Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I watched "Taxi Driver" and I didn't feel like it was worth the hype

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
They told me its supposed to be the critically acclaimed "Incel" film that would heavily inspire "Joker"

But I just didn't relate to Travis well. I guess I'm not mentally damaged enough.

Also he's a bluepilled simp who spends more time caring about others instead of himself.

Yeah he rescued that Child hooker. Big deal? Whats to stop her from returning to that lifestyle? After all he never actually addressed the root cause of it. He just killed some pimps. But man has to feel like a white knight hero right?

Oh and for a mentally damaged "Incel", he sure has it good when he got that hot Blonde chick to go out with him not once BUT TWICE!!! I mean if he really was an Incel, that blonde chick would have called the cops on him for even being near her in the first place!

They told me its supposed to be the critically acclaimed "Incel" film that would heavily inspire "Joker"

But I just didn't relate to Travis well. I guess I'm not mentally damaged enough.

Also he's a bluepilled simp who spends more time caring about others instead of himself.

Yeah he rescued that Child hooker. Big deal? Whats to stop her from returning to that lifestyle? After all he never actually addressed the root cause of it. He just killed some pimps.

Oh and for a mentally damaged "Incel", he sure has it good when he got that hot Blonde chick to go out with him not once BUT TWICE!!! I mean if he really was an Incel, that blonde chick would have called the cops on him for even being near her in the first place!

Agreed but so many films are like that influencing the prevailing narrative that women don't know what they do and that you should look for a man to blame for why they are the way they are.

The movie is almost 50 years old. You would identify with it much easier if you were living in his time.
Back then women weren't complete hypergamous savages like today which is a plus, but as for a big minus he didn't have internet to give him a social outlet. That's why he would opt into working crazy long hours to take his mind off the loneliness.

I think it's an overrated movie myself but back then you didn't have much mainstream insight into the lives of lonely single men.

The movie is almost 50 years old. You would identify with it much easier if you were living in his time.
Back then women weren't complete hypergamous savages like today which is a plus, but as for a big minus he didn't have internet to give him a social outlet. That's why he would opt into working crazy long hours to take his mind off the loneliness.

I think it's an overrated movie myself but back then you didn't have much mainstream insight into the lives of lonely single men.
That's true. It was in the 70s.

But that means things were already bad back then. No wonder we are so fucked today!!!!!

Don't even have a chance now

Agreed but so many films are like that influencing the prevailing narrative that women don't know what they do and that you should look for a man to blame for why they are the way they are.
Or more claiming that incels are not as rejected as they really are. It's brainwashing.