Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How realistic is your typical "high school shounen genre?"

0fflinemode

0fflinemode

Banned
-
I know that anime is just a fantasy, but I was just thinking "how much of this stuff comes from a place of reality? Is this stuff just projection from men who wished they experienced highschool romance or does this stuff actually take place?"

I know that probably chads experience things similar to this probably everyday, but I cant help but shake the fact that ive missed out on something very crucial for my life due to my looks. :cryfeels:

2D > 3D. Fuck Chad

i literally have no idea what that even is

Virgin shows made by virgins for virgins

Harem animes would be realistic if you replaced the limpwristed betacuck simp protagonist that you typically see with Chad

None of it is a reality. 90% of anime comes from virgins just like us who release their sexual frustration through drawing and animating these shows.

Its pure fantasy

Istockphoto 472211979 612x612

I mean high school shounen can motivate people to gymmaxx and maintain their health, which in turn gives people some self-respect, regardless of how uggo they are so that's something at least.

slice of life anime is potent suifuel. stay away from that stuff

This is why i have tried to stop watching romance anime, but i just cant help myself. My soul knows that it needs cope, even if its hurtful cope :feelsrope:

IT acts like females irl behave like they do in anime, apparently able to generate sexual attraction for unattractive males due the male's actions alone.

Keep in mind that females on IT geniunely don't believe what they are saying, and only say these lies as a passive aggressive attack against their biological enemy: unattractive males. Even if they say they have a "unattractive" boyfriend, he is either a juggernaut chad or the relationship is proxy prostitution with a soycel.

Not really. I'm watching a slice of life show where the main character is a normie tier hapa. He's not Chad, and the nameless students treat him like an ogrecel when he's a normie of average height. When there's such a fantastical premise, it can be mildly entertaining to watch these shows.

This is why i have tried to stop watching romance anime, but i just cant help myself. My soul knows that it needs cope, even if its hurtful cope :feelsrope:
it's too brutal, it makes me long for situations that never happened
Not really. I'm watching a slice of life show where the main character is a normie tier hapa. He's not Chad, and the nameless students treat him like an ogrecel when he's a normie of average height. When there's such a fantastical premise, it can be mildly entertaining to watch these shows.
name?

I know that anime is just a fantasy, but I was just thinking "how much of this stuff comes from a place of reality? Is this stuff just projection from men who wished they experienced highschool romance or does this stuff actually take place?"

I know that probably chads experience things similar to this probably everyday, but I cant help but shake the fact that ive missed out on something very crucial for my life due to my looks. :cryfeels:
Let me tell you something OP. Do you know why Japan always focuses on teens in highschool for anime?

Because they have choices and ability to choose.. Once you're an adult you don't have many choices nor you do have much control.

Being a teen is like playing a beginners class in an RPG. You can fuck around with the stats, have tons of crazy ideas of how you want to proceed, probably experiment with many game mechanics etc. Essentially freedom.

Once you're an adult, your have to pick a real job class and most of your choices are gone. And in real life most job classes fucking suck ass. The chance of selecting holy paladin or Grand Mage is closed off to a select few (E.g those who got into the best unis, won the Olympics etc)

Your destiny is set and thats it. And for the vast majority of people, your destiny is shit.

Last edited:
Let me tell you something OP. Do you know why Japan always focuses on teens in highschool for anime?

Because they have choices. Once you're an adult you don't have many choices.

Been a teen is like playing a beginners class in an RPG. You can fuck around with the stats, have tons of crazy ideas of how you want to proceed, probably experiment with many game mechanics etc. Essentially freedom.

Once you're an adult, your have to pick a real job class and most of your choices are gone. And in real life most job classes fucking suck ass. The chance of selecting holy paladin or Grand Mage is closed off to a select few (E.g those who got into the best unis, won the Olympics etc)

Your destiny is set and thats it. And for the vast majority of people, your destiny is shit.
I've never thought about it like that, but I agree. Most of my, or if any, chances of having any type of romance/love is gone now. Most doors have closed for me. :feelsrope:

I've never thought about it like that, but I agree. Most of my, or if any, chances of having any type of romance/love is gone now. Most doors have closed for me. :feelsrope:
Most doors were closed to you on the day you were born.

But there was still the illusion of freedom and choice when you were a teen.

Once you're an adult, you can't have that illusion anymore. I mean for example Sports anime is all about wanting to be great at the sport when you grow up as a teen.
Yet you can't do that as an adult. I mean by 18, you would have already been picked to play in a club by then ffs.

Most doors were closed to you on the day you were born.

But there was still the illusion of freedom and choice when you were a teen.

Once you're an adult, you can't have that illusion anymore. I mean for example Sports anime is all about wanting to be great at the sport when you grow up as a teen.
Yet you can't do that as an adult. I mean by 18, you would have already been picked to play in a club by then ffs.
Its just fucking amazes me. A few cm of bone decides whether or not you get to live a happy life. Not hard work or dedication, but fucking bones. :reeeeee:

I wish I had an anime harem

shit that never happens

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back