Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I lost all motivation

LibreForAll

LibreForAll

Greycel
I just can't do it anymore, I used to kind of meander and barely make it thru HS academically wise, I went to another HS after that for a higher diploma but failed, cuz it was too high pressure for me and I just had no motivation. Idk how I did it back in HS, I'm going to college in like 8 months or some shit. what do you guys do when you lose all motivation to get thru school?

I've been thinking of saving up money to buy ADHD drugs to get me thru study sessions, but that's costly.
@anon1822 thoughts?

I found your motivation in the street.

I know it was yours because your name was printed on it.

You cannot have it back!

I just wanted to let you know so you would stfu and stop looking for it!

IT'S MINE NOW...

I just can't do it anymore, I used to kind of meander and barely make it thru HS academically wise, I went to another HS after that for a higher diploma but failed, cuz it was too high pressure for me and I just had no motivation. Idk how I did it back in HS, I'm going to college in like 8 months or some shit. what do you guys do when you lose all motivation to get thru school?

I've been thinking of saving up money to buy ADHD drugs to get me thru study sessions, but that's costly.
@anon1822 thoughts?
:feelscry:

surgerymaxx is my only motivation to get through college, i'd be rotting otherwise

Well, first of all, your struggles are real and I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. Normies don't understand but school/college can be very tough for some, especially if you have ADHD-like tendencies, it can feel like going to war.

Unfortunately, ADHD medicine doesn't seem like a long-term solution. I mean, it could work if it were cheap, but I understand very well how expensive medicine can be, that's one of the reasons I'm not on anything (other than the fact that this shithole country LITERALLY doesn't have any in stock, it's even illegal iirc god damn shithole). Anyway, since that's not an option, tbh all that's left is the hard road. And I don't really have the right to tell anybody to take the hard road since I've avoided it my whole life. I just took the path of least resistance, lay depressed in bed for years and just "studied" meme degrees that aren't worth shit.

Anyway, while I don't have the right to give advice, I do have an idea on what you should do. The big problem is mustering the energy and motivation, of course. People don't understand how hard just getting out of bed can be, much less actually doing something that requires a fundamental shift in the way you do things. My advice boils down to what NOT to do, really. That's all I can give you. Don't rot. And by that I mean don't stay all day in front of your PC all by yourself. That's what I did for years and years and tbh it does more damage to your life than you can think. Idc if you just go outside and take walks all day or ride a bike or something, as long as you're not rotting in front of your PC you're doing well. Also, don't replace your needs for medicine with alcohol. I fucked my life up beyond measure with alcohol, take my word for it, never ever drink, especially alone. Don't do it.

Well, my advice was useless as usual, but that's all I can give you really. I still have trouble studying, I myself have ADD + depression and others. Over the last few years I stopped studying altogether, and cause it was a meme degree I managed to pull through but the degree is so useless that my lazy ADD ass was able to not study and somehow make it. It's a sickness, really, I wasn't able to study even for 10 minutes, it felt like death to study at all. All I could do was rot in bed with my laptop. So my point is to again, never rot.

Last edited:
Winter is very dark, at least in the northern hemisphere. Try eating D-vitamin. Makes me less depressed.

Well, first of all, your struggles are real and I'm sorry to hear you're going through that. Normies don't understand but school/college can be very tough for some, especially if you have ADHD-like tendencies, it can feel like going to war.

Unfortunately, ADHD medicine doesn't seem like a long-term solution. I mean, it could work if it were cheap, but I understand very well how expensive medicine can be, that's one of the reasons I'm not on anything (other than the fact that this shithole country LITERALLY doesn't have any in stock, it's even illegal iirc god damn shithole). Anyway, since that's not an option, tbh all that's left is the hard road. And I don't really have the right to tell anybody to take the hard road since I've avoided it my whole life. I just took the path of least resistance, lay depressed in bed for years and just "studied" meme degrees that aren't worth shit.

Anyway, while I don't have the right to give advice, I do have an idea on what you should do. The big problem is mustering the energy and motivation, of course. People don't understand how hard just getting out of bed can be, much less actually doing something that requires a fundamental shift in the way you do things. My advice boils down to what NOT to do, really. That's all I can give you. Don't rot. And by that I mean don't stay all day in front of your PC all by yourself. That's what I did for years and years and tbh it does more damage to your life than you can think. Idc if you just go outside and take walks all day or ride a bike or something, as long as you're not rotting in front of your PC you're doing well. Also, don't replace your needs for medicine with alcohol. I fucked my life up beyond measure with alcohol, take my word for it, never ever drink, especially alone. Don't do it.

Well, my advice was useless as usual, but that's all I can give you really. I still have trouble studying, I myself have ADD + depression and others. Over the last few years I stopped studying altogether, and cause it was a meme degree I managed to pull through but the degree is so useless that my lazy ADD ass was able to not study and somehow make it. It's a sickness, really, I wasn't able to study even for 10 minutes, it felt like death to study at all. All I could do was rot in bed with my laptop. So my point is to again, never rot.
Thanks bro, I will remember this advice, hopefully I can make it thru.

Modafinil maybe