Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I think the gymcel craze is coming to an end

• Thread starter Deleted member 2047
  • Start date
Deleted member 2047

Deleted member 2047

Self-banned
-
As we all know, the data shows the incel crisis started around 2008 with the advent of smartphones. it took about 2-4 years before average guys started to realize they were getting little to no female attention. It used to be that the gym was a place for chad to run up the score, but a regular guy could live a normal life and get his looksmatch. As regular guys started to realize they weren't getting laid, they turned to /r/fitness and /fit/ for advice.

The thing is that millennial who grew up non-chads weren't going to the gym with their dads and the football team like Chad was. Meaning, they didn't have access to the same information. Because of this, the gymcel forms /r/fitness and /fit/ propped up bizarre cranks like Mark Rippetoe and advocated for weird barbell based programs like Stronglifts 5x5 rather than the normal, Chad tested methods of bodypart splits. Suddenly, between 2012-2017, the gym was FULL of soft jawed, ethnic, short, and narrow framed cels straining themselves to heavy squats, thinking this woudl somehow translate into a v-taper.

It is absolutely NO secret that the incel crisis and powerlifting rise correlate closely. The gymcel youtube scene made up of those like Canditto and Omar Isuf grew as these types of programs started to take off thanks to sub8s flooding the gym. The powerlifting craze is mostly the result of the first batch of gymcels getting blackpilled by a lack of progress (aka lack of bone structure) and deluding themselves into thinking "I'm not doing this for women, I might as well compete in this memesport to see which virgin as the biggest squat!"

However, since 2018 or so, I've noticed that even powerlifitng is dying down. I don't see nearly as many gymcels walking in with giant belts, squat shoes, and knee sleeves. The guys who started gymcelling in 2012-2015 or so are starting to see the results of their training, and noticing that they still look like shit and aren't getting laid. The gym has gone back to chads brosplitting and barbells becoming bare again. Men really are just giving up

High IQ. Gym is manlet gigacope

You need to be normie to gymmax anyways

The shooting ranges are getting very busy tho :feelsthink:

Bullshit. Grind and reach that absolute apex of what you can be. If women won't appreciate you at the very least you can respect yourself.

I still go to the gym to keep my muscles intact etc.

But I'm not going to 100% gym autist like those guys at /fit/. I mean what's the point?

Bullshit. Grind and reach that absolute apex of what you can be. If women won't appreciate you at the very least you can respect yourself.
cope. You lift for girls.
I still go to the gym to keep my muscles intact etc.

But I'm not going to 100% gym autist like those guys at /fit/. I mean what's the point?
Cope. You lift for girls.

Completely false. It's possible to lift for your own development. If anything you live to spite those who would never consider you worthwhile, and at times it gives more gratification then actually being with them.

Completely false. It's possible to lift for your own development. If anything you live to spite those who would never consider you worthwhile, and at times it gives more gratification then actually being with them.
cope

Are you done being a stupid faggot or are you just incapable of typing anything else you dense fuck
>Feb 4, 2020

BWWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Why so many curries and rice go to gym? Lmao.

Btw, "bodybuilding" is not a sport. It's about aesthetics. The goal of aesthetics is to attract opposite sex (or same sex if you are a faggot). Many gymcels justify their cope by labeling it as a "sport". But in fact, their initial motivation was to get poons, once they realize muscle won't get them poons, they start that "sports" coping.

Except if you are into professional weight-lifting, wrestling etc. then yea, that's a sport.

Also most gymcels are pathetically bad at normal sports, like they really suck at football, soccer, swimming, baseball, badminton, table-tennis etc. even some of them can't run. You will rarely see gymcels in professional sports team. Gymcels might be pleasing to eyes, but that's all. They are good for nothing.

Btw, I have seen gymcels working as naked models in fine-arts department, they get paid like 5 bucks/hour for standing naked, pathetic af.

Btw, "bodybuilding" is not a sport. It's about aesthetics. The goal of aesthetics is to attract opposite sex (or same sex if you are a faggot). Many gymcels justify their cope by labeling it as a "sport". But in fact, their initial motivation was to get poons, once they realize muscle won't get them poons, they start that "sports" coping.

Except if you are into professional weight-lifting, wrestling etc. then yea, that's a sport.

Also most gymcels are pathetically bad at normal sports, like they really suck at football, soccer, swimming, baseball, badminton, table-tennis etc. even some of them can't run. You will rarely see gymcels in professional sports team. Gymcels might be pleasing to eyes, but that's all. They are good for nothing.

Btw, I have seen gymcels working as naked models in fine-arts department, they get paid like 5 bucks/hour for standing naked, pathetic af.
That's because being aesthetic does not mean athletic whatever.

Most gymcels I've met have terrible cardio, vertical, 40 yard time, etc.

tl;dr low IQ rambling

Here are the facts:

Screenshot wwwstatistacom 20200208 13 27 10

• The health club market is worth $87.2 billion globally and has grown every year since 2008 [IHRSA 2018].
  • In the USA, there were more than 6 billion gym visits to 39,570 facilities in 2018 (this excludes hotel gyms) [IHRSA 2019].
  • At 39,570, the number of US health club facilities increased by 2.8% over the previous year, up from 38,477 locations [IHRSA 2019].
  • In 2018, U.S. gym industry revenue increased to $32.3 billion, up from $30 billion in 2017, a 7.8% growth [IHRSA 2019].
  • The U.S. health club industry serves 71.5 million consumers [IHRSA 2019].
  • In the UK there are over 7,000 gyms and the market value is just under £5 billion [Leisure Database 2018].
  • Boutique studios and budget clubs (high volume low cost) are continuing to perform well, although some are predicting a resurgence of mid-market clubs [Wellness Creative Co. 2019].

The gymcel craze isn't going away.

Also most gymcels are pathetically bad at normal sports, like they really suck at football, soccer, swimming, baseball, badminton, table-tennis etc.
This is true :feelsbadman:

Gym is a drug for me. It makes you feel good and to me is on par with drugs when I get right into it. I don't try and bulk or any shit. It's purely to get high and also not feel like a complete piece of shit.

Cope. The gymcel craze is here to stand.

Gym is a drug for me. It makes you feel good and to me is on par with drugs when I get right into it. I don't try and bulk or any shit. It's purely to get high and also not feel like a complete piece of shit.
This is the main reason that I do hit the gym frequently as well.

Gymcel is actually essential to find out if you’re a fakecel hiding a chad face behind fat. It also keeps you in good physical condition to do other physical activities. Most gym rats don’t do anything but lift, which is to say that there is no functional purpose for their lifting other than a vain attempt to get girls.

I know/knew an incel manlet who turned normie/betabux, he gymcelled like crazy, he is a 4/10 if you rate by PSL. I don't greet him anymore since he got himself a foid. I find it funny, all of a sudden i saw him at the same time every evening walking a dog. He never had a shih tzu before. I looked up where he lived and it turned out he had moved in with a foid.

He's 26 and she is 24. He had become a cuck all of a sudden, his roastie GF most likely force him to walk her dog every single evening. He never had any interested in dogs when i knew him. His GF also mogs him by 1-2 points, she's probably taller than him too. Gymcelling can help but you'll probably end up a betabux if you're sub 8. They also worked at the same job... If they didn't he would still be incel. He was for a long time since i knew him.

Personally I started going to gym just to make myself be able to beat up any normie that pisses me off, so idk what are you talking about

How true is this :feelswhere:
Very. There is long queues for pistol and rifle ranges in my city. All single men. Sometimes one foid comes around and everyone wants her to try out their guns.

tl;dr low IQ rambling

Here are the facts:

View attachment 199145

Thank you for providing actual facts as opposed to blind speculation.

I'll provide my own anecdote in that I still see plenty of incellish/beta dudes at my university gym, mostly fairly scrawny.
Also, gymcel-lite is not a bad cope. A couple hours a week is fairly easy to put in and it's quite good for your health, energy levels. This is proven. Will you get women or get better bone structure? No. At the very least, a certain degree of conditioning/fitness means you command a little more respect from the typical skinnyfat American, which is better for professional/social activities (outside of getting women ofc)

OP, I have a question for you. In your opinion, do you think "you just do x for girls" applies to other hobbies too? I mean any hobby.

I am curious to see your answer.

Personally I started going to gym just to make myself be able to beat up any normie that pisses me off, so idk what are you talking about
I started going after I got robbed, I was tired of being seen as a pushover.

As we all know, the data shows the incel crisis started around 2008 with the advent of smartphones. it took about 2-4 years before average guys started to realize they were getting little to no female attention. It used to be that the gym was a place for chad to run up the score, but a regular guy could live a normal life and get his looksmatch. As regular guys started to realize they weren't getting laid, they turned to /r/fitness and /fit/ for advice.

The thing is that millennial who grew up non-chads weren't going to the gym with their dads and the football team like Chad was. Meaning, they didn't have access to the same information. Because of this, the gymcel forms /r/fitness and /fit/ propped up bizarre cranks like Mark Rippetoe and advocated for weird barbell based programs like Stronglifts 5x5 rather than the normal, Chad tested methods of bodypart splits. Suddenly, between 2012-2017, the gym was FULL of soft jawed, ethnic, short, and narrow framed cels straining themselves to heavy squats, thinking this woudl somehow translate into a v-taper.

It is absolutely NO secret that the incel crisis and powerlifting rise correlate closely. The gymcel youtube scene made up of those like Canditto and Omar Isuf grew as these types of programs started to take off thanks to sub8s flooding the gym. The powerlifting craze is mostly the result of the first batch of gymcels getting blackpilled by a lack of progress (aka lack of bone structure) and deluding themselves into thinking "I'm not doing this for women, I might as well compete in this memesport to see which virgin as the biggest squat!"

However, since 2018 or so, I've noticed that even powerlifitng is dying down. I don't see nearly as many gymcels walking in with giant belts, squat shoes, and knee sleeves. The guys who started gymcelling in 2012-2015 or so are starting to see the results of their training, and noticing that they still look like shit and aren't getting laid. The gym has gone back to chads brosplitting and barbells becoming bare again. Men really are just giving up
I went to gym for a while

got kinda buff

LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING

NOTHING AT ALL

changed in my life. Still live alone, cook alone, sleep alone. Crickets in the silence.

so I stopped gyming, just do push-ups and pull-ups to stay strong

High IQ. The gymcel craze will be remembered as one of the most pathetic fads ever.

Now I think back to my gymcel days, I cringe. To think that you can turn genetic shit into Arnold. To think that foids care how much you can deadlift.

Still, it means more of them will swallow the blackpill. The fire rises.

I have made the same observation.

spot on with the rise in powerlifting

After seeing photos of minmax framelets, the blackpill of needing good genes sealed it for me. That v taper or whatever aesthetics shown on MensHealth is impossible or takes an absurd effort n money for most guys. Plus, FACE>everything

I still lift at home every now n then though.

OP, I have a question for you. In your opinion, do you think "you just do x for girls" applies to other hobbies too? I mean any hobby.

I am curious to see your answer.
I post on incels.co to get laid.

It's still worth looksmaxing, you'll be perceived and treated better.

Honestly at my gym, most of the members are men aged 30 and higher. There are some teenagers, but few and they don't come for more than one month usually. Some young men are there as well aged 20-27 but the majority are middle aged men.

tl;dr low IQ rambling

Here are the facts:

View attachment 199145

Why everyone so fat?

Is this like diet coke where fat people are more likely to drink it?

High IQ. I've noticed the same thing.

Strength training keeps you a lot fitter and allows you to burn fat quicker.

Its better than all that other meme shit people do. The biggest normie myth people follow is that Cardio helps you burn fat or lose weight. (Pro tip its doesn't unless its HIIT on a steep incline)

you overestimate a normie's ability to recognize facts and respond to them

The gymcel trend is here to stay. And people do lift for other reasons than bitches. I have to lift for my health problems.