Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I loved highschool but i hate college

I wouldn't say I loved high school but I agree that college is worse.

Depends, if you live in the dorms.

It would make sense if you had friends in HS because you turned into incel after puberty, and then when you got to college you were already ugly from the start so no one wanted to be your friend?

Lol sorry, I probably shouldn't assume. What do you hate about college? I honestly prefer it by a mile over high school because while it is intellectually more challenging which means I have to work more, at least I get to set my own schedule, get stipend, explore different subjects and choose my own curriculum, and don't really have to socialize with people much.

idkwattodowithlife said:
Depends, if you live in the dorms.

I lived in the dorms 1st year and forced off this year. Dorms are 1000x better than offcampus at my school. I hate offcampus right now. On campus was much better but college was still trash compared to highschool

With high school I had a decent amount of friends and I could play games due to how easy HW was.

College sucks because unless you are a chad, stacy, or chad-lite you arent going to have a good group of friends especially depending on your major. If you are an incel, better be in engineering (CS is getting flooded with girls and no long a safe haven) or physics. Most colleges are majority women and it fucking SUCKS.

To find incel friends you need to try hard, joining clubs might work like the video game club (cool group of people not a lot of females).

blickpall said:
It would make sense if you had friends in HS because you turned into incel after puberty, and then when you got to college you were already ugly from the start so no one wanted to be your friend?

Lol sorry, I probably shouldn't assume. What do you hate about college? I honestly prefer it by a mile over high school because while it is intellectually more challenging which means I have to work more, at least I get to set my own schedule, get stipend, explore different subjects and choose my own curriculum, and don't really have to socialize with people much.

Nah people are usually friendly with me but in college its like i cant make true friends like i had before. Unlike HS when i could see the same people everyday and for a long period in classes that weren't giant in college its nothing like that. I see them more as acquaintances as I only see them every other day or just randomly. I knew people in my dorm but now that im off campus its just a lonely shitty experience.

Crispr_cas9 said:
With high school I had a decent amount of friends and I could play games due to how easy HW was.

College sucks because unless you are a chad, stacy, or chad-lite you arent going to have a good group of friends especially depending on your major. If you are an incel, better be in engineering (CS is getting flooded with girls and no long a safe haven) or physics. Most colleges are majority women and it fucking SUCKS.

To find incel friends you need to try hard, joining clubs might work like the video game club (cool group of people not a lot of females).

yeah i have no real friends in college other than my roomate and even he has his own group (all curries in comp sci which ive met with and am cool with but i really stand out)

flowerful said:
Nah people are usually friendly with me but in college its like i cant make true friends like i had before. Unlike HS when i could see the same people everyday and for a long period in classes that weren't giant in college its nothing like that. I see them more as acquaintances as I only see them every other day or just randomly. I knew people in my dorm but now that im off campus its just a lonely shitty experience.

Yea, off-campus life is lonely as fuck. Your only option to form lasting relationships is to move into a house that is full of college students (I did this for a few years), or join some sort of club/team/organization (was on a competitive vidya team for a few years, just fucking lol but at least I made great friends).

blickpall said:
Yea, off-campus life is lonely as fuck. Your only option to form lasting relationships is to move into a house that is full of college students (I did this for a few years), or join some sort of club/team/organization (was on a competitive vidya team for a few years, just fucking lol but at least I made great friends).

real as fuck i gotta join a club or something and definitely live on campus if i can. i dont know how people say off campus is fun/good.

flowerful said:
real as fuck i gotta join a club or something and definitely live on campus if i can. i dont know how people say off campus is fun/good.

Well, at least in my area there are two types of "off campus." There is the people that legit commute from a neighboring city, and the people who live in the city where the school is located but a few blocks away from campus, thus "off campus." The latter was a ton of fun because the school couldn't breathe down your neck about any housing bullshit, most of the people were 21+ so drinking buddies, parties would be crazier than anything they would allow on campus with campus police roving around, etc. Also much better than dorms.

Best thing about a club is that if you go there for some activity, like vidya or sports, even if you don't get to socialize/get along with people right away, you can do something you enjoy. I find that you build camaraderie just by having a common goal with someone, even if you have high inhib like me because socialization is no longer the primary reason for the union.

blickpall said:
Well, at least in my area there are two types of "off campus." There is the people that legit commute from a neighboring city, and the people who live in the city where the school is located but a few blocks away from campus, thus "off campus." The latter was a ton of fun because the school couldn't breathe down your neck about any housing bullshit, most of the people were 21+ so drinking buddies, parties would be crazier than anything they would allow on campus with campus police roving around, etc. Also much better than dorms.

Best thing about a club is that if you go there for some activity, like vidya or sports, even if you don't get to socialize/get along with people right away, you can do something you enjoy. I find that you build camaraderie just by having a common goal with someone, even if you have high inhib like me because socialization is no longer the primary reason for the union.

my off campus is literally a 25 minute walk through barren backwater houses and shit tier 3 story apartments to the campus as the school is in the poor rural country side.

flowerful said:
my off campus is literally a 25 minute walk through barren backwater houses and shit tier 3 story apartments to the campus as the school is in the poor rural country side.

That sucks. My off-campus housing was in a suburban area but it was pretty densely packed and downtown was not far; even though the city itself is pretty small and shitty, at least it was a city lol. Just looked up the stats, and it's 56k population (I think that doesn't include the students) with a density of over 10k per square mile LOL.

I love college but hate high school.

As an incel life gets worse

high school was suicide tier. uni has been suicide tier ++

blickpall said:
I honestly prefer it by a mile over high school because while it is intellectually more challenging which means I have to work more, at least I get to set my own schedule, get stipend, explore different subjects and choose my own curriculum, and don't really have to socialize with people much.

Can relate. I hated HS and every day was pure suffering for me. In university I wasn't popular either but at least met a few like-minded people with similar interests. The social hiercarchy and weight of popularity wasn't as profiled as it was in HS either, you could easily be a loner and studycel peacefully for yourself and people wouldn't automatically assume that you were a weirdo.

How can anyone ugly love HS? It was like a maximum security jail for me. Pure hell.