Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I thought about some reasons why I'm depressed, and it may help you too.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
1. Your mind constantly predicting the future and thinking it knows how something will play out before it happens, no excitement to it, or knowing what will happen even years in advance in your life - my depressed mind has always done this. I "know" what life is going to be like even years from now, and it's always a depressing scenario. Normal people aren't like that. They go about their day and they think life is mysterious and full of wonders, anything may happen. It's all exciting. I, however, always "know" what everything is going to be like. I knew what university was going to be like before I ever went there. Knew what working was going to be like before I ever worked. Normal people just don't think like that, they go with the flow and happy surprises may happen along the way. But I obsess about the future, I know what's going to happen, and every day just seems like a hollow and dark slog towards a worse future I already know.
Unfortunately I was always right. My depression started when I was 13, more than 12 years ago, and I predicted my future accurately since then. Everything I've ever predicted was either spot on or ended up being even worse than the depressing scenarios I've envisioned. Funny how I was given a lot more chances than the average person in my country and yet I ended up being the biggest losers anyone has ever seen, failing in everything.

2. Reductionism, boiling things down to the bare minimum, stripping them down - this ties in with the first one because it takes the excitement, wonder and joy out of life. I always simplify everything in my mind and strip it of any joy or flavor. A normal person may think "I'm going to work, I'm going to do this and that, going to enjoy the day, eat my favorite lunch, hang out with my friend etc...". I'm not like that. For me the day is already doomed. I'd think "I'm going to drudge another day at this shithole job where I do meaningless shit day in day out for just enough money to survive to come back another day to do this meaningless, boring and arduous shit yet again". I completely ignore the small little details of life, the things that may happen during the day. For me it's just black and white, I see myself slaving all day so all the little things my brain ignores and I just focus on the shitty drudgery of my existence.

With these reasons being outlined, maybe we can try to consciously counteract those ways of thinking.

Last edited:
So in short you knew you were fucked and saw through all the bullshit and meaningless distractions, making you numb and depressed

More muh mindset cope. No mindset for your face @metabuxx

spot on thread once again, too relatable brocel

So in short you knew you were fucked and saw through all the bullshit and meaningless distractions, making you numb and depressed
Ironic how I saw through the bullshit and meaningless distractions, and so because of that all I can do all day long in order to avoid a breakdown is just distracting myself and engaging in escapism, watching sitcoms, browsing the internet and playing games in order to avoid the painful reality.
spot on thread once again, too relatable brocel
Hope we can turn it around mate. Maybe one day we'll feel happy.

I'm depressed because I never felt a sense of belonging. I am socially isolated for years which has destroyed me. Not having a cute GF that cares about you is also very depressing. Every single event and state we have experienced in the past has shaped and led us to this point. There are way too many reasons to list.

I'm depressed because I never felt a sense of belonging. I am socially isolated for years which has destroyed me. Not having a cute GF that cares about you is also very depressing. Every single event and state we have experienced in the past has shaped and led us to this point. There are way too many reasons to list.
That is a very good point, the list is endless. Hell, even just discussing one single reason why we're like this, it's way too complicated. There's so many factors going into it, it's never black and white.

P.S: Yeah I know you'll say you're depressed cause no gf, but other than that there's also these reasons.
I do agree that a gf would substantially fix all of our lives.

1) Dwelling on the future: With a gf she is mentally and psychologically the opposite of you. You guys contrast each other. So while you are dreading the future and thinking nothing good will come of anything she is there to make plans for you two and she will raise your spirits and you will have moments where all you want to do is freeze those tiny precious moments and live them forever. Because she is with you.

2) Reduction thinking: With a gf you won't think, "bah I hate work! another fucking day!" Your mind will start changing and start having more positive outlooks in life. You think, "OMG! Maybe I should do overtime? I really want to buy my new honey that expensive necklace she keeps eyeing at the mall. Ooh! I can't wait til overtime is over so I can go home and pound her into oblivion!" You will both want to work harder and longer because harder/longer pay = increased monetary rewards = increased girlfriend happiness BUT AT THE SAME TIME you get so excited by leaving the office because you will get to go home to your newfound love. It's a win-win situation. There are no drawbacks for a salaryman if he has a spouse (at least initially). And on average you are going to be make a few thousand more than your single counterparts. (Heck I've worked holidays just because I had nothing to do and didn't want to go home just to be alone.)

But yes other than a gf fixing 95% of your resentment towards life I do agree with your points. I too dwell on the inevitable and that causes me to not care about things. To a pitiful degree I may add.

That is a very good point, the list is endless. Hell, even just discussing one single reason why we're like this, it's way too complicated. There's so many factors going into it, it's never black and white.
Because every single reason was influenced by a causal chain. Every single event and state we have experienced since birth has influenced and led us to this point. This is why there are many reasons. The main reasons why I am depressed are social isolation and inceldom which were also influenced by the very same causal chain.

3. Doing horribly in life.
How can you be happy when everything is going south and nothing is working for you.

I do agree that a gf would substantially fix all of our lives.

1) Dwelling on the future: With a gf she is mentally and psychologically the opposite of you. You guys contrast each other. So while you are dreading the future and thinking nothing good will come of anything she is there to make plans for you two and she will raise your spirits and you will have moments where all you want to do is freeze those tiny precious moments and live them forever. Because she is with you.

2) Reduction thinking: With a gf you won't think, "bah I hate work! another fucking day!" Your mind will start changing and start having more positive outlooks in life. You think, "OMG! Maybe I should do overtime? I really want to buy my new honey that expensive necklace she keeps eyeing at the mall. Ooh! I can't wait til overtime is over so I can go home and pound her into oblivion!" You will both want to work harder and longer because harder/longer pay = increased monetary rewards = increased girlfriend happiness BUT AT THE SAME TIME you get so excited by leaving the office because you will get to go home to your newfound love. It's a win-win situation. There are no drawbacks for a salaryman if he has a spouse (at least initially). And on average you are going to be make a few thousand more than your single counterparts. (Heck I've worked holidays just because I had nothing to do and didn't want to go home just to be alone.)

But yes other than a gf fixing 95% of your resentment towards life I do agree with your points. I too dwell on the inevitable and that causes me to not care about things. To a pitiful degree I may add.
Hmm, maybe you are right. I just have such an introverted way of thinking that I couldn't even imagine all this. Good points.