Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope I hope i can fix my attention span

Blacktarpill

Blacktarpill

The pp183 theory
-
I dont have ADHD, i hope. Im shit at studying properly and my university is gonna start in a few weeks and on top of that i need to pass my English test before it starts. English test is in 2 weeks and i started doing little practises yesterday. But i realized that im kinda shit at "finishing the work". You probably know what its like, you start doing something and you never finish bec your brain is so addicted to easy happiness.
I don't know if there is a proper term for this but i think my brain is so used to getting dopamine boosts over "easy to achieve" work.
That could be post maxxing, shit posting on this forum, fapping multiple times a day (these days im not that addicted), internet in general. I hope i can adapt. I want to finish the work i start.

My attention span has gone shit over the years. I can say that its mostly bec. of internet.
For example; when you read something you don't get an instant dopamine rush. Its a long and harder way to feel happy.
My brain is so used to getting dopamine from very short term things like getting alerts on the forum or watching anime.
Thats why i suck at reading rn, i read 2-3 pages and my hand goes to my phone.
I used to read a lot and i cant believe how bad i've gotten at reading over the years.
I hope i can fix this too.

My attention span is perfect, I think.

Brutally mogged. If i postmaxxed like you i would be a dopamine whore.
From what you’ve said, I think you already are one tbh. The term you’re looking for is instant gratification, by the way.

Last edited:
From what you’ve said, I think you already are one tbh.
:cryfeels: true
Incels

just try you should get better.

I dont have ADHD, i hope. Im shit at studying properly and my university is gonna start in a few weeks and on top of that i need to pass my English test before it starts. English test is in 2 weeks and i started doing little practises yesterday. But i realized that im kinda shit at "finishing the work". You probably know what its like, you start doing something and you never finish bec your brain is so addicted to easy happiness.
I don't know if there is a proper term for this but i think my brain is so used to getting dopamine boosts over "easy to achieve" work.
That could be post maxxing, shit posting on this forum, fapping multiple times a day (these days im not that addicted), internet in general. I hope i can adapt. I want to finish the work i start.

My attention span has gone shit over the years. I can say that its mostly bec. of internet.
For example; when you read something you don't get an instant dopamine rush. Its a long and harder way to feel happy.
My brain is so used to getting dopamine from very short term things like getting alerts on the forum or watching anime.
Thats why i suck at reading rn, i read 2-3 pages and my hand goes to my phone.
I used to read a lot and i cant believe how bad i've gotten at reading over the years.
I hope i can fix this too.
K