Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I pirated most of my games all my life but idk why I want to own games on steam lately, even singleplayer ones.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
It makes no sense. In my country the average wage is like $200 or $300 (I'm not even sure, I'll know when I get a job). Nobody in their right mind would want to buy singleplayer games on steam when they can just pirate them if they're from a country like this. But apparently I'm out of my mind.

Idk why. Is is the fact that it tracks my hours played? There are pirated clients for that too. Is it the fact that I can reinstall easily? Maybe, there is one game that I uninstalled and reinstalled like 100 times and I racked up over 100 hours on it. If I had pirated it I would've played it once or twice and never touched it again. Is it the ease of updating? Well, that does apply to a few games but eventually they all stop releasing updates. Is it achievements? Yeah I like achievements.

Idk, it's a mental illness. It's boredom. I'd understand if it was for multiplayer titles that can't be pirated, but for singleplayer? I don't even have friends to play with or show off to so what's the point?

And every time you buy a game, soon after you get obsessed by another. Fucking youtube and its algorithms man. Blasts videos at you non-stop. Now I'm obsessed with Noita, and even though I could pirate it in exactly 5 minutes and have it installed and ready to play, for some reason I want to own it, I don't fucking understand why.

Tbh I myself only pay for games If I think the devs deserve money. Otherwise I pirate them.

If you are able to you should just pirate. Nobody even loses anything. Even if you pirate a game, the developers don’t lose anything since it’s not like you stole something from a store. It’s just a virtual thing.

If you are able to you should just pirate. Nobody even loses anything. Even if you pirate a game, the developers don’t lose anything since it’s not like you stole something from a store. It’s just a virtual thing.
Yeah I don't even care about the morality of pirating. I just feel this very weird need to own a game. It's a mental illness I guess, since I'm generally a minimalist and don't own shit. I guess all I do all day long is search for games to play, and even though no game has interested me in years, feeling like I own the game feels good. Idk, maybe that's not the explanation, but it's so fucking weird, I can't think of why I feel the need to own this shit.
Yes, I will never pay for any newer Bethesda games, but Skyrim deserved the money which is why I paid for it.
I spent more time modding the game than actually playing it. I end up modding for like 3 hours, opening up the game and then deleting it altogether in 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat several times over the years.

This is not true considering the developers need money to make more games, obviously just one person pirating a game does not affect anything but when too many people pirate games it would end up with the developers cancelling an entire game series.

And that's why I pirate every single Ubisoft game, all their games are repetitive and involves SJW bullshit in them.

But when it comes to good developers I actually pay for games.
I spent more time modding the game than actually playing it. I end up modding for like 3 hours, opening up the game and then deleting it altogether in 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat several times over the years.
Why do you get bored so quickly like that? Sounds terrible ngl.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't even care about the morality of pirating. I just feel this very weird need to own a game. It's a mental illness I guess, since I'm generally a minimalist and don't own shit. I guess all I do all day long is search for games to play, and even though no game has interested me in years, feeling like I own the game feels good. Idk, maybe that's not the explanation, but it's so fucking weird, I can't think of why I feel the need to own this shit.
I guess it really is a mental illness. There is no difference in how you have the game. As long as you can play it then it’s good.
This is not true considering the developers need money to make more games, obviously just one person pirating a game does not affect anything but when too many people pirate games it would end up with the developers cancelling an entire game series.

And that's why I pirate every single Ubisoft game, all their games are repetitive and involves SJW bullshit in them.

But when it comes to good developers I actually pay for games.
Most people don’t know how to do it. And the ones who do wouldn’t have bought the game if they couldn’t so the developers won’t lose money.

Bcos we want to feel like we truly own it
(even though we don't truly it)

Bcos we want to feel like we truly own it
(even though we don't truly it)
It's that, huh? I guess it must be, there's no other explanation. I guess the time tracked on steam/ease of reinstall and update/achievements can be the other explanation, but I don't know if that's it.

i'm never gonna give my money to lazy ass developers, shitty sjw cuck agenda, or dlc made during the developements of the game. The only games worth not pirating is from small studios. Also you don't buy the games on steam, you buy a licence to play the game. If you really want to own a game, you need a physical copy.

Why do you get bored so quickly like that? Sounds terrible ngl.
Brain's broken I guess. I posted several times about this. I spend hours every day searching for games, I install one every few days and then I uninstall it in 5 minutes. Also there are times when for a few months I do shit like I install Minecraft + modpacks, I play for 5 minutes then I uninstall. Then I do the same thing the next day (or a few hours later). Over and over and over for months, hundreds of installs. Hundreds.

I've spent years browsing shit, trying to find a game to scratch the itch, to fill the void, and I just end up uninstalling everything.

Well I must pat the back of whoever came up with the nitty gritties of how steam works. They have created a product so good and ubiquitous that pirates actually want to spend money on games. Heck they are compelled psychologically it seems.

Well I must pat the back of whoever came up with the nitty gritties of how steam works. They have created a product so good and ubiquitous that pirates actually want to spend money on games. Heck they are compelled psychologically it seems.
I feel this played a huge part too.

Meh we zoomers are too hyperactive for a game like Morrowind.
Mostly yeah, though that's not the problem I had, I was getting into the game and then I realized there were no quest markers and I didn't know wtf I was supposed to do jfl, I always forget the directions NPC's give me.

It's either that or I'm a very unique kind of retard.

Back in the days players used to write everything on a notebook.
Yeah I know about that, I think Morrowind had a notebook also, it basically gave you directions, problem is the directions were sometimes not true because the devs made a small mistake somewhere in the quest, which would end up ruining your fun jfl.

Yeah I know about that, I think Morrowind had a notebook also, it basically gave you directions, problem is the directions were sometimes not true because the devs made a small mistake somewhere in the quest, which would end up ruining your fun jfl.
They could've made better directions that are memorable. Instead they do a few things I don't like. First, the names. Go to Ahlath lodar and then go through Hatachildonormala and finally you will arrive to the Badun maladar house. Instead of having memorable names, simpler names. Like, the Blue Sparrow or the Dragonslayer plaza or something.

Second they use a lot of north, south, left right shit, instead of using landmarks and memorable things to guide you.
It's okay tho, im kinda worried that TES6 will be shit after microshit bought Bethesda.
It would've been shit either way.

It's okay tho, im kinda worried that TES6 will be shit after microshit bought Bethesda.
It will be shit, it would still be shit even if those cucks over at microsoft didn't buy Bethesda, the writing in general will be cucked because foids and politics in video games.
They could've made better directions that are memorable. Instead they do a few things I don't like. First, the names. Go to Ahlath lodar and then go through Hatachildonormala and finally you will arrive to the Badun maladar house. Instead of having memorable names, simpler names. Like, the Blue Sparrow or the Dragonslayer plaza or something.

Second they use a lot of north, south, left right shit, instead of using landmarks and memorable things to guide you.

It would've been shit either way.
Tbh I think we should have quest markers but they should be optional, like there can still be a notebook giving directions for players who don't want to play with quest markers, but the ones that do want to play with them can simply enable quest markers and avoid the notebook.

based i would definitely pirate games and other media copes

Well i don't know about you but i want to buy games because it helps the devs but also because it makes it much more accessible. Having to find and fondle with cracks get tiresome after a while. There is also the fact that you don't have to worry about any viruses from official distributors like Steam aswell as the fact that you can play MP without jumping over a million hoops.

Make an account on epic store and you get 2 free games every week, I dunno I also like the feel of owning something but I never bought a single game since Sega mega drive 2.

They will ruin it :cryfeels:

Altho we already had feminist shit in Skyrim, strong female charterers, gay marriage.
Strong female characters were mostly because of the culture in Skyrim, it didn't have much to do with cucked devs, like you could see in the game many strong females and shit but they still tried to make them look feminine which means they wanted to add strong female characters but they also tried to keep them attractive while doing it, in Nord culture both males and females are seen as warriors, so that explains why they added strong female characters.

Gay marriage was cucked but at least it was optional and the game did not have any gay characters, so the devs didn't cross the line at least.
Make an account on epic store and you get 2 free games every week, I dunno I also like the feel of owning something but I never bought a single game since Sega mega drive 2.
Just sell your data to china theory.

Steam has plenty of advantages to piracy it’s understandable

The platforms get you in their comfort net. That's the whole point. A one stop shop

I was a bundle addict and still a deal whore ngl. I have literally thousands of games and still buying more on sales etc.
@gymletethnicel and @ordinaryotaku can relate.
Nowadays i never spend money on shitty games and only buy decent games for my collection.

I was a bundle addict and still a deal whore ngl. I have literally thousands of games and still buying more on sales etc.
Nowadays i never spend money on shitty games and only buy decent games for my collection.
Yeah I don't buy crap either, the problem is that I buy anything at all when I can just pirate it.

Tbh same. Watching your Steam game count grow bigger is extremely satisfying.

But I don't like buying shitty games anymore either though, and even then, I think I only 700-800 out of my 3,146 games are actual garbage that I bought from game bots or whatever. For the past year or two, pretty much everything I've gotten was purely on Steam, Greenman Gaming, Humble Bundle, or Fanatical.

High key want to buy a bunch of garbage games though just to get the 3k games badge on my profile.

Last edited:
Im never buying another Bethesda game (they keep fucking the series and milking Skyrim to hell), its all pirating.

Sad thing is my ISP keeps jacking me off on pirating so I have to use a slow and free VPN. (Im poorcel)

Otherwise I dont play games much. I dont have a powerful computer.

But I don't like buying shitty games anymore either though, and even then, I think I only 700-800 out of my 3,146 games are actual garbage that I bought from game bots or whatever. For the past year or two, pretty much everything I've gotten was purely on Steam, Greenman Gaming, Humble Bundle, or Fanatical.

High key want to buy a bunch of garbage games though just to get the 3k games badge on my profile.

Yup, I'm done with shovelware. It's funny, I barely play PC anymore despite having a massive library.
It's much more satisfying to see your library grow by 1, but you know that game is worth playing 200 hours, than seeing it grow by 5 but it's all crap.
Im never buying another Bethesda game (they keep fucking the series and milking Skyrim to hell), its all pirating.

Sad thing is my ISP keeps jacking me off on pirating so I have to use a slow and free VPN. (Im poorcel)

Otherwise I dont play games much. I dont have a powerful computer.
Idk, maybe try this site. Since it's not torrenting I think it's harder to track. https://igg-games.com/list-215968962-game.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE HECCIN GAMERINOOOOOS THE DEVELOPERS NEED MONEY TO HIRE MORE WOMENNNNNN

Yup, I'm done with shovelware. It's funny, I barely play PC anymore despite having a massive library.

I wish i had that kind of money
They will ruin it :cryfeels:

Altho we already had feminist shit in Skyrim, strong female charterers, gay marriage.
Good then. I aways wanted to kill a bunch of faggots(in skyrim)