Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I have always talked out loud, even as a kid.

seija

seija

Autistcel & Mentalcel
-
I used to talk out loud as a kid as a way to release stress from my day to day life and my parents have said that I have done this ever since I was little and it hasn't gone away as soon as I got older. Sometimes I would go on full on rants in my house and anger-fuelled rants about my day to day life due to the amount of stress I get from school. I'm trying to suppress the talking in public and sometimes at my home because whenever I do it and I'm having conversation with myself. I'm only able to suppress this in public. I sometimes do this as a way to entertain myself when I'm bored to talk to myself about unrealistic, unimaginable scenarios that are so specific and impossible that would only happen to me or to my friend. Sometimes I would talk to myself to think of ideas and shit, like how to reply to threads and how to start threads. Its just a general way for me think of ideas and express my thoughts but I want to talk to myself in my mind, not out loud. I'm surprised that nobody has called a noise complaint on me yet.

Well, I sound and look like someone with schizophrenia in public, I used to mumble and talk under my breathe quite a bit and people in public would be disturbed whenever I would do it so I would just stop and then do it a few minutes later about something else. This is mostly because this one time I was talking to myself and probably mumbling under my breath and when I stopped when this elderly man looked at me strangely, like there was something wrong with me. My parents think this is completely normal though.

How do I stop this habit altogether? I can imagine a scenario of me doing this in my future workplace, ranting about some bullshit then being taken away to be diagnosed with some sort of disorder or taking anger management classes. Then taking some shitty medication meant to numb my thoughts by a therapist who doesn't care about me and my parents having to pay for sessions and medication. I don't want to financially screw my parents because of something that can easily be controlled and prevented in the first place.

Last edited:
Have you tried talking to yourself in your head? I usually have stuff to say but I end up just talking to myself in my head, instead of saying stuff outloud.

Have you tried talking to yourself in your head? I usually have stuff to say but I end up just talking to myself in my head, instead of saying stuff outloud.
Yes, I do talk to myself in my head in public. I speak out loud whenever I'm inside of my house.

Yes, I do talk to myself in my head in public. I speak out loud whenever I'm inside of my house.
Maybe its because you feel safer at home. I don't mumble when I am alone but I do say things when playing video games or find something funny. Its kind of weird if you have a uncontrollable urge to speak your thoughts outloud. But I don't think its that serious some people are just more outward with their expressions, people do this on the bus all the time.

i have as well man, must be a sperg trait

Disturbing normies like this is a good thing

If you were good looking you would have foids getting wet over how quirky and emotional you are

If you were good looking you would have foids getting wet over how quirky and emotional you are
I'm not that good looking because I still have horrible facial hair and the face that of a grumpy child.

I also talked out loud as a kid, but I don't do it any longer though.

That sucks bro thankfully I never talk at all

I sometimes mumble but thats about it