Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I am against ANIME ... because in youth it gave me false sense of hope

latin_elioth

latin_elioth

Hope is the worst of all evils
-
In my youth as a Latin American boy, I used to be a very fan of Anime (otaku level).

I used to spent hours watching series and AMV's, fascinated how in every anime at the end, the protagonist ALWAYS GET THE GIRL. No matter how much they hate each other at the beginning of the series, they always got in love at the end, or how the cute shy girls confess to the loner protagonist.

All those plots about teen love lure me into a fake sense of hope, that no matter how dire the situation was for me, I always have to be hopeful and do my best to find love, and that someday I would find some special, and all that rainbow bullshit.

Now I must be honest I don't watch anime anymore. I think the last anime that a watched was years ago, mushishi, and has 0 plots about love.
But yeah that is the reason I kind of resentful against anime

Most media does this not necessarily just anime, I get where you are coming from though, however, I still like anime

>I don't like anime thread #3343566043453535^2

if you get 100% blackpilled you will rope

It sucks ngl even the darkest, goriest, most violent series end up being a bunch of bluepilled garbage that leave you with a bad taste of mouth and a sense of disappointment. Tho I don't think I've watched enough anime to really express an opinion about this matter tbh, I'm sure there must be a bunch of blackpilled series or even masterpieces like "Death Note" that I'm yet to find.

I mainly against anime because it sells you false expectations of society, foids, japan, etc. You should always keep in mind that the reason why it is what it is is not because it reflects some part of society, but specifically because the real society fails to deliver what many young men want so imaginary worlds where foids are sweet and feminine, actually have brains, fall in love with you etc etc become very attractive to them.

Last edited:
I mainly against anime because it sells you false expectations of society, foids, japan, etc. You should always keep in mind that the reason why it is what it is is not because it reflects some part of society, but specifically because the real society fails to deliver what many young men want so imaginary worlds where foids are sweet and feminine, actually have brains, fall in love with you etc etc become very attractive to them.
Very interesting comment, I wished I understood this back in those days.

I wouldn't say it gave me a false sense of hope, but yeah, it made me want romance and sex more because of the idealistic portrait of it in many anime.

I had lost hope in myself way before I started watching anime

in which anime does the protagonist get the girl? did you watch romance and harems?

This is very based ngl. I was never very fond of anime myself, but I know a friend who's extremely bluepilled and alienated because of them. This shit can destroy all ounces of masculinity in a man.

same. slice of life animes totally ruined me
i never was much into harem anime but i did watch a few as a kid.

they all ruined me. thinking i was the center of my own story and would eventually come into an adventure of my own or have good memories when i get older. friends. family. love. passion. none of that happened.

anime used to get me so excited as a youth. now i can watch current anime or past anime and just get so bitter and angry that nothing is fucking realistic and none of the bullshit that is written ever happens to good people. it's always the guy that was an asshole that gets a redemption arc (i.e. vegeta) and has the best fucking life ever. or the fucking nerd of the group props up the Chad MC and then he is forgotten about and nobody gives a fucking shit about him ever again and it's a gag that he is a weird loser as an adult

let people cope however they want to cope imo

it gave me false sense of hope​

The whole point of stuff like this and santa and god is so children don't rope, you're around to enjoy more sophisticated entertainment as a result of it, and can still enjoy simple bluepill plots with nostalgia.

What had me fucked up as a kid was Hunchback of Notre-Dame. Blackpilled me into realizing no matter how good you are, how wonderful your intentions are, you'll get straight up ignored if you're ugly, even in the happy world of Disney. Damn, a guy can't even get escapism.

In my youth as a Latin American boy, I used to be a very fan of Anime (otaku level).

I used to spent hours watching series and AMV's, fascinated how in every anime at the end, the protagonist ALWAYS GET THE GIRL. No matter how much they hate each other at the beginning of the series, they always got in love at the end, or how the cute shy girls confess to the loner protagonist.

All those plots about teen love lure me into a fake sense of hope, that no matter how dire the situation was for me, I always have to be hopeful and do my best to find love, and that someday I would find some special, and all that rainbow bullshit.

Now I must be honest I don't watch anime anymore. I think the last anime that a watched was years ago, mushishi, and has 0 plots about love.
Most Anime is literally escapism, blah blah muh teen love blah blah. You're looking at anime in the wrong way if you try to relate it to real life, all of the girls in anime are pure, and approach the main character with pure intentions. Anime has nothing to do with reality, it's 2D for a reason. :feelstastyman:

Cant you guys understand 2d > 3d, this is why so many incels here are miserable because they cannot 2d cope unlike Jap or eastern aisan incels.

Anime is strange for one I know the romance storylines can never happen. But I also know chad won’t get them either cause, somehow it’s more satisfying to self insert that way.

they all ruined me. thinking i was the center of my own story and would eventually come into an adventure of my own or have good memories when i get older. friends. family. love. passion. none of that happened.
Exactly this.

if you get 100% blackpilled you will rope
or transcend to the whitepill, which is full acceptance of one's own doom

the chance of roping is much higher tho