Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I need a new computer. Help me decide.

• Thread starter Deleted member 17811
  • Start date
Deleted member 17811

Deleted member 17811

[MISOGYNIST]™
-
My old computer is a piece of shit. It cost me $1480 2 yrs ago. I purchased it new from JBhiFi, and it is COREi7 and has an AMD radeon graphics card. Now, it is held together with duck and electrical tape, and if I move it, the bottom may fall off, screws fall out, and plastic bits break off on the inside and get caught in the fan.
IMG 20191116 231113

IMG 20191116 231120

I'll keep it as a desktop and never move it from that position.

I'm looking for a replacement. My budget is $1500 but I'd rather go cheakskate and get a used bitch that will last several years. My only requirement is to store and play movies, have a USB and ethernet ports, and access the internet.

Gimme some advice on what to get.. I know fuck all about computers.

I need a new comp aswell. Old desktop from like 2012. Seen years of my brutal rage. Can't handle alot of shit.

all my laptops have been shit tbh they break easily

get a used Mac if all u do is browse webpages.

I need a new comp aswell. Old desktop from like 2012. Seen years of my brutal rage. Can't handle alot of shit.
same. I have an old shitbox from 2002, that runs on windows vista, modified it to run on a car battery bank. it still works fine.
edit: the type that has a floppy disk drive, the old style non USB mouse that have a ball in them, and a screen is as fat as a landwhale and has a glass protector.

I never build PC by myself again ever again. I build one PC when I was 16 and it was fucking cancer. Everything was fuckingt breaking I had fucking bluescreen the motherboard was dead had to replace the fucking screws were lost in the bag they didnt come in the fucking bag and none other screws fit so had to tell the fucker on ebay to send me screws or I call ebay on him he didnt send them to me anyway so had to look for them online it was biggest cancer ever to build my pc.

I never do it again.

I rather pay 50$ for somebody to build it for me than build myself. But I always buy graphic card myself because that shit is easy to put inside and people who build PCs always scam the highest on graphic cards maybe RAM too, everything else like cabling and graphic card I let them build for me its the easiest this way and no problems for me no stress no nothing. I recommend u do same unless u on tight budget.

Buy cheap chrome book

Your laptop is very dirty.
It makes me uncomfortable.

table computer is much better than laptop

Desktop is way better. I might get water cooling in a few years.

Been using the same dell desktop since 2009. Windows 7 baby!

Prices in USD. $1500 AUD is around $1023 USD. @freakinasuit you seem to be from Australia or New Zealand as you mentioned JBhiFi.

Best non-expensive but non-shitty laptop

If you think you'd use a touch screen:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-pavilion-laptop-15z-5mu54av-1
Touch screen

Default is 256 GB SSD and 16 GB RAM. Select the 1920 x 1080 touch screen option for a total of $539.99.

If you'd rather have more storage:

https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-laptop-15t-7df84av-1
Storage

Default is 256 GB SSD and 12 GB RAM. Might as well get 16 GB RAM for +$40. Select the 1920 x 1080 non-touch screen option and the 512 GB SSD for a total of $599.99.

If you'd rather spend the least possible for a decent new computer and are okay with less RAM and storage just upgrade the screen for a total of $509.99.

Get the +$30 backlit keyboard if you will find it useful in the dark.

They both seem to have an ethernet port as mentioned in these reviews. Not all new laptops have an ethernet port but you could try using a USB to ethernet adapter for those.
https://www.lifewire.com/hp-pavilion-laptop-15z-touch-review-4686745
https://www.gadgetgestures.com/the-hp-pavilion-15t-laptop-review/83422909

If you found a new or used one that you think is cheaper and good enough for you I still recommend that it doesn't have:
Less than 8 GB of RAM.
Less than 200 GB SDD. SSD is faster and more quiet than HDD.
Less than 1920 x 1080 screen.

CPU/GPU doesn't really matter too much unless you're into gayming or heavy video editing. If it has the features I listed it will probably be good enough for general purposes.

table computer is much better than laptop
Desktop is way better. I might get water cooling in a few years.
Laptop better for LDARing though.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a replacement. My budget is $1500 but I'd rather go cheakskate and get a used bitch that will last several years. My only requirement is to store and play movies, have a USB and ethernet ports, and access the internet.
Those are pretty low requirements. Does it have to be a laptop? What screen size are you looking for? Why does it have to have an ethernet port?

I never build PC by myself again ever again. I build one PC when I was 16 and it was fucking cancer. I rather pay 50$ for somebody to build it for me than build myself. I recommend u do same unless u on tight budget.
BOOOOO!
Building your own PC is the best and it's so easy even foids can do it.

Last edited:
Tablet for watching shit and stuff
Tower PC for gaming