Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I can hardly enjoy video games anymore, and I'm terrible at them

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
Video games just aren't that enjoyable to me now. It doesn't help that I'm fucking beyond awful at most of them, despite having been playing since I was a kid. If I find myself trying to play something, I'll either get bored or(depending upon the game) keep dying to the same shit over and over making little to no progress, alt f4, and then 10 minutes later launch the game again and repeat the process.

Most of the games which I can play competently don't even require skill, just game knowledge, stuff like Crusader Kings 2, Hearts of Iron 3/4, Rimworld, Aurora 4x, and various turn based/semi turn based strategy games are good examples of what I mean. The problem is that I have a ridiculous amount of hours on games that I actually like to play, and as a result they have grown stale for me. Whenever I play shit that takes precision, I can almost give a games journalist a run for their money in levels of incompetence.

I'm genuinely terrible at most things, and not particularly good at anything, can't even play most video games remotely well. My poor coordination is so irritating, it makes most skill based activities varying degrees of both frustrating and counterproductive(at least in respect to coping).

I used to enjoy video games a lot, they were one of my few passions as a kid but I cant enjoy them anymore for some reason. All I can do is rot. :feelsrope:

It is over.

I do not play videogames, this is not a good cope, I can not enjoy them

Reflexes are the first to go when you get old.

I'm not that old though tbh, I just can't steady my hands very well.

How old are you? Even in my 20s I was noticing that my kids cousins and nieces and nephews and so on were all so much better at video games than me.

How old are you? Even in my 20s I was noticing that my kids cousins and nieces and nephews and so on were all so much better at video games than me.
I'm about to turn 25. I mean I'm not saying that it's impossible that my age play a role, but I was always bad at stuff that requires good eye hand coordination, so it's kinda hard to say.

Same bro haven't played in months.

Have you tried osrs?

@Ritalincel

Games are shit for normie cucks nowadays. RIP golden era of gaming from the 90's to mid 00's tbh

i think i just need a new game. i had fun beating rd2 and beat it in like a week.

Video games just aren't that enjoyable to me now. It doesn't help that I'm fucking beyond awful at most of them, despite having been playing since I was a kid. If I find myself trying to play something, I'll either get bored or(depending upon the game) keep dying to the same shit over and over making little to no progress, alt f4, and then 10 minutes later launch the game again and repeat the process.

Most of the games which I can play competently don't even require skill, just game knowledge, stuff like Crusader Kings 2, Hearts of Iron 3/4, Rimworld, Aurora 4x, and various turn based/semi turn based strategy games are good examples of what I mean. The problem is that I have a ridiculous amount of hours on games that I actually like to play, and as a result they have grown stale for me. Whenever I play shit that takes precision, I can almost give a games journalist a run for their money in levels of incompetence.

I'm genuinely terrible at most things, and not particularly good at anything, can't even play most video games remotely well. My poor coordination is so irritating, it makes most skill based activities varying degrees of both frustrating and counterproductive(at least in respect to coping).
bro u wanna play civ 6 with me? Ive been getting into turned based games too

bro u wanna play civ 6 with me? Ive been getting into turned based games too
I don't really like multiplayer tbh, I'm not NT enough for that. I'll literally only play with one online friend who I've known for quite a long time, or I won't communicate at all and I'm the worst teammate that you could ever have.

Anhedonia kills brother

I don't really like multiplayer tbh, I'm not NT enough for that. I'll literally only play with one online friend who I've known for quite a long time, or I won't communicate at all and I'm the worst teammate that you could ever have.
yea same I don't talk when playing multiplayer either. the good thing about civ 6 is that we don't really have to communicate we're playing against each other

anyways if you wanna play send me a pm

I've also lost much of my interest in video games. I'm pretty mediocre at FPS, even though that's the genre of game I've played the most. Strategy games like CK2 and Civ. are too high IQ for me.

Ive havent played video games for years

Maybe you should try indie games.

I've also lost much of my interest in video games. I'm pretty mediocre at FPS, even though that's the genre of game I've played the most. Strategy games like CK2 and Civ. are too high IQ for me.
CK2 isn't really that high IQ tbh, trust me I have thousands of hours played. Of course some starts are going to require you to have a better idea of what you're doing than others, but in general once you understand what to do in a particular situation, the same stuff will work for any other playthrough. The challenge lies in learning the game, not playing it, the same is true for each of the games I mentioned(although rimworld can be a bit more rng heavy depending upon settings).