 20 never had a job, currently get welfare money :feelsYall:

:feelsmusic: No energy for gaming atm but I'll replay the whole series some day. :feelsokman:
:dab::feelsokman: Also hl3's probably comming soon, after hl:alyx
Half life 1 and expansions mog half (fight waves of combines for 10 hours) life 2 to oblivion.
I really like both, i like hl2 esp cuz it's set in a fictional eastern european post-communist town cuz the graphics designer Viktor Antonov is a Bulgarian (im from Bulgaria too), most of the appartment buildings, cars, etc. in city 17 are communist

Last edited:
first and only job at 16, after that i have not been able to find a job nor been allowed to work
What happen that made you stop working?

they dont want me to have some financial independence and besides all they say whenever i tell them i want a part time job is:
>but anon what about stoooodying????!!!:feelsUgh:

(even though a part time job wouldn't get in the way of it).

theyd rather see me ldar and study than study and have a part time job , its frustrating especially since im a poorcel JFL:society:

they dont want me to have some financial independence and besides all they say whenever i tell them i want a part time job is:
>but anon what about stoooodying????!!!:feelsUgh:

(even though a part time job wouldn't get in the way of it).

theyd rather see me ldar and study than study and have a part time job , its frustrating especially since im a poorcel JFL:society:
So they just want to keep you dependent on them? For what if you're not disabled and you have the ability to work?

So they just want to keep you dependent on them? For what if you're not disabled and you have the ability to work?
they want me to be dependent on them , its a control mechanism

Can't get one even meeting all requeriments because of my hideous looks, after the interview I always get rejected, the game was rigged before being born bros.

they want me to be dependent on them , its a control mechanism , ethnic parents are like that
But you just live with your parents (both mom and dad), no? Or do you live with extended relatives as well? Is it one of your parents or both your parents that doesn't want you to work?

But you just live with your parents (both mom and dad), no? Or do you live with extended relatives as well? Is it one of your parents or both your parents that doesn't want you to work?
i live with both , and its mainly my father who doesn't want me to work and my mother just follows his opinion

its over i cant even moneymaxx with a side job

Delivered newspapers twice a week for 15€ with 14.