Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I know two languages. Is it worth learning more?

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
I know german (native) and english (somewhere between good and very good)

I thought about learning another language but i think to myself, is it really worth trying to learn a new language at the age of 27?

Learn spanish or chinese, these are most profitable after english and german.

Dekim said:
Learn spanish or chinese, these are most profitable after english and german.

how difficult is chinese for us westerners?

grayjedi90 said:
how difficult is chinese for us westerners?

If you got good memory you'll do fine. The language is simple, memorizing all the symbols so you can read/right is hard.

Dekim said:
If you got good memory you'll do fine. The language is simple, memorizing all the symbols so you can read/right is hard.

is japanese that much different or is it similar?

grayjedi90 said:
is japanese that much different or is it similar?

Japanese is easier, but very much useless outside of Japan. Korean is also easier compared to chinese, but again... useless outside of Korea.

Depends on if learning a specific language would be beneficial to your career / side jobs.

If not, why do you want to learn a new language? If it's fun to you then it's obviously worth it.

Je ne suis pas stupide. Je suis intelligente et très intéressant.

Rójj said:
Learn Mongolian

Nah i think it will be spanish ola xD seems more useful to me

grayjedi90 said:
Nah i think it will be spanish ola xD seems more useful to me

Its Hola, but yea... if its not a foreign word you dont read the h.

nausea said:

bleah

lol I agree

I don't know what it is, sometimes french sounds ok and nice but most of the time it just sounds totally gay

grayjedi90 said:
I don't know what it is, sometimes french sounds ok and nice but most of the time it just sounds totally gay

tu meurs

Knowing 2 languages in modern times isn't anything special, everybody does. I think that 3 is the minimum to be considered smart.

Akarin said:
Knowing 2 languages in modern times isn't anything special, everybody does.

Repeat that for me.

Akarin said:
I think that 3 is the minimum to be considered smart.

????

Akarin said:
Not being able to communicate in at least 2 languages = retardation

What planet do you live on?

For people in the US, there is no need to know any other language besides English.

Rójj said:
What planet do you live on?

For people in the US, there is no need to know any other language besides English.

Murrica is the most stupid country in the 1st world so it doesn't quite surprise me.

Akarin said:
Murrica is the most stupid country in the 1st world so it doesn't quite surprise me.

Tu meurs

Please.

Akarin said:

I agree. I was there two years ago and i tell you i couldn't live in that latestage capitalism hell. Never have i seen more arrogant, entitled and whiney people like many of the americans especially the poorer ones. Also i don't like their dog eats dog and im the only thing that is important fuck everyone else mentality. Here in europe people work together to better themselves as a whole but america the only thing that seems important is your success and your money. I also was shocked that many need to have 2 or 3 jobs lol, here in europe having 2 jobs is not that common for most people. Just lol at all those americans with 3 jobs who can't pay bills and shit while stiil believing in the "american dream" that they will become rich someday.

If you're not actively trying to learn 5 or more languages, you're volcel.

grayjedi90 said:
I agree. I was there two years ago and i tell you i couldn't live in that latestage capitalism hell. Never have i seen more arrogant, entitled and whiney people like many of the americans especially the poorer ones. Also i don't like their dog eats dog and im the only thing that is important fuck everyone else mentality. Here in europe people work together to better themselves as a whole but america the only thing that seems important is your success and your money. I also was shocked that many need to have 2 or 3 jobs lol, here in europe having 2 jobs is not that common for most people. Just lol at all those americans with 3 jobs who can't pay bills and shit while stiil believing in the "american dream" that they will become rich someday.

It's every man for himself. Teamwork and community is for moralfag religious nuts

I know French, English, Dutch and a bit of Hindi.
I want to learn Arabic too.

Rójj said:
It's every man for himself. Teamwork and community is for moralfag religious nuts

Yeah that's why america has one of the biggest drug and crime problem since ever, shows how good it works i guess lol

grayjedi90 said:
Yeah that's why america has one of the biggest drug and crime problem since ever, shows how good it works i guess lol

It doesn't work good. I never said that. Why would I want it to work?

Rójj said:
It doesn't work good. I never said that. Why would I want it to work?

Because a society should be functional. Who wants to live in a fucked up society?

If you want to know how good a society is look at how they treat the most unfortunate and poor people.

grayjedi90 said:
Because a society should be functional. Who wants to live in a fucked up society?

Society needs to crumble away into ashes.

Akarin said:
Not being able to communicate in at least 2 languages = retardation

No it doesn't

Akarin said:
you're obviously stupid

How am I the stupid one here? Mexicans in the slums of America speak Spanish and English, but you think they're smarter than the average suburban? Gtfo dumbfuck

Rójj said:
How am I the stupid one here? Mexicans in the slums of America speak Spanish and English, but you think they're smarter than the average suburban? Gtfo dumbfuck

You are right how many languages you can speak isn't really an indicator how smart you are. 

For example if you are bad at learning new languages but you are a genius in math, physics. Does that make you dumb? No

grayjedi90 said:
Rójj said:
You are right how many languages you can speak isn't really an indicator how smart you are.
For example if you are bad at learning new languages but you are a genius in math, physics. Does that make you dumb? No
beautiful avatar

Es importante que tratas de enseñar el español porque las latinas son calientes.

SMAN1997 said:
Es importante que tratas de enseñar el español porque las latinas son calientes.
spanish language is crap