Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I can't listen to bands like Blink-182 and Sum 41 anymore without suffocating and feeling depressed.

E

Edmund_Kemper

Disregard my larping efforts. I can’t change it.
-
when i was 17/18, i was OBSESSED with blink-182/sum 41 and would listen to them all fucking day (especially blink-182's dude ranch and enema of the state albums) and sum 41's half hour of power. my favorite songs by blink-182 were "anthem", "all the small things", "pathetic", "voyeur" and "dick lips". my favorite songs by sum 41 were "what i believe" and "second chance for max headroom". in 12th grade, i was able to do activities and talk to friends (not girlfriends don't worry fakecel hunters) and do all kinds of fun shit. then as i was about to enter community college my OCD were insane and i got it past me but now covid ruined my chances to enjoy life again, and now i never made a single friend in college. life sucks now. elementary school was my best years though. in 12th grade i tried to dress and act like blink-182 and jestermaxx all the fuckin time.

now if i listen to a blink-182/sum 41 song i will literally become depressed because i'll miss HS but be depressed also over missing out on a social life and making friends in college. after college, people don't make friends as easily and partying is gone and after your early 20s you don't get to act like a retarded drool monkey anymore and get away with it. and everyone becomes homebodies who don't wanna go out and have fun and be mentally retarded.

i can listen to sum 41's does this look infected CD because it's angry but there's a couple songs i still avoid like all messed up because it has a happy sound.

@Mainländer @RREEEEEEEEE

Dude Ranch was one of the first albums I ever bought, “pathetic”, “dick lips” and “Untitled” are some of my fav. I get depressed when listening cuz in the 90s I was so young and happy but I still jam that album

blink 182 and sum 41 are Chad bands tbh
they sing about coming of age and making teenage experiences, something we could never do.
listen to TOOL instead

Last edited:
everyone becomes homebodies who don't wanna go out and have fun and be mentally retarded.
Lifefuel if that were tru. Normies finally stopping the game and make us feel "normal" would be great...

But degenerates now can stay degenerates until 40 thanks to the "progress" meme. The single mom and childish adult normies you see everywhere are a symptom of that, they are the new normal.

Yes I listen those musics too but I was always at home

they sing about coming of age and making teenage experiences, something we would never do.
listen to TOOL instead
Or listen to based satanic black metal, songs about human sacrifice are less horrifying than having to face the fact that your youth was a mistake.

they sing about coming of age and making teenage experiences, something we would never do.
listen to TOOL instead
i could relate to their lyrics despite being a happy incel in 12th grade. now i can't listen to it or i'll rope.

korn is a good band to try
Dude Ranch was one of the first albums I ever bought, “pathetic”, “dick lips” and “Untitled” are some of my fav. I get depressed when listening cuz in the 90s I was so young and happy but I still jam that album
i bought dude ranch as a CD on amazon and would listen to it on my CD walkman in the 2010s. (yes in the 2010s)

Only ever heard like 5 songs from sum 41. Never liked them. Blink 182 I could listen to now I think if I wanted to, but I haven't heard their stuff in a long time. I've gone back to listening most of the stuff I listened to as a child.

@Robtical you listened to blink

I like The Offspring a lot more.

they sing about coming of age and making teenage experiences, something we could never do.
Brutal. It's true. Also, all the members are gl and Tom and Mark are tall af.

There are many good songs but I honestly think they were either entirely made by or at least heavily polished by their producer. Look at the songs before the producer came into the picture and the newest ones. They are nowhere near the quality of the songs from the Enema of the State or Take Off Your Pants and Jacket albums.

I have also stopped listening (at least mostly) to many bands I liked because the lyrics hurt me. The Muffs (foid singer and songwriter, most lyrics are obvious about much better-looking than me men), Deftones (sexual lyrics), Arctic Monkeys (this one is the worst: pretty boy statusmaxxed singer singing about casual sex with young groupies who want to know him better after sex but he cuts them off).

Last edited:
@Robtical you listened to blink
Carousel, emo, degenerate, dumpweed, voyeur, going away to college, and aliens exist are my favorite songs by them.

It's a really good song but normies playing it too much made me not like it as much.
Yeah Iktf. When people only play the singles nonstop it makes you like the other more obscure songs more after a while (unless only the singles are good anyway, which is the case for many bands).

Yeah Iktf. When people only play the singles nonstop it makes you like the other more obscure songs more after a while (unless only the singles are good anyway, which is the case for many bands).
Something makes me automatically not like a song as much when I find out it's popular.

I like a lot of obscure songs from popular bands/artists.

For instance, this song by Dave Grohl is amazing. But he never played it live or anything. It's way, way better the newer Foo Fighters stuff, which is very popular.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDjJj6zn_sE

I like the chorus of it. Songs from famous artists that aren't popular are still good. Sometimes bands don't play a lot of their older songs.

Sometimes bands don't play a lot of their older songs.
I can understand it but after some decades all bands tend to become significantly worse.

I can understand it but after some decades all bands tend to become significantly worse.
You'd think they get better, but all artists and bands suck more as they age. I think it's because they're already rich and don't feel the need to put in lots of effort to sell their new albums.

You'd think they get better, but all artists and bands suck more as they age. I think it's because they're already rich and don't feel the need to put in lots of effort to sell their new albums.
I think it's several factors. Money creating comfort in opposition to the struggles of the beginning phase which translates into more raw emotions, age, marrying and settling down and above all just the chemistry being over. After many decades, artists usually face the decision between keeping doing the same style over and over, which usually gets tiresome, boring and repetitive, or innovating, which frequently doesn't go well either.

The best bands ever were brief IMO. Nirvana, the Beatles, etc. They stopped at their apex.

If you see bands like Green Day for instance, they had a beginning phase (which was the best one IMO; the first compilation album and Kerplunk!), then they get to the apex of their succeess (Dookie in the case of Green day), then they kept doing that formula for a couple of albums (Imsoniac, Nimrod. Shenanigans), got tired of it and started to try new things (which kinda worked for American Idiot, which has some good songs IMO, but didn't work at all in their 21st Century Breakdown album, in which they try to do calm, piano-centered pieces which are nothing like their original style and didn't work). Then they tried to go back to the origins with the Uno, Dos, Tres albums but that didn't work either. These songs suck in comparison to the old ones. And this last album is even worst, it sounds like pop, nothing like OG Green Day, it's really bad IMO.

They are all old and married, etc, they are nothing like the high school incels that formed the band and singed about their onitises.

Last edited:
I think it's several factors. Money creating comfort in opposition to the struggles of the beginning phase which translates into more raw emotions, age, marrying and settling down and above all just the chemistry being over. After many decades, artists usually face the decision between keeping doing the same style over and over, which usually gets tiresome, boring and repetitive, or innovating, which frequently doesn't go well either.

The best bands ever were brief IMO. Nirvana, the Beatles, etc. They stopped at their apex.

If you see bands like Green Day for instance, they had a beginning phase (which was the best one IMO; the first compilation album and Kerplunk!), then they get to the apex of their succeess (Dookie in the case of Green day), then they kept doing that formula for a couple of albums (Imsoniac, Nimrod. Shenanigans), got tired of it and started to try new things (which kinda worked for American Idiot, which has some good songs IMO, but didn't work at all in their 21st Century Breakdown album, in which they try to do calm, piano-centered pieces which are nothing like their original style and didn't work). Then they tried to go back to the origins with the Uno, Dos, Tres albums but that didn't work either. These songs suck in comparison to the old ones. And this last album is even worst, it sounds like pop, nothing like OG Green Day, it's really bad IMO.

They are all old and married, etc, they are nothing like the high school incels that formed the band and singed about their onitises.
High iq. Once they get married they lose their talent because they can't get motivation from fucking groupies anymore, and they're constantly worried about getting divorce raped by their wives. Having too much stress is bad for creativity.

It's hard to listen to bands like Slayer, Ministry, and GreenDay anymore especially after they have all gone full global-homo becoming a bunch of politically Marxist faggots. Every time a band I use to listen to gets political and becomes global-homo I immediately delete them off my MP3 music list, I then proceed to purge them from memory. It has to be done, they'll be silent politically if they know what's good for them otherwise they'll lose fan base.

Those songs give me nostalgia for things that never happened

Chads and stacies fuckin love blink 182.

You hear that shit being played by them everywhere. Its fuckin annoying tbh.

I prefer to listen to EDM because I'm ugly and introverted.

Everytime I happen to meet someone who listens to EDM, they are outcasts in SOME way. Either they are autistic, ugly, high iq, introverted etc...
They are outcasts in one way or another, thats why they listen to EDM because no one listens to EDM that is normal.

I mean, it's a no-brainer when it was that popular back in the day and all members are tall and gl.
Yep even girls who liked Britney or NSYNC liked blink-182 but these same girls thought korn was noise

Yep even girls who liked Britney or NSYNC liked blink-182 but these same girls thought korn was noise
Korn is too heavy to be really mainstream. Metal (and nu metal for that matter) will always be a niche.

Korn is too heavy to be really mainstream. Metal (and nu metal for that matter) will always be a niche.
Korn was huge. They went 5x platinum on follow the leader and 3x platinum on issues and both albums hit #1. Untouchables hit #2 but that’s because of the Eminem show being at #1

Korn was huge. They went 5x platinum on follow the leader and 3x platinum on issues and both albums hit #1. Untouchables hit #2 but that’s because of the Eminem show being at #1
Yeah, some metal and nu metal bands made it big, like Metallica, SOAD and Korn, but I mean, it's not the type of music pretty much anyone will enjoy like some generic pop or light pop rock. A significant part of the population will always reject it.

Last edited:
Yeah, some metal and nu metal bands made it big, like Metallica, SOAD and Korn, but I mean, it's not the type of music pretty much anyone will enjoy like some generic pop or light pop rock. A significant part of the population will always reject it.
Nowadays yes but back then it was still easy to find a nu metal fan

black album is one of the biggest albums of all time (16x platinum)

Because it's all about things you can't relate to if you are involuntarily celibate.

True: chad bands
One of the more brutal pills is that if you were a normie you would still have no problem relating to it. Or if you were just a late bloomer. Incels are neither.

One of the more brutal pills is that if you were a normie you would have no problem relating to it. Or if you were just a late bloomer. Incels are neither.
My normie friend bloomed at 20

I don’t mean to necropost but what year were you born?