Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I completed Persona 4 and I didn't really like it (Spoilers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
As a game its pretty damn good. Like its entertaining in the right way, has good setting and makes you feel rewarded for your effort. Its as people say, a chad simulator/power fantasy for losers who never experienced it.

That said the writing and characterization pissed me off to a point it affects how much I like it.

The main problem is the theme is about "Reaching out to obtain the Truth". Face reality no matter how ugly it is.

The thing is the game is Bluepilled as hell. Even amongst other Persona or weeb game. Its some how manages to have a more unrealistic setting than one that features fighting the embodiment of Death or Nyarlathotep coming back as Hitler with Nazi Robots.

Everything is so fucking idealized. The MC which you play as is already almost 6ft in Japan and is already taller than almost everyone in the village setting Not to mention its assumed he's handsome af so basically every character exists to suck your dick. In other words the MC is a gary stu. Even in real life, a Gigachad probably doesn't have such a perfect life.

It is assumed if we use the anime as canon, he's Mr perfect. He basically spends all his time talking to other people to complete their "social link" sidequests, solve all the problems, fight monsters after school and is still able to be first in the class when it comes to grades. To do this in game is very hard on your first playthrough and even then you need to use a guide coz you basically must have a perfect schedule were every action chosen is the correct one. In other words omnipresence.

Characters are literally 1-D walking tropes who exist to suck your dick as I mentioned before. You see their shadows and its not really brought up much again. In fact the main cast has very little character development because of game design. Most of their character development is locked behind "social link" sidequests. So the allies you see at the start will act pretty much the same at the end. Its not like they are much better after those sidequests. For example Yukiko and Rise talk about not wanting to do their original jobs of being heir to famous inn/idol. However because this is a optional sidequest, that's too much change that will need to change the entire script of the main story and also the sequels. Therefore they will decide at the end they actually wanted to do their original jobs all along coz this time they realized they wanted to do it all along! WOW! That way it will not affect the main story.

Also the characters act like retards. Naoto, the supposed genius detective prince couldn't be bothered to set up any traps or cameras in her own home when she used herself as bait?

Now lets get to probably the most infamous and therefore relevant part to this forum. The antagonist Adachi.
Btw he wasn't even supposed to be the villain but it worked out quite well in the end.

Basically he is the "incel"/Joker villain. He was some guy that was very good at studying so he got into a good uni and eventually the police. However he wasn't that talented like our Gary Stu MC who could do studying + everything else. So when Adachi entered the police force he simply wasn't good enough. In the workforce, you need to also manage your relationships well as well as knowing how to act "smart" in the work environment. Since Adachi only knew how to study, he got fucked by office politics the moment he made a mistake and didn't know anyone to defend him or even how to defend himself. So despite working so hard, it didn't help in his career and he was transferred to the boonies our MC is in. When you get forcefully transferred from the head office to a very small branch, it pretty much means your career has hit the ceiling and you go no further. So after finding out his hard work was for nothing, he becomes very cynical and jaded. He stops putting in effort into his work because he doesn't give a fuck anymore. Whats the point?When you reach close to your 30s and find out you've hit your limit, you probably will understand him better.

Anyway Adachi basically finds out he also has special powers like the MC and kills 2 foids with it. He then causes all the trouble that the MC crew has to solve. Unlike other JRPG games where the villain is some god or whatever, he is just some pissed off jaded guy. So he has no grand plan or whatever. He did it because he was bored and probably angry at life. Now we have the famous scene:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8wxNNXd0lA

Adachi claims that the world sucks and is unfair. That the people who succeed are those that have "talent" and everyone else is fucked. Therefore shouldn't such a unfair world be removed? Of course it doesn't excuse the fact he killed two people and the fact he is going to kill everyone else so naturally you will fight him regardless coz its either him or you that dies. The problem is the team doesn't try to refute him and just goes ad hom. Like they don't acknowledge harsh parts of reality. Its pretty ironic given that at least half of the main cast are the "talented" ones who don't know whats its like to be average (A fucking mainstream Idol, a genius detective, rich heiress, a supernatural being and a Gigachad MC) . So they are basically like chads and stacies who try to tell you the world isn't unfair and that hard work did the job when it was really them just being born with the right genetics or "talent" in this case. Whats worse is the game developers say the Heroes were in the right and won the battle of ideals. In reality they couldn't refute Adachi so they just beat him using brute force since they were more "talented" in using magical super powers proving him right that it was "talent" that won out in the end. The system doesn't change and the people who complain about it are clearly the bad guys. Just like Incels huh?

For people who believe in the Blackpill, Persona 4 is trying to Bluepill you while saying its theme is reaching out to the truth. Given how idealized everything is, thats a huge fucking insult you know. If it had a different theme it probably wouldn't hurt as much.

If I didn't come to these type of forums, I would probably like P4 a lot more. Fuck this place for ruining such a game for me lol

Last edited:
brutal, aren't all persona games like this with Gigachad mc? I have been playing good amount of jrpgs and yeah most of them show some blackpill but try forcing bluepill down your throat.

didnt play even once
its a pathetic game , even for incels.
i rather beat women in unseen ways in Postal 2

brutal, aren't all persona games like this with Gigachad mc? I have been playing good amount of jrpgs and yeah most of them show some blackpill but try forcing bluepill down your throat.
P1 and P2 don't have dating sim elements. But lets see

P1: You are simply there to save your school and town getting fucked up. Not much is known about you
P2: There are two games so its a bit hard to explain. But basically there's no way out for the MC. He's massively fucked and kinda emotionally defeated
P3: The MC is an orphan who watched his parents die in a burning car crash and is emotionally scarred. He is forced to sacrifice himself for the world
P4: Some dude comes to town and everyone sucks his dick. When he leaves they all cry coz they can't suck his dick anymore

Yeah... Even amongst Persona games, P4 is on another level lol. No wonder I don't like it compared to the others.

Last edited:
most japanese media is this stupid, especially these pretentious and acclaimed works "2deep4u" tier. I genuinely don't know if japanese authors are either blackpilled or extremely bluepilled to the point they can't notice these blatant contradictions.

Must be the confucionist mentality kicking in "you're suppose to maintain harmony and sacrifice yourself, even if such system is unfair to you, for the greater good" :feelstastyman:

Last edited:
Whats worse is the game developers say the Heroes were in the right and won the battle of ideals. In reality they couldn't refute Adachi so they just beat him using brute force since they were more "talented" in using magical super powers proving him right that it was "talent" that won out in the end.
This trope unfortunately appears in most western fantasy and shonen series

Yea, what op describes honestly sounds just like P5. The game is fun but I can't really take much from the story.

most japanese media is this stupid, especially these pretentious and acclaimed works "2deep4u" tier. I genuinely don't know if japanese authors are either blackpilled or extremely bluepilled to the point they can't notice these blatant contradictions.

Must be the confucionist mentality kicking in "you're suppose to maintain harmony and sacrifice yourself, even if such system is unfair to you, for the greater good" :feelstastyman:
Don't forget whenever there is some other reality world where everyone is happy, the MC has to destroy it coz its not "real", its "escapism". Everyone has to live miserably.

Don't forget whenever there is some other reality world where everyone is happy, the MC has to destroy it coz its not "real", its "escapism". Everyone has to live miserably.
fuck very common trope in jrpgs and some manga/anime (Naruto shit). alot of times it's clear the villains have better goals than the MCs in these stories

Of course they made the incel guy an irredeemable villain. (Not adachi)

Atlus games are mostly shit tbh

Once you become blackpilled almost everything becomes unenjoyable because you see movies/shows/games/whatever else for what they really and yea persona 4 is pretty damn bluepilled (jrpgs in a nutshell tbh) the only way to enjoy it is to turn off your brain and just imagine yourself as the mc.

But then frankly you run into another hurdle: the mc is a pimp basically and while pretending you're him might be rewarding for some time it's still not real and you're playing a game so it does/can backfire hard.

This scene for example does nothing but make me jealous and piss me off.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDR6K4hH9k

The idea of it is quite tempting. False but tempting nonetheless.

Weeb trash

fuck very common trope in jrpgs and some manga/anime (Naruto shit). alot of times it's clear the villains have better goals than the MCs in these stories
Of course they made the incel guy an irredeemable villain. (Not adachi)
Once you become blackpilled almost everything becomes unenjoyable because you see movies/shows/games/whatever else for what they really and yea persona 4 is pretty damn bluepilled (jrpgs in a nutshell tbh) the only way to enjoy it is to turn off your brain and just imagine yourself as the mc.

But then frankly you run into another hurdle: the mc is a pimp basically and while pretending you're him might be rewarding for some time it's still not real and you're playing a game so it does/can backfire hard.

This scene for example does nothing but make me jealous and piss me off.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BEDR6K4hH9k

The idea of it is quite tempting. False but tempting nonetheless.

piece of shit game for autists