Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over How To Tell If You're Autistic

Romello Gaghan 2

Romello Gaghan 2

No Descriptor
★★★★★
If you either: 1. Deny it passionately when people bring it up (irl or online) or 2. embrace it to the point that it becomes a major part of your identity.

From my admittedly crude but still valid observations: true autistics are never lukewarm about their condition. Fake autistics aka attention seekers (seriously why the fuck would you want to label yourself with a highly disadvantageous disorder just to be edgy or have an excuse for something?) also tend to take the second route I listed, so be careful when distinguishing who's who, if you care about this subject enough to want to try.

I'm schyzo, not autist

H F Autism doesnt exist

Many BAP´s and people who are semi-functional are often in denial. Those who are not functional more readily accept their condition. That is my experience.

Many hypochondriacs believe they have autism, because they recognize a slight autistic trait or two in themselves. But almost all people on this planet have a quirk or two.

I was on both ends, when my therapists announced that I might be autistic I denyed it to the point that he no longer brought it up. It was after a while I began to accept it as a part of my identity.
Ugly=autistic

Well someone suggested I was but I didn’t buy it....

Many BAP´s and people who are semi-functional are often in denial. Those who are not functional more readily accept their condition. That is my experience.

Many hypochondriacs believe they have autism, because they recognize a slight autistic trait or two in themselves. But almost all people on this planet have a quirk or two.
what's a BAP?

what's a BAP?
Some people have autism or related conditions. The present paper is not primarily about them. But then there are those who have more autistic traits than the average person, while still not qualifying for a diagnosis. The latter category is often referred to as the “broader autism phenotype” (BAP; Ingersoll and Wainer, 2014). More people are assumed to belong in this category, thus having “subclinical” autistic traits, than those who have full-blown autism (see Baron-Cohen, 2008). Given that in the USA, one boy in 42 and one girl in 189 are now assumed to have an autism spectrum disorder (Baio, 2014), the subclinical group could be quite substantial.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5005963/

I'm a BAP I guess. Just enough autism to make sure I can't succeed and get people to like me but not enough to be able to use it as an excuse (even though I do these days).

Some people have autism or related conditions. The present paper is not primarily about them. But then there are those who have more autistic traits than the average person, while still not qualifying for a diagnosis. The latter category is often referred to as the “broader autism phenotype” (BAP; Ingersoll and Wainer, 2014). More people are assumed to belong in this category, thus having “subclinical” autistic traits, than those who have full-blown autism (see Baron-Cohen, 2008). Given that in the USA, one boy in 42 and one girl in 189 are now assumed to have an autism spectrum disorder (Baio, 2014), the subclinical group could be quite substantial.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5005963/
sounds like a stretch on what autism is tbh

sounds like a stretch on what autism is tbh
If Kannerian autism is your baseline, then yes.

To me, "mind-blindness" is the core symptom of autism and this is observed in many people on the BAP-part of the spectrum.

who cares lol, if anyone wants to think of himself as autistic let him. I'm apathetic toward the label, I think I'm just poorly socialized with "quirky" interests. Clearly the psychologists that evaluated me thought differently though

Ugly= autist
Autist=ugly
And vice verca

Aspergercel here, I think that I'm not acting very autistic. I'm just loner who cannot get along with 98% of people.

I have autism and have been diagnosed with it ever since I was 2, I just embrace it at this point.