Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I want to start looksmaxing but im overwhelmed and need help

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
My specs currently: 93kg (want to loose weight until i get to 75kg), 1,73m tall and i have never really done any kind of sport or exercise

Obviously i need to exercise and start eating healthy. My problem is that im overwhelmed by all the tips, suggestions and guides. Every source tells me something different and i don't know what to believe anymore and where to begin. Im asking you guys who have experience with it for legit helpful advice.

If you are looking to lose weight, remember the trifecta of fitness: diet, sleep, and exercise. Think of it like a stool; you cannot support a person on a stool that has only two legs. What this means is that you have to have 8 hours of sleep per day, exercise regularly (2-4 times per week with rest days in between depending on your capabilities), and diet.

Diet accounts for 85%+ of weight loss. Exercise certainly helps and makes you look better once you've lost that weight, but diet is everything. The best way to lose weight, especially if you are already overweight and are inexperienced in the gym is diet. If you don't diet, you have to burn more calories. Because you are overweight and haven't used the gym before to build muscle, you need to work much harder to burn the same amount of calories as a regular gym-goer because muscles allow you to burn calories better through more vigorous exercise and because they demand calories for their upkeep.

So, in summation, what does this mean for you? Go on a diet that has fats, carbs, and proteins but cuts down on sugars (doesn't have to be zero, just lower). EDIT: Forgot to mention that this diet should lower your caloric intake. Start gradual and slow. First grow accustomed to eating the right foods in the quantity you feel you need. Then start spacing out your meals. Then start lowering the caloric intake gradually. End edit.

One easy way to do this is to replace all hydration with water and unsweetened teas and the like. Try to accustom yourself to multiple small meals per day rather than 1-2 big ones and snacking. As far as the gym, I find "Starting Strength" 5x5 by rippetoe to be a great starting point because it is very flexible to your starting capacity. If you don't have gym access, then calisthenics can take the place of gym work but keep in mind you have to work for longer to achieve the same results. I have heard good things about HIIRT regimens for calisthenics but can't comment on those from personal experience.

Good luck and feel free to ask any other questions you may have÷

Thanks that is what i needed. I will try it and come back to you if i have some questions.

Stop adding sugar to things you eat/drink, avoid bread and fried stuff, cook your own meals.

To lose weight, you just need to eat less calories than your body consumes in a day. It's really that simple.

Now, in order to lose fat (and not just weight) and hold on to muscle (you don't want to enter Auschwitz territory), you need plenty of protein (1 * lbs of body weight), not eat too little (don't go below a 500 calorie deficit) and do some strength training 2-3 times a week. 93kg to 75kg of actual fat loss is going to take quite a while. Don't try and speed up the process, as what extra you lose will not be fat.

No need to do cardio, just do some walking every week.

Easy list in order:

1. Increase protein consumption, 1 * lbs of body weight.
2. Hit the gym
3. Eat at a calorie deficit of 300-500 calories.
4. Go for a few walks every week. 2-3 hours of walking a week should suffice.
5. Be patient

Just to clarify, the "1 * lbs of body weight " that CopingGymcel put is measured in grams, so one gram of protein per day for each pound. I don't necessarily agree with this for people who are looking to lose weight and I have read some sources denouncing such high protein counts, so in my opinion I don't think you should push yourself to reach that number every day, especially if that means exceeding your caloric quota.

1382841151382.jpg
can i get decent buff with just a bar, I don't want to be "swole" I just want visible muscle mass like joey demaio

Just a quick question. I which category would my weight fall? chubby, obese, really fat?

ICanOnlyFapToBDSM said:
1382841151382.jpg
can i get decent buff with just a bar, I don't want to be "swole" I just want visible muscle mass like joey demaio

This is a common misconception, that you will somehow get super bulky by accident. It doesn't work like that. I'm sure you can get into good shape with just a bar, but it will have diminishing returns over time because the more you develop your muscles, the more resistance you need to burn the same amount of calories per minute.

grayjedi90 said:
Just a quick question. I which category would my weight fall? chubby, obese, really fat?

According to the online BMI calculator, your BMI is 31.1. 30+ is considered obese - especially since you said you have no muscle development. Some body builders and the like have similar BMIs but that is because they are muscle-laden and muscle weighs more than fat.

In short - you are medically considered to be obese.

the hair on you head and face are the easiest things to change and can make a huge difference

looksmaxing is common sense. you just need to get rid of the mental blocks