Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I think my brain is starting to realise it doesn't really enjoy vidya

Iwanttolive

Iwanttolive

Overlord
I don't feel excited by upcoming games and news.

I don't look forward to playing games. I still play but it's more like bcos I have nothing better to do.

I rmb as a child, that how great it would be once I become an adult and could afford what I want to play but now it's become a soulless activity.

I rmb as a child, that how great it would be once I become an adult and could afford what I want to play but now it's become a soulless activity.

Games, as whole, have become soulless. So you're not at fault there.

It’s all cope

Last time i was really enjoying games was 10 years ago. I loved playing PS2 games, and i was informed about new games, releases, etc. From there, i kept gradually losing interest as i discovered that i was subhuman. Nowadays, i play out of desperation. I dont enjoy games i just want to stop thinking about my miserable life. I dont care about new consoles or games.

Just stop playing for a while and do something else. I always cycle through watchin Netflix and anime, reading books, movies, internet. Doing the same thing gets dull after a while.

yeah I've had this same feeling for a long time now. I never really feel like playing video games anymore. most of the time I'd rather just kick back and listen to music or browse internet forums. wish I could get back in to it tbh

Games, as whole, have become soulless. So you're not at fault there.
I tried to play old games, games that were released when I was a young kid but didn't get to play them eg. Zelda The Minish Cap etc but I jus don't feel the excitement anymore.

For me it's a symptom of not being able to wait until I jump in the grave.

Just stop playing for a while and do something else. I always cycle through watchin Netflix and anime, reading books, movies, internet. Doing the same thing gets dull after a while.
True but I don't really play that much anymore. And when I try to play, it feels like a chore. The only exception are sports/card games where I can play in short bursts.

It's just that there's nothing to get excited about in gaming industry these days. RDR2 was the only game that I've been looking forward to play in the last few years.

Used to play for hours a day in middle and high school. Now I get bored and restless after an hour. It usually takes me weeks to finish a 15 hr game.

Ive stopped playing for quite some time, it doesn’t make me feel any emotions while playing anymore, I atleast would like to get angry when dying in a game but just feel indifferent

Games became really soulless and corporate. They lost their spark, their drive, their passion and originality. It's all a cash grab, nothing more. If I would play a more recent AAA game then I'd usually illegally download it. Those greedy buzzards don't deserve my money. For repetitive garbage.

I guess that's why vintage and indie gaming snobs like myself exist huh? Those games are made for experiences, which quality in mind and I can feel the passion even when I couldn't be alive to play them. I just care less for anything new. Same goes for most of my tastes, even music and clothing.

Games became really soulless and corporate. They lost their spark, their drive, their passion and originality. It's all a cash grab, nothing more. If I would play a more recent AAA game then I'd usually illegally download it. Those greedy buzzards don't deserve my money. For repetitive garbage.

I guess that's why vintage and indie gaming snobs like myself exist huh? Those games are made for experiences, which quality in mind and I can feel the passion even when I couldn't be alive to play them. I just care less for anything new. Same goes for most of my tastes, even music and clothing.
Could be why retro gaming is making quite a big comeback. Emulation n peripherals for retro gaming seems to be getting popular.
Used to play for hours a day in middle and high school. Now I get bored and restless after an hour. It usually takes me weeks to finish a 15 hr game.
Same. I can't sit still for more than an hour playing now

I think it's something normal after you play too many games, the same happens to me

That's not surprising as most upcoming games and game news is shit.
Most modern games really don't appeal to me anymore. I've been playing the games from the past few years and enjoying those.

One thing that kills it is knowing how these games (the modern variety) are now crafted by teams of psychologists in order to maximize player work/reward in order to milk you for monetization. There are documents revealing how some companies literally design in "frustration events" and other jew tactics.

If you want to enjoy a game these days, you need to put in effort to hunt down the ones that were designed from the heart and derived from a fun idea: small percentage of indies and most old/retro games from before the Fruedian-Bernays psychologist industry takeover.

OY VEY
THE INKWELL IS BECOMING SELF AWARE :giga::giga::feelswow::feelswow::feelswow:

Addendum to my last post:
How to know that a game is cancer:
  • It has been advertised anywhere, in any capacity
  • It is "free", as in free to play
  • There are daily/weekly/monthly content releases, treating the game as some sort of seasonal sport
  • It is mobile or has any mobile version available, or the authoring company participates in mobile game design in any capacity
  • "Social" elements

Kind of a weird cope but i enjoyed seeing how many games i beat in a year ngl, but now it's been a while that i played a game i really enjoyed.

I don’t even play video games

Had that happen to me over a year ago. I’ve just stopped playing video games now. I don’t enjoy them.

i onlu want to play older games, games that i played as a kid.

Same here really, I just feel bored all the time.

JFL at copers who invent theories about how games became soulless
You can no longer trick your brain into releasing dopamine and you've raped your entire primitive reward system with sitting in front of dumb vidya while coping as a loser kid.
It's just misery now. Enjoy.
Also same here

You've already reached the point where everything will become a huge blur. Time will blur into one big mess where you can't remember any positive memories, years will feel like minutes, and you will be 55 before you know it.

I don't look forward to playing games. I still play but it's more like bcos I have nothing better to do.

Every time I try to get back into gaming I leave with a bitter taste in my mouth because I just get treated like shit by other players. Gaming is supposed to be about having fun. I've been brought to the point where my arms would shake like crazy from the adrenaline rush when I get bullied online. If gaming is going to cause me that much stress on top of the other things happening in my life there's no point in pursuing it any further as a hobby.

Addendum to my last post:
How to know that a game is cancer:
  • It has been advertised anywhere, in any capacity
  • It is "free", as in free to play
  • There are daily/weekly/monthly content releases, treating the game as some sort of seasonal sport
  • It is mobile or has any mobile version available, or the authoring company participates in mobile game design in any capacity
  • "Social" elements

What a hipster.
JFL at copers who invent theories about how games became soulless
You can no longer trick your brain into releasing dopamine and you've raped your entire primitive reward system with sitting in front of dumb vidya while coping as a loser kid.
It's just misery now. Enjoy.
Also same here

While what you're saying about burned out dopamine receptors is true in many cases and might be the case with OP, it's also true that games have dropped dramatically in quality over the decades as entertainment products.

Games are generally far less memorable and enjoyable to play. Why do people remember and cherish the Metal Gear Solid series, for example? The game has a rich (and sometimes retarded) story and lore, and has big themes. The gameplay itself is nothing particularly special (3rd person action with emphasis on stealth mechanics), but try comparing that with the Gears of War series. It's not even close in terms of where it sits on the gaming hierarchy.

Last edited:
only game im playing now is animal crossing and im bored of it

no good games nowadays

Meh still enjoying my vidya tbh

Vidya is still good cope for me.

"We play video games while Chad plays sex games"

You should rejoice, you're getting close to the point where you'll stop wasting endless hours coping and start working towards building an enjoyable existence

After a certain point entertainment stops being as enjoyable as it was before because you can no longer deny how shitty your existence is

I have this game on my computer that I enjoying playing, its my favorite genre, action rpg, I've tried multiple times to start the game up and play it

As soon as I start it up, and create a character and kill a few enemies, a thought pops into my head that I'm wasting time and I'm tired of being broke and having nothing, and it literally ruins gaming for me, I can't even enjoy playing even when I want to, and this happened so much I no longer want to