Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I don’t enjoy video games like I used to

Insomniac

Insomniac

ϟϟ A U T I S M ϟϟ
-
Back when I was a kid I used to love video games and played them all the time but now I just don’t receive much pleasure from them. They are more like a chore than a hobby now. Is this normal? Do video games get less fun as you get older? Just sucks that one of my biggest copes is largely ineffective now.

yeah it sucks. i wish i still had that drive to play them but i barely do even though i have a good gaming pc. i waste 90% of my time on the internet these days

depression bro. thats depression.

I can still enjoy PVP games but single player games are almost impossible to complete.

I felt that way too and it all went away once I stopped purchasing western games.

Is this normal?
Mostly yes, things get boring after you do them for a while
Do video games get less fun as you get older?
Some are aimed at younger audiences, some are aimed at older so some get less fun and some get more fun. Videogames went to shit, back when we were kids every game had something that made it unique and fun but today it's all the same bullshit they shit out regularly.

Take a look at Assassin's Creed, the 1st game was unique and interesting when (if) you played it for the 1st time you discovered a whole new gameplay system with fun action and an engaging storyline. Now think about the new AC games, none of them are memorable, none of them offer new challenges and they are expensive games with even more expensive dlc shit, every year they make the same game with different aesthetics. That's what a lot of beloved franchises devolved into, it's just a money scheme with no regard for the consumers. I won't even get into the feminist liberal bs they shoehorn into the games. Videogames have become yet another cash cow for the jews.

I got bored of games mostly because the older I got the more I realized how much of life I'm missing while I sit in my room and play with some imaginary robots or elves or whatever the fuck while everybody else is going out, enjoying themselves and getting laid. Videogames make me feel like a worthless hunchbacked gremlin who obsessively presses buttons in his room.

What Japanese games would you recommended?

Dark Soyls and Bloodborne, and Nioh.

Code Vein is coming soon.

VNs and JRPGs in general.

If a game has waifus it's probably good.

Play older games.

Back when I was a kid I used to love video games and played them all the time but now I just don’t receive much pleasure from them. They are more like a chore than a hobby now. Is this normal? Do video games get less fun as you get older? Just sucks that one of my biggest copes is largely ineffective now.

Being an adult playing video games there's outside messages that you should be doing something better with your time and making money somehow or learning a skill so that plays a large part in cutting the enjoyment down i think.

A kid playing video games, there's no background expectations by society or peers to be doing more so kids are able to soak up the immersion better.

I feel the same way I started realizing this a couple of months ago. As a kid playing video games was such an adventure and fun I would feel butterflies in my stomach just by preparing to play a game of thinking of a game to play when I came home from school now I feel nothing. Recently started playing GTA Vice City again to have something to do also because this was the best GTA game I ever played but I don´t feel excited playing it I just play it to play it.

I fear this will happen to me. It would be my end.

I still enjoy video games. Does any of you play FIFA?

Same. Vidya used to consume my life in my childhood. Maybe we've just become desensitized to them as adults idk

yeah that happened to me when I was about 18-19. i tried to cope by downloading a bunch of emulators and trying to play all the games from my early youth i heard about but never got to play. didnt work.

I think there's a certain mental age you reach where games just aren't immersive anymore. they dont really suck you in like they used to.

I can't wait for RD2 to come out tbh.

yeah that happened to me when I was about 18-19. i tried to cope by downloading a bunch of emulators and trying to play all the games from my early youth i heard about but never got to play. didnt work.

I think there's a certain mental age you reach where games just aren't immersive anymore. they dont really suck you in like they used to.
Old games I used to love are shit now. Controls are shit, gameplay is stale/outdated, visuals are shit. They're worse than modern games and modern games are mostly shit.
The last few games I truly enjoyed all the way through was Red Dead Redemption and Deus Ex HR and that was in 2011 I believe. Also AC2, but that was in 2009 I think. I kind of enjoyed Witcher 3 for the most part, but some parts were a slog and I almost quit in Skellige.

I still play my old games on occasion, but I have no desire to buy new ones

i do nofap partially so i can enjoy games more.

I feel the same.

I think the problem is that we have simply spent so much time with them that there isn't really anything new to experience anymore. Plus when you are a kid you have way more energy and are ok with playing the same game for hours and hours on end where as that isn't really the case once you are an adult.