Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I just watched The Shawshank Redemption.

• Thread starter Deleted member 24160
  • Start date
Deleted member 24160

Deleted member 24160

Banned
-
And it made me realize a movie like this couldn't be made today. The main message of the movie is hope. Hope is what causes the main character Andy to escape the prison after 20 years of hell, hope is what causes Andy's friend Red to get paroled and meet Andy again and hope is what causes the rest of the characters to keep going through all the horrible things going on. In today's hopeless, depressed and bitter society where the average man hasn't felt happiness in years let alone hope, this movie would get laughed out of theaters. On a side note, watch this movie if you get a chance it's amazing.

On a side note, watch this movie if you get a chance it's amazing.

you kinda spoiled it already though kek

I started writing a comment about how based he was to kill his wife and the guy he was cheating with. But I wasn't sure if that's what happened so I googled it and apparently he didn't do it. My memory sucks.

Anyhow, imagine being in that situation. Idk if killing them outright makes a lot of sense. The best thing to do is financially secure yourself for the divorce, slowly move your money out etc... And bide your time. Research poison or some other way to kill someone and make it look like an accident. And then years later, when no one will suspect you, that's when you make your move.

Of course, in that scenario you'd be angry and irrational so it would take a very calculated and calm mind to keep yourself composed enough to not act rashly.

Good movie but extremely unrealistic

I personally don't like this movie. It's sentimental and the concept of hope is somewhat bluepilled in itself. I felt embarrassed when Andy played the classical music for all the prisoners.

I personally don't like this movie. It's sentimental and the concept of hope is somewhat bluepilled in itself. I felt embarrassed when Andy played the classical music for all the prisoners.
Why? And your proving my point.

Most media today tries to promote hope in more or less direct ways, with the sole purpose of getting the cog in the machine to do its job.

Why? And your proving my point.
It doesn't match my worldview. Normally, this isn't a problem, but I think the humanist way of thinking is very hypocritical. A humanist simultaneously thinks people are essentially good but also that evil people exist and should be punished in the harshest way. The warden dies because he's evil, but the rest of the movie seems to be advocating for a forgiving spirit. It reminds me of virtue signaling. I get the sense that Stephen King and Frank Darabont have the idea that human life is valuable in itself, which I disagree with.

Hope, luck, and such, they all end when mathematic starts.

And it made me realize a movie like this couldn't be made today. The main message of the movie is hope. Hope is what causes the main character Andy to escape the prison after 20 years of hell, hope is what causes Andy's friend Red to get paroled and meet Andy again and hope is what causes the rest of the characters to keep going through all the horrible things going on. In today's hopeless, depressed and bitter society where the average man hasn't felt happiness in years let alone hope, this movie would get laughed out of theaters. On a side note, watch this movie if you get a chance it's amazing.
It was a pretty good film tbh

I’ve seen that movie

Now watch Seven if you haven't

There was hope for average men in 1994 when Shawshank was filmed.

Things have changed a lot in 26 years. A lot of men feel trapped in prison even though they aren't in prison. Some men have a better time in jail than being free.

The ending of that movie is literally what ascending to heaven must feel like, don't know how they conveyed it so well.

The shawshank redemption is a movie explaining an alchemical process of escaping an illusory prison world. The prison warden represents the forces of despair/darkness (in contrast to hope) whereas Morgan (((Freeman))) and the protagonist represent hope. Hope here is not meant as signifying ascending sexually in this world but to ascend to a higher plane of existence than this world which is seen as illusory. Getting to their destination (the beach) is a symbolism of arriving at the world of light (oneness), awakening from their slumber to the real world. Many other hollywood movies have this message embedded, see 2001 space odyssey, cast away, the matrix, the shining and many more.