Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I now understand that I wasn't always avoidant.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I'm extremely avoidant of people. Well, I'm kind of an outcast everywhere I go anyway, but even on the few occasions that people do try to be friendly or whatever, I run like hell, I avoid everybdoy.

But I wasn't always like that. When I was a little child I remember being shy and introverted at first, but when I warmed up to someone I truly got super excited and friendly and hyper.

But over the years, negative experiences made me shut out people entirely. To avoid them altogether, to such extremes that I truly never had any friends, not even online. I even avoid people online.

And it's too bad really. Because in my mind I have this image of me truly trusting someone, playing with them and having fun without judgement or sarcasm or betrayal. It would be so fun to just have a best friend you can trust entirely with everything and just have stupid fun together. And yet no such thing can exist, my trust in people is at 0. Maybe I'm too paranoid by now, but I've been made paranoid. Life experiences made me paranoid, trauma made me not trust people so much. It's really weird how I'm so traumatized, usually it happens to people with a bad home life, but my parents were very loving and caring overall.

bad treatment leads to isolation. i feel for you brocel.

I'm extremely avoidant of people. Well, I'm kind of an outcast everywhere I go anyway, but even on the few occasions that people do try to be friendly or whatever, I run like hell, I avoid everybdoy.

But I wasn't always like that. When I was a little child I remember being shy and introverted at first, but when I warmed up to someone I truly got super excited and friendly and hyper.

But over the years, negative experiences made me shut out people entirely. To avoid them altogether, to such extremes that I truly never had any friends, not even online. I even avoid people online.

And it's too bad really. Because in my mind I have this image of me truly trusting someone, playing with them and having fun without judgement or sarcasm or betrayal. It would be so fun to just have a best friend you can trust entirely with everything and just have stupid fun together. And yet no such thing can exist, my trust in people is at 0. Maybe I'm too paranoid by now, but I've been made paranoid. Life experiences made me paranoid, trauma made me not trust people so much. It's really weird how I'm so traumatized, usually it happens to people with a bad home life, but my parents were very loving and caring overall.
Very similar for me. But I think that is also part of becoming adults, aside the effect SMV has in our ability to relate to people. Adults don't bond as easily as kids or teens.